The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Detailing (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Adam's Free Sample Offer? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2987)

als2052 07-12-2007 08:33 PM

Its been so long that I have no idea what order number I got but I do know this - I was one of the first who PM'd minutes after the the initial post first hit the forum. I guess it was too good to be true...

Electra 07-13-2007 11:30 AM

Adams Polishes sample kit

I just sent them email today asking where my free sample pack is for which I placed an order back on Feb. 8! We'll see what happens; however, I'm not too concerned 'cause I still swear by Zaino!

Nytro 07-13-2007 01:42 PM

Brad, could you give us an idea on how many free packs were sent out and returned because of the spammer that bombarded the Adams site in hopes of doing harm to Adams' business. Any idea how many free packages were sent out and returned ? I wonder how much money was lost due to freight charges to and from bogus addresses and how much money as far as man hours to package the items, label and ship them ? Also, because it has been so long what can a potential customer do if they no longer have their original order number to get a free sample.

BrAdam's 07-15-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nytro
Brad, could you give us an idea on how many free packs were sent out and returned because of the spammer that bombarded the Adams site in hopes of doing harm to Adams' business. Any idea how many free packages were sent out and returned ? I wonder how much money was lost due to freight charges to and from bogus addresses and how much money as far as man hours to package the items, label and ship them ? Also, because it has been so long what can a potential customer do if they no longer have their original order number to get a free sample.

Hi Nytro

Thanks for your question. We sent out about 2,000 free sample packages the first week alone. During the second week, we had about 500 or so show back up at both of our warehouses saying that no such address exist. Thus, we found ourselves in quite the predicament. All said and done we paid about $50,000 (or a new C6) in shipping charges, not including our cost of the product. So you can understand, money like that can hurt a small company like Adam's. We had no idea that our offer would turn into such a headache.

I would like to personally apologize to the Corvette Florida community for this whole ordeal. Our whole goal was to get these products into the customer's hands to let them see what our goods are all about. Even if you don't have your original order number, please email me brad@adamspolishes.com with your mailing address and phone number so we can get those out to you.

Thanks everyone again for understanding

"Backyard Mechanic" 07-15-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrAdam's
Hi Nytro

Thanks for your question. We sent out about 2,000 free sample packages the first week alone. During the second week, we had about 500 or so show back up at both of our warehouses saying that no such address exist. Thus, we found ourselves in quite the predicament. All said and done we paid about $50,000 (or a new C6) in shipping charges, not including our cost of the product. So you can understand, money like that can hurt a small company like Adam's. We had no idea that our offer would turn into such a headache.

I would like to personally apologize to the Corvette Florida community for this whole ordeal. Our whole goal was to get these products into the customer's hands to let them see what our goods are all about. Even if you don't have your original order number, please email me brad@adamspolishes.com with your mailing address and phone number so we can get those out to you.

Thanks everyone again for understanding

Sorry about your shipping problem.But what most of us we're upset about was'nt that we did'nt get the free sample but that we heard nothing about what was going on.:shrug01: I'm sure you run a good company and have great products,But when there is no info from a company that makes people fell like they are not important.:thumbsdown: I hope you get it all fixed.

jcb_njb 07-15-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrAdam's
Good Morning Corvette Florida Members

Sorry for the confusion and not living up to our free offer. Long story short, our systems crashed when a website slickdeals.net got a hold of our Free Offer and overwhelmed our site by jamming it with false addresses and contact information. Once we got our site back up, it was nearly impossible to determine which addresses were real and which were fake. Even though this event took place back in February, we are still trying to clean up this mess.

We would still like to live up to our offer. Please email me at brad@adamspolishes.com with your original order number, and we be sure to send then sample pack out to you.

Thanks for understanding on this matter, we had no idea our original offer would turn out like this.

Have a fantastic day

I have bought my first Adams products since the Free Product Offer. I have never been disappointed with the time it took to get the products. This incident was unforseen and could not be anticipated. But like Backyard said, it was that Adams seemed to disappear. Keep quality in your products and the good customer service and I will remain a customer.

BrAdam's 07-15-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backyard Mechanic
Sorry about your shipping problem.But what most of us we're upset about was'nt that we did'nt get the free sample but that we heard nothing about what was going on.:shrug01: I'm sure you run a good company and have great products,But when there is no info from a company that makes people fell like they are not important.:thumbsdown: I hope you get it all fixed.

Hi Backyard Mechanic

I understand what you are saying. Not hearing anything from the company about the issue at hand does make a person feel unimportant. I believe there was a post in the General Corvette Discussions forum a while back called "Adam's Free Sampler" and the question about "what happened?" was addressed. However, the details about what we were willing to do about this issue was not addressed until now.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, please send me your shipping info and we would be happy to send those samples out.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

Pres712 07-16-2007 11:17 AM

Losing faith

Never got mine either and they don't answer their e-mails. They have always donated "goodies" to our two events but so far no answers to my inquiries. Someone told me that they are not giving anything away anymore. I even asked when their demo/show was next year so we could attend - still no answer! I love their products but...........:banghead:

Rich427 07-16-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pres712
Never got mine either and they don't answer their e-mails. They have always donated "goodies" to our two events but so far no answers to my inquiries. Someone told me that they are not giving anything away anymore. I even asked when their demo/show was next year so we could attend - still no answer! I love their products but...........:banghead:

I believe that the email above from Brad at Adam's said to email him directly and he would take care of it for you. I am not sure exactly what happened but it appears that he is offering to fix the issue for you.

ynkedad 07-16-2007 06:37 PM

So....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backyard Mechanic

Why don't ya tell us what you really think!:hehehe: :lmao:

Maybe the power was shut off too?:hehehe: