The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What do you all do for a living? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1350)

JIM KILL 12-06-2006 08:30 AM

Electrical Consultant

Own a Consulting Engineering Firm in Tampa....Electrical Engineering.
Designing Commercial, Industrial, Educational, Medical, Condominiums and lots of other stuff.
http://www.cegtampa.com/

kwvette 12-06-2006 08:58 AM

kwvette

Well, I'm in the insurance business in the Keys and just purchased my first vette. I'm actually retired from the carrier side of the business and now just a simple agent and a lot happier too. The car's great with the only problem being I have to drive to the mainland to find a long strip of pavement.:banghead:

JIM KILL 12-06-2006 09:53 AM

Key West

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwvette
Well, I'm in the insurance business in the Keys and just purchased my first vette. I'm actually retired from the carrier side of the business and now just a simple agent and a lot happier too. The car's great with the only problem being I have to drive to the mainland to find a long strip of pavement.:banghead:

I designed the new RonJon building down there a few months ago..I am due to go back in January...Maybe we can hook-up down there. Will send you a "PM" in January.

jcb_njb 12-06-2006 10:21 AM

I am a telecommunications engineer. I work with cellphone providers to determine their equipment needs. 28 years with BellSouth and now with Nortel 9 years.

Mekanic 12-06-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86DSOMVERT
(Hopefully)Starting in January a FFL Licensee catering to Law Enforcement/Security and CWL Licensees in Florida for now, but branching out to Georgia later on. (Getting sick of Florida) Pending the mountain of paperwork gets approved.... :toetap05:

Jack of all trades master of none

Oh my C4 brother! I've been looking for a reliable and reasonably priced FFL :D

als2052 12-06-2006 11:37 AM

Construction Engineer working for consultant in SW Fla. Been in the engineering business 36 years. Started as a civil draftsman.

tv_dir 12-06-2006 11:48 AM

As my avatar might indicate........ I'm a television director/ production manager at WPTV (NBC) in West Palm Beach. Florida's #1 rated television station:thumbsup: Been at the same station for almost 20 years.

--Mike--

Gannet 12-06-2006 01:16 PM

Computer programmer for the local electric company.

I've done a lot of other things in the past, including about 10 years as a proving ground test engineer for GM. That was fun. :D

86DSOMVERT 12-06-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwvette

I'm going to be down there sometime in January. Hooking up with the Pres of the Corvette Club I'm in down there, to go cruising and general tom foolery. She's not due back till January and last recent trip down we took our Impala instead of the Vette. Glad I did I would have froze my butt off. Hopefully we can hook up and go cruising.

86DSOMVERT 12-06-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mekanic
Oh my C4 brother! I've been looking for a reliable and reasonably priced FFL :D

To my C4 and Corvette Brothers/Sisters

$15.00 Transfer Fee + $5.00 NICS Check

NRA Members receive 10% off Pre-Tax purchase showing a valid NRA Membership Card...

5% off Additional for mentioning corvetteflorida.com

Active and Retired Law Enforcement 15% off

Due to my location and ATF/State Background checks it would be advisable to have a Concealed Weapons Permit so you can do the paperwork and leave with your purchase the same day. A trip from down south twice to Ocala would suck:ack2: .

Opening in Mid to Late January 2007. Can't even give prices yet till the inspection comes through, and some of you know how those Federal types are!!! :D I'm only doing a niche market with CWL, security, LEOs and occasional transfers. So look me up or give me a call after the new year. I will not be stocking much as I'm running it on the internet and can't have heavy foot traffic in my neighborhood. So you'll have to know what you want unless it's Glock then I most likely will have those in stock G17, G19, G26, G37.

352-351-8171

Nathan