The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Two C3's = no wave (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1269)

ynkedad 03-11-2007 09:14 AM

Sorry for the RANT.

You all may have read a post I did where I replied to a thread concerning "the wave". I said something like..maybe some Vette owners don't know about the wave thing, or didn't see you waving etc..

Anyway, The whole reason for my rant was that this guy, as I mentioned earlier on this thread, has repeatedly not waved and this time he was looking right at me!
My point is...by now he has more than likely been waved at enough by other Vetter's, to get the idea that maybe there's something to this wave thing.
Besides, It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why it is all of these people in Vettes are waving.:shrug01: Nor does it hurt to wave back at another friendly driver.
Oh well, Not to worry :NoNo: , I'll ALWAYS wave at other Vettes passing by:wavey: .
I figure...one day while they're replacing a broken hip on him, they'll remove the stick in his A$$ while he's on the table, and then he'll wave back!:lmao:

~Ray

SteveK 03-11-2007 09:22 AM

I think his X-wife left him for a guy in a Vette and he doesn't know which one. The reason for not waving is that he is afraid it is the guy trying to bring his wife back. :lmao: :lmao:

OK, maybe not, it is probably the stick. :lmao: :lmao:

Oh, maybe he only has 1 arm???? :rofl1: :D

ynkedad 03-11-2007 09:27 AM

Now....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveK
I think his X-wife left him for a guy in a Vette and he doesn't know which one. The reason for not waving is that he is afraid it is the guy trying to bring his wife back. :lmao: :lmao:

Oh, maybe he only has 1 arm???? :rofl1: :D

That's Funny!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rofl1:

navy2kcoupe 03-11-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASZ51
Took a trip to Tampa today, saw a nice polo green C4, the guy never even looked my way. Then on the way back a well worn white C4 was beside me and no wave from him.

Some days i get alot of waves and some other days zero!

Chas

OK, so today I went up RT-19:eek: to Spring Hill and back. Counted 12 Vettes the entire trip, and waved at every one. C4's, C5's, &C6's. Got 4 return waves. Not too good:nonod: ! But I was watching as best as I could, and in every case where I didn't get a wave, the driver was obviously doing something else and paying no attention to the other side (my side) of the road:thumbsdown: . Don't know if they were lookin at maps, fumbling with the radio, playing with the MP3 player, flippin thru the DIC, or what, but they were busy elsewhere! Don't know what it means, it's just my 2 cents worth.
Andy:wavey:

ynkedad 03-11-2007 09:53 PM

Here ya go...

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :thumbsup:

navy2kcoupe 03-11-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :thumbsup:

Thanks Ray! I guess that we can always count on you to give us a wave back. :hehehe:
Andy

ynkedad 03-11-2007 10:09 PM

I've Got your back!

:thumbsup:

vettejack 06-13-2007 01:10 PM

The Wave...

:shrug01: not the stadium kind mind u but just the same...not everyone does it. I find that most who do not are simply paying attention to their driving...making sure some yahoo in a Yugo or other foreign POS's dosen't go stupid on them. Last thing I would want is to trade paint with JapCrap...which makes me extra vigilant on the road in any of my Vettes'. :eek:

I even go as far and wave to any and all police and firemen...to let them know that they are appreciated...and only when I'm in one of my Vettes. :wavey:

They, and this is my assumption only, tend to appreciate the 'wave' coming from Vette owners. I've been stopped and thanked for it! Pretty damn cool. :thumbsup: