The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Paint & Body Work Forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Had a slight mishap (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15188)

Lady N 04-18-2008 02:41 PM

> check the folks at corvette shops and suplpy in tampa ,and b-4 you take it to anyone check out their work . also a key here is if you want it in a hurry it problably wont get done right.

navy2kcoupe 04-18-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap142 (Post 57285)
:banghead:Wellllllll, :banghead: I was leaving a new Chili's and had to make a U turn around a divider and hit something slick. Back end came around, I corrected and into a chain link fence. Happened faster then a fart after chips and caso.:eek:

Est was done today and I'll have it tomorrow. Damage was not :ack2:too :ack2: bad but Infinity is going to replace all the front bright work:thumbsup:, grills:thumbsup: and all and the lower glass too. :thumbsup: The car will be repainted all the way back to the front doors if they can match the paint or the entire car if they can't.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

So we shall see. and yes Andy you did hear a distinct "Aw S*it". :shrug01:

A local shop had been recommended who specialize in classics. I'll talk to them tomorrow

I KNEW I heard that! Hey, it'll be better than new when you get it back. Probably smelled worse than after chips and caso inside "Goldie" just after the AW $H!T! Good luck with the repairs.......let us know how she turns out, and pix would be nice. Some of us who are forced to live "out of the area" only have the pictures to help them thru the times when we're not "local".
Andy :wavey:

9T8Vette 04-19-2008 03:04 PM

Sorry to hear your baby took a hit:banghead:.Hope everything works out for you:yesnod:

juke3w1 04-19-2008 10:49 PM

Man Ken sorry to hear. Who is doing the repair? Anything I can do to help let me know ok. Fred

gmjunkie 04-20-2008 08:24 AM

Man,I just saw this thread, Sorry to hear about your Mishap,but look at the bright side No One was hurt!!And thats a Good thing!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by fletcher4u (Post 57325)
:eek: At lest you didn't shoot her like Junk did :ack2:

:lmao::lmao:Damn Fletch,you don't have to tell everything you know!!!:rofl1: :D:D:D

Kap142 04-20-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427 (Post 57362)
Hey Ken,

Sorry to hear about the situation. Just be careful with the paint. Speaking from experience, golds are very difficult to match. So make sure that you look at it out in the bright sun light. That will give you the best light to make sure that everything matches. Good luck!

Rich

Good advise, no doubt. My intent is to pick up the car on a bright sunny day and take at least one sharp observer with me. The amount that the insurance is paying for the repairs, to me, equals my receiving a concourse car back. All front end bright work will be new and all removed/replaced bright work is being returned to me also.

A few other positives I perceive are: I personally know and have known the owner of the shop through his brother (a fellow officer) for years, The dude doing the actually work is an old dude (like us) and works on nothing but the classics. The shop has been in business for years and has never changed ownership. The guy that did the in site inspection of the car had a deep knowledge of old vettes and we discussed paint repeatedly....so maybe! And the final fact the insurance check comes to me. Until I'm satisfied the shop gets nothing

Kap142 04-20-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juke3w1 (Post 57430)
Man Ken sorry to hear. Who is doing the repair? Anything I can do to help let me know ok. Fred

Thanks Fred. PM is on it's way

juke3w1 04-20-2008 07:54 PM

Guys, the shop he's using is 1st class belive me. His baby is in good hands.
I know Ken, you can't stop the nerve jitters just hang in there.

ynkedad 04-21-2008 08:24 AM

Wow Ken, sorry this happened to you.

Thank God you guys are alright!!!:thumbsup:

navy2kcoupe 05-05-2008 09:20 PM

Hey Ken........how's "Goldie" doing? Did ya get her back yet? Give us all an update! Is she gonna make it to Steak-Out '08 this Friday?
Andy :wavey: