The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Firearms and Other Weapons (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Connecticut Murders (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85946)

Rich Z 12-16-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 168836)
I'm no religious zealot but there has never been a violent act committed at a traditional Christian school .There was not one mass murder in the US school system from 1927-1964 why is that ?:shrug01:

Yeah, especially since up to 1934 full automatic weapons were available to EVERYONE. And up to 1968 a person could buy a Lahti 20mm anti-tank cannon off of the back page of Popular Science and buy a gun nearly everywhere, even via mail order) simply by plunking down their money.

Logic would tell someone that facts are pointing to either one of two things: (1) Either more gun laws and restrictions cause more gun related crime, or (2) whatever factors that are increasing gun crime have absolutely nothing to do with the gun laws being imposed.

So what does this all have to say about the effectiveness of gun laws? :shrug01:

85vette 12-16-2012 06:24 PM

Isn't 1964 about the time the ACLU outlawed prayer in schools?

vett boy 12-16-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85vette (Post 168838)
Isn't 1964 about the time the ACLU outlawed prayer in schools?

Bingo.

No school prayer
Limited pledge of allegiance
Single parents
Teachers expected to raise the kids
No discipline in or out of school
Parents on drugs
care to add to the list -----------------

Religion is the catalyst to morals .Can an atheist have morals ? certainly but organized religion that doesn't go over the top generally makes better people.
:yesnod: This comes from yours truly who attends church at least twice a year.

mickeystoysz16 12-16-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 168801)
Yeah, what a dilemma these sorts of rules and regulations put people.

you go to jail along with me. Trust me, what it's going to cost you for a defense attorney is going to be MANY MANY times the value of what you have on your person right now. And then when you become a felon, they will take that gun away from you anyway, and you can NEVER own another.

This is more true than you know. I know someone that was carjacked. When they pulled a .45 the police arrested the victim for using a weapon. Castle Doctrine was the only reason that person did not do any time, but STILL has a felony record for publicly discharging a firearm and cost about $15k for a defense attorney.

Rich Z 12-16-2012 08:42 PM

I guess it's pretty obvious that the Castle Doctrine law is null and void in designated gun free zones.

You do have to wonder why "criminal free" zones aren't being designated anywhere, though......... :shrug01: