The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Clubs and Organizations (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Corvette Club members? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134)

Rich427 05-16-2006 05:19 PM

No, not a member of a Florida club just yet. I just built a home in Ft. Myers and will be relocating there from Maryland towards the end of next year.

I just found this forum, so I thought this might be a way to start the process of looking at clubs in SW Florida.

My wife and I have owned at least one Vette for the last 17 years and have been very active in a local NCCC club. We will be very interested in a club in the Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, or Naples area that enjoys this hobby and likes to socialize.

pewter99 05-17-2006 05:32 PM

No Clubs ...but I have been known to associate with members of one or two ;)

16again 05-18-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pewter99
No Clubs ...but I have been known to associate with members of one or two ;)

Those poor members. :lmao:

IVOZ06 05-18-2006 06:14 PM

No touching of members!:NoNo:

pewter99 05-19-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IVOZ06
No touching of members!:NoNo:

:sneaky:

3318C5 05-20-2006 06:35 AM

Yes, a local Muscle car club, not vette exclusive. A group of friends actually started this up about two years ago, so we are a close group. We started with 5 cars and have about 15 members. :thumbsup:

Mike

Formula Outlaw 05-31-2006 10:20 PM

Joined VeniceFloridaCorvettes about five months ago. HATE the color of their shirts, WON'T wear it.....seems to be an active club....have met some very nice people in the club.

It's too bad the shirts are tangarine yellow.....:ack2: :ack2:

9T8Vette 05-31-2006 10:51 PM

Sorry Guys no club for me . I know without clubs there would be alot less shows . I just have too many hands in the fire for a club.:nopity: I was in a Van club for a few years, Back in the Day.I think i still have the Club t-shirt and licence plate:rofl1: BTW Formula outlaw the T-shirts were Black :hehehe:

Shadow 05-31-2006 11:40 PM

Tampa Bay Vettes and a local F-body club (www.FLCFA.Net), the Florida Camaro and Firebird Assn., that I started along with some friends about 2 years ago. We split from another group and formed our own. Now about 25 members strong.

Also a 4WD group (Suncoast Flatlanders).

Rich Z 06-01-2006 01:44 AM

Man, when I first got my Jeep Wrangler, I used to drool over stories of 4-wheelin in Baja and on the Rubicon trail. Here in Florida you are pretty much limited to a natural landscape fitting for mudbogging and little else. Some of the old strip mining areas do give you more vertical terrain to negotiate, I guess.

Before the Jeep I had a full sized Bronco. Spend many a day up on the New Jersey Pine Barrens in that thing when I lived in Maryland. That was a real fun place to kick around in. Within close proximity to very high density population areas, yet you could go all day without seeing another soul there. Two things I found as a necessity when going into the Pine Barrens: (1) a full tank of gasoline, and (2) a compass. That was back before the days when cell phones and GPS units were available to us common folks....