The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Detailing (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   California Water Blade (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106)

REDS Z16 05-16-2006 06:31 PM

California Blade..

I use the blade BUT ONLY after a wash were the water is beaded on the car and I am certain no sand/grit is in the mix. As a matter of course, I never use the blade on a surface where gravity will naturally drain the rinse water.. doors/fenders/rear-front facia as those surfaces are more likely to have some residual grit anyway if that's possible after a wash..

So far, I can't atribute any damage to the finish being the result of the blade.. it makes the dry job so much quicker and with less towels..
HB :thumbsup:

exile 05-16-2006 06:43 PM

I won't use one. Two bucket wash and microfiber(waffleweave)for me:NoNo: .......Tom

MADN3SS 05-16-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDS Z16
I use the blade BUT ONLY after a wash were the water is beaded on the car and I am certain no sand/grit is in the mix. As a matter of course, I never use the blade on a surface where gravity will naturally drain the rinse water.. doors/fenders/rear-front facia as those surfaces are more likely to have some residual grit anyway if that's possible after a wash..

So far, I can't atribute any damage to the finish being the result of the blade.. it makes the dry job so much quicker and with less towels..
HB :thumbsup:

Have you ever clayed your car before? Because if you haven't, you would be surprised how much grit is actually in the paint.

Rich Z 05-16-2006 09:48 PM

Speaking of claying, how often do you guys do this? I clayed mine when I first got it, which was around 7 months ago. Made a world of difference in how the paint surface felt to the touch.

BTW, it also does wonders for cleaning the glass as well.

exile 05-17-2006 12:42 AM

So far, the schedule is to clay about every six months or PRN, whichever comes first. I spend quite a bit of time detailing and participate in detailing forums. The prep work before polishing and waxing is the most important part of a detail. Clay makes all the difference.............:thumbsup: ............Tom

Rich Z 05-17-2006 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exile
So far, the schedule is to clay about every six months or PRN, whichever comes first. I spend quite a bit of time detailing and participate in detailing forums. The prep work before polishing and waxing is the most important part of a detail. Clay makes all the difference.............:thumbsup: ............Tom

Aw man... You're going to actually make me ask what "PRN" stands for, aren't you? And then I'm going to kick myself at the obvious answer... :ack2:

exile 05-17-2006 02:06 AM

PRN Pro Re Nata (Latin: for the existing occasion; as matters are; as needed)

Rich Z 05-17-2006 03:08 AM

LOL!! I was guessing "Preparing for Race Night" or something along that line. :rofl1:

Haven't had Latin since high school so not a chance I would have figured out that one.......

MADN3SS 05-17-2006 09:51 AM

I clayed mine for a show in March. I haven't really noticed much grit after washing it so far. I'll probably do it again in the next two months.

pewter99 05-17-2006 05:29 PM

Mine gets clayed 2 times a year...its amazing how much better it feels afterwards