The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71)

gsjack 04-26-2006 12:04 AM

Welcome to the site Zach and good luck on your hunt for a Z.:yesnod:

Jack

MADN3SS 04-26-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach
Treating myself to a nice birthday present...and higher insurance! :willy_nilly: :icon_cheers:

Zach, believe it or not, the insurance on my Z is less than it was for my 98 Camaro SS! Several hundred dollars less!

Zach 04-26-2006 09:29 AM

Madness! The most I've paid on insurance has been on my Civic!

Rich Z 04-26-2006 12:16 PM

I think I'm paying about $1,000 per year. What are the rest of you all paying for insurance?

Zach 04-26-2006 12:42 PM

I'll probably end up paying a bit more than I am paying now on the TT. Right now I'm sitting at $2,200/yr, so possibly $2,500.

MADN3SS 04-26-2006 01:09 PM

I'm paying $1054 a year for my Z. It is my daily driver and I'm putting 12-14k miles a year on it.

Rich Z 04-26-2006 01:21 PM

Well I doubt I'll put very many miles on mine per year. I work out of my home for my business, so I don't have a daily commute to deal with. But I expect the first couple of years will have me putting more mileage on the Z then the other vehicles as I just prefer driving it. Which shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone, I would imagine!

My poor Jeep Wrangler feels neglected. But then again, I only put about 1200 miles on it last year anyway. My insurance company keeps sending us requests for mileage on the vehicles because I guess they don't believe how little we drive. The wife and I have 4 vehicles, so what little driving we do is spread out over those vehicles.

Zach 04-26-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well I doubt I'll put very many miles on mine per year. I work out of my home for my business, so I don't have a daily commute to deal with. But I expect the first couple of years will have me putting more mileage on the Z then the other vehicles as I just prefer driving it. Which shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone, I would imagine!

My poor Jeep Wrangler feels neglected. But then again, I only put about 1200 miles on it last year anyway. My insurance company keeps sending us requests for mileage on the vehicles because I guess they don't believe how little we drive. The wife and I have 4 vehicles, so what little driving we do is spread out over those vehicles.

Age is the biggest factor for me, I'm the youngest member of the Z06 community :hide:

Rich Z 04-26-2006 01:43 PM

How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

I don't see that as any drawback. Heck, I am kicking myself SOUNDLY for not getting a vette a long time ago. I really just never considered it for some reason which escapes me right now. When I bought my Grand Prix with all of the options (454 cube engine, etc) I am certain that a Corvette wouldn't have been that much more expensive. But the idea just never happened to cross my mind.

So hell, be GLAD you are doing this now, because I think it is great you are doing so. Just be careful and don't let the exuberance of youth get you killed. :ack2:

Zach 04-26-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

I don't see that as any drawback. Heck, I am kicking myself SOUNDLY for not getting a vette a long time ago. I really just never considered it for some reason which escapes me right now. When I bought my Grand Prix with all of the options (454 cube engine, etc) I am certain that a Corvette wouldn't have been that much more expensive. But the idea just never happened to cross my mind.

So hell, be GLAD you are doing this now, because I think it is great you are doing so. Just be careful and don't let the exuberance of youth get you killed. :ack2:

I PM'ed you...usually don't say on websites since most people group you into the whole young, reckless, and stupid crowd :itsok: (I'm two of those, but mainly on the autocross track :wave:)