The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest Florida Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2009 National Corvette Caravan To Bowling Green (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1919)

Captain EZ 07-13-2007 02:26 PM

Good question! Usually it is 1 year in advance, but I am currently checking in to it, and will let you know as soon as I find out.

EZ

2Vettes 07-13-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain EZ
Good question! Usually it is 1 year in advance, but I am currently checking in to it, and will let you know as soon as I find out.
EZ

:yesnod: What he said :D

Captain EZ 07-16-2007 08:29 AM

Here's the info on motel reservations!

Hotels will not take reservations till 365 days out. Some ARE accepting requests to be on the waiting list to block a group of rooms. Most people who try to get reservations as we get to that 1 year mark will be told by the hotels that they are fully blocked or booked. Blocked does not mean sold out. All hotels have a date for these events (usually 3 o 8 weeks out) when you have to have a charge card reserving each room or the balance of the block goes back into the general pool. So we will be encouraging people to get on the waiting list of hotels they really want hope to get into.

SteveK 07-16-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain EZ
Hotels will not take reservations till 365 days out. Some ARE accepting requests to be on the waiting list to block a group of rooms. Most people who try to get reservations as we get to that 1 year mark will be told by the hotels that they are fully blocked or booked. Blocked does not mean sold out. All hotels have a date for these events (usually 3 o 8 weeks out) when you have to have a charge card reserving each room or the balance of the block goes back into the general pool. So we will be encouraging people to get on the waiting list of hotels they really want hope to get into.

I have never been on one of the caravans, but look forward to the 2009 caravan.
I thought that the Captian selected and arranged for hotels along the way.
Am I mistaken? Or is it just along the way and not the final destination? :shrug01:

Captain EZ 07-16-2007 09:48 AM

We will plan for overnight stops to be in locations that have (hopefully) enough rooms for all of us. We will get blocks of rooms, and let you know what motels are participating, and what other motels are near by. It will be up to the individual to make their own reservations.

The motels in Bowling Green are expected to be completely booked up very early. There are many other motels along the interstate that are very convenient to the NCM. You will be advised of all motels, locations, phone numbers, etc. This is currently being worked on.

The previous email was directly from the NCM.

EZ

als2052 07-26-2007 01:44 PM

Registration Now Open

2009 Caravan registration is now officially open!

To access registration, go to the NCM web site

www.corvettemuseum.com

Go to the EVENTS drop down menu, and click on 2009 National Corvette Caravan.

At the bottom of page you will find the link.

Process is quite painless - registered

als2052 07-26-2007 08:41 PM

SWFCC Club Members Registered So Far:

als2052
jcb_njb
2Vettes

Will add on to list as more come forward...

Rich427 07-27-2007 11:07 AM

Armando, I signed up! I should be a member of your club by then assuming you take my money!

Electra 07-27-2007 11:55 AM

Rich, the Naples club will be more than happy to take your money!

als2052 07-27-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427
Armando, I signed up! I should be a member of your club by then assuming you take my money!

Personally I feel the money is secondary. Its the good people like you that our club is most interested in.