The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Crappy weather.... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100568)

85vette 01-03-2014 04:11 PM

Yeah, it said 30* tonight but then they say 25* inland, 34* at the coast. At least the wind is a lot calmer.

http://gray.ftp.clickability.com/wct...cast2_full.jpg

Rich Z 01-03-2014 06:53 PM

It's kind of strange how that works around here. Although Crawfordville is further south than Tallahassee, it is also at a lower elevation. So since cold air is denser and heavier than warm air, which means it will run downhill, the temps here are often colder than they are north of us.

CHASZ51 01-04-2014 11:44 AM

About time we had some winter after the last 2 warm winters. I love this fast jet that crings us change every few days. Get ready for a real cold jolt this coming week.

Kap142 01-04-2014 12:05 PM

Andy can you get enough layers on to not be COLD in those temps?

Signed,

A born and raised Florida boy,
Ken:nonod:

Rich Z 01-04-2014 12:09 PM

Yeah, I see it. The forecast on my desktop is calling for a low of 21 Monday night and a low of 20 Tuesday night.

You know, I've never really understood people down here saying they love cold weather. If you want it, move to where it is, don't wish it on the rest of us that hate the crap. :thumbsdown:

Wish I could have afforded the land prices further south when we bought property here.

Mark Dalton 01-04-2014 12:50 PM

If I had wanted this cold weather, I would have stayed in Mich. I'm waaay too spoiled now to want to deal with this crap.:nonod:

navy2kcoupe 01-04-2014 06:37 PM

-2*F this morning when I got up. Ya don't stay outside very long in those temps!
The only thing that's a positive is that there is no wind today, so it's not too
bad as long as you keep active. Layers upon layers, hand warmers, boots 2 sizes
to large and enuf socks to take up the space, head socks, etc., etc., etc.
Take the precautions, don't stay outside too long, and listen to what your fingers
and toes are telling you, and it's do-able. Don't much like it, but it is what it is, and
hopefully we'll be outta here permanently sometime this year! :dancer01:
Andy :wavey:

Rich Z 01-04-2014 06:53 PM

Hah! I would only be in those temps long enough to get to the airport to get me the hell out of there to warmer latitudes!!

CHASZ51 01-05-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 185740)
Yeah, I see it. The forecast on my desktop is calling for a low of 21 Monday night and a low of 20 Tuesday night.

You know, I've never really understood people down here saying they love cold weather. If you want it, move to where it is, don't wish it on the rest of us that hate the crap. :thumbsdown:

Wish I could have afforded the land prices further south when we bought property here.

Don't get me wrong. I just love weather change in the winter, bring me heavy rain, then colder then warm it up and do it all over againe every few days. I just get sick of 20 days in a row of humid ,sunny weather in the winter.

I also don't like it getting colder than 45. I just love weather and like seeing change.

Rich Z 01-05-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASZ51 (Post 185756)
Don't get me wrong. I just love weather change in the winter, bring me heavy rain, then colder then warm it up and do it all over againe every few days. I just get sick of 20 days in a row of humid ,sunny weather in the winter.

I also don't like it getting colder than 45. I just love weather and like seeing change.

Yeah, I can relate to that. Actually I enjoy a good thunderstorm. Especially if I happen to be staying at the beach and watch it take place over the Gulf of Mexico. Thunderstorms viewed at a distance are impressive beasts.

But temps dropping down into the low 20s? I can live without that, thank you very much.