The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New member from st pete (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28007)

Shadow 03-13-2009 01:29 AM

Nice vid:thumbsup:

:welcome:to the site. We're a small but quality group of folks that happen to enjoy Florida and Corvettes all at the same time:thumbsup:

We've got a big BBQ/get together on Saturday in Auburndale. If you're interested we'd love to have you join us:thumbsup:

Here's a link: http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=26805

Enjoy the site and if you need anything, just ask.

Pres712 03-13-2009 06:13 AM

Welcome

It is hearting to see a younger Vette enthusiast come on board. I was 27 when I bought my first and here it is 42 years later and still going strong!!! This site is a good place to start but if you want to join other Corvette people a club is a good place to be. I started a Corvette club in Ohio in '67 and currently belong to one here in Clearwater. The Bay Area Corvette Club is the oldest, NCCC affiliated club in the area. We started in 1970, sponsored by Dimmitt Chevrolet and are the same today. We meet the second Thursday of every month (last nite) at Dimmitt. Visit our website and click on "calendar" for what is happening. www.baccvette.us . Our next event is a meet at One Buc Place for a tour, pictures and a lunch at Rick's on the River. Why not bring that good looking Vette to that event and meet some great people that all share one thing.....Corvette!!! :vette:

vettejack 03-13-2009 07:57 AM

Tell us your story!

I recall getting Vette fever at around 11 or 12 years old back Cincinnati way in the mid 60's. My neighbor had a Polo Green, Saddle interior coupe (a '64 or a '65, I can't recall) that I got rides in every once in awhile...then the hormones kicked in a year or so later and found out that this Corvette thing also had something to with attracting the ladies. :hehehe:

So, at 23, and with a short story, how did you come about being interested in the Vette and how you got yourself into a C6 (not being a cheap car, you must have saved your pennies)??!! :dancer01:

Rich427 03-13-2009 09:23 AM

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

sonofavette07c6 03-13-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasajack (Post 85099)

So, at 23, and with a short story, how did you come about being interested in the Vette and how you got yourself into a C6 (not being a cheap car, you must have saved your pennies)??!! :dancer01:

well I have loved the corvettes since i was 16 but could never afford one. not only that but my dad said it was too much car for a teenager and yea i agree. I got into Law enforcement at age 19, great career i love it. My parents were nice enough to let me stay at home till i feel i have enough money to comfortably move out. with no bills and a ton of cash saved I went to the dealer and found a used vette i was able to get them to 36,589 out the door. I payed cash it was kind of cool paying cash they all looked at me like huh??? the vette is a 07 Z51 fully loaded with nav and everything. .............and then i moved out into an apartment with a garage.

floridaZ 03-13-2009 01:38 PM

I call BS, we all know it is physically impossible for anyone under 25 to own a Vette. The sun would explode.

Welcome to the forum man.:lmao:

LS2POWA 03-13-2009 02:43 PM

I bought mine when I was 24 sucka.

Don't be harassing us youngins

Z06 Rocket 03-13-2009 05:01 PM

I was 23 years old when I bought my first Vette. I had a company car to drive every day so I saved for a year to by the Vette. It was a clean 4 year old C4 that I loved. I bought an 04 Z06 3 years ago sold the C4 cuz the wife didn't think I should have 2 Vettes in the garage. I couldn't argue so I let her go. ( The C4 Vette not the wife :lmao: )

MRS. XTREME 03-13-2009 05:45 PM

Yeah I know a bunch of "youngins" ( under age 30) who have Vettes...most are in the military and just get paid well !!

Ohhh the life of luxury :toetap05:

Mannings 03-13-2009 07:30 PM

:D welcome