The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Firearms and Other Weapons (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   CCW saves the day, apparently (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100376)

Rich Z 11-28-2013 04:37 AM

The people who get caught when playing that "game" need to be treated VERY harshly. Either by the law, or by the intended victims who don't play by their rules.

85vette 11-28-2013 08:45 AM

This is a crime that physically injures innocent, non suspecting citizens. There is no warning involved. It's barbaric. Perhaps a barbaric punishment would fit the crime. In some countries the authorities would probably cut the suspects hand off or have them flogged. Unfortunately they'll just get their hand slapped here unless it was the judge's wife that was the victim.

Mannings 11-28-2013 10:43 AM

Ok you LEO's out there help me with this one.

This appears to be hit and run. My wife carries a CCW, some DOG hits her and takes off, she pulls her CCW and fires, who gets the ride downtown? :shrug01:

Rich Z 11-28-2013 11:53 AM

This will get sticky. Indications are that these are black hoodlums playing the game. If you shoot at one or more of them, it will be considered race related, but their attacking you will not.

Even stickier will be that your shooting AFTER being attacked might be looked at as being revenge rather than defense if someone like that dumbass state attorney Angela Corey handles the prosecution. Personally, I would look at it as a justifiable extermination to keep such vermin from attacking others in the future.

But I am not a LEO, attorney, nor judge, and never played being any of them in a movie.

85vette 11-28-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannings (Post 185370)
Ok you LEO's out there help me with this one.

This appears to be hit and run. My wife carries a CCW, some DOG hits her and takes off, she pulls her CCW and fires, who gets the ride downtown? :shrug01:

If he hits her and runs, the threat is gone. You can only defend yourself(and other)while the threat is present. Bullets in the suspect's derriere would suggest the suspect was retreating.
Also, after taking a hit like those in the videos, it would likely render her unconscious and unable to retain possession of her weapon.
That is the problem with this cowardly crime. It's practically impossible to defend against, unless as Rich said, you have your hand on your gun at all times.

Mannings 11-28-2013 12:41 PM

My exact opinion. There is a video of a perp who takes a swing at a lady and she ducked. She's reaching in her purse as the fool runs away. If she has a CCW and knew the law or had second thoughts about the consequences that's probably where she stopped, just reaching.

And the LEO's are accused of profiling?? Guess I'll line up behind them on this one.

Rich Z 11-28-2013 01:11 PM

Yeah, I've often wondered about this sort of thing. Where is the line between "brandishing" and pulling out your gun in anticipation of needing it for protection?

If someone snatches your wallet and runs, and you catch up with him and tackle his ass, is that assault on your part? If someone stabs you and while the perp is walking away you shoot the SOB, are YOU in legal jeopardy for stopping him in the only way you can and not allowing him to escape scott free?

I guess that's why defense attorneys pull in the big bucks.