The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest Florida Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Who's Going To The Gator Hammock Wild Pig & Pepper Jam (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512)

als2052 12-23-2006 08:20 PM

Who's Going To The Gator Hammock Wild Pig & Pepper Jam

Ok, I know it is not a Corvette event but this club likes to eat, so If you are interested it is on January 1, 2007 in Felda which is on SR 29 between Labelle and Immokalee. All day affair sanctioned by BBQ associations around the country. See ya there.

Links:
http://www.gatorhammock.com/pigroast...roast2007.html
http://www.gatorhammock.com/pigroast2007/schedule.html

:party: :party: :party:

2Vettes 12-23-2006 08:52 PM

We always miss that and then see it on TV later! Maybe this year we'll go. Where exactly is it?

ynkedad 12-23-2006 09:30 PM

WTF..

Is that?:lmao: The only thing that comes to my mind is Deliverance!
Just teasing! would like more info as well.:thumbsup:

Gannet 12-24-2006 08:03 AM

I was looking for someplce to go on New Year's Day. THIS IS IT! Thanks for the heads-up!

Shadow 12-24-2006 09:25 AM

If I can talk the wife into it, we'll be there!

Shadow 12-24-2006 09:27 AM

Here's a MAP QUEST link for you:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=fl&zipcode=

From 75 looks like a sweet ride....80 east to 29 and straight south!

Been here all my life and roamed all over between Tampa and S. Fla and NEVER heard of that place!! I gotta go just to see where it is:yesnod:

thebeepster 12-24-2006 09:34 AM

Neat idea!!! I'd like to get more info, is there a website?:crazy03:

Gannet 12-24-2006 09:56 AM

I put some links in a post here.

2Vettes 12-24-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannet
I put some links in a post here.

Thanks Gannet:thumbsup: We usually catch it on the Food Channel after the fact. I'm thinking this year we'll catch it first hand!!

2Vettes 12-24-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Here's a MAP QUEST link for you:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=fl&zipcode=

From 75 looks like a sweet ride....80 east to 29 and straight south!

Been here all my life and roamed all over between Tampa and S. Fla and NEVER heard of that place!! I gotta go just to see where it is:yesnod:

Thanks Gordon. From Lehigh it's 82 to 29 then north. I can handle that :thumbsup:

2Vettes 12-24-2006 10:03 AM

Armando
Have you sent this info to the club?? Some of them may have something they'd like to do on New Years Day!

als2052 12-25-2006 10:07 AM

Would be great for a caravan of vettes to go together. TBV may be coming down with some cars. Maybe a couple of staging points would be appropriate if enough people are going. For those in the Fort Myers/Lehigh Acres a good spot would be the Winn Dixie on SR 29 and SR 80A (Cowboy Way) @ 10-10:30AM to get there shortly after 11 AM. All depends on the response we get.

:thumbsup:

2Vettes 12-25-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052
Would be great for a caravan of vettes to go together. TBV may be coming down with some cars. Maybe a couple of staging points would be appropriate if enough people are going. For those in the Fort Myers/Lehigh Acres a good spot would be the Winn Dixie on SR 29 and SR 80A (Cowboy Way) @ 10-10:30AM to get there shortly after 11 AM. All depends on the response we get.

We'll have to make some plans during this coming week. :yesnod:

Electra 12-26-2006 08:26 AM

Armando, thanks for the heads up. I've been too busy lately to check what's been happening online. Weather permitting, we'll be there! What a great way to start the New Year by seeing old Corvette friends!

Electra 12-26-2006 08:27 AM

Linda, keep me posted. We haven't caravanned anywhere in a while. Sounds like a great idea to me!

2Vettes 12-26-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

My husband knows the folks there and spoke with them today. He says if we let them know how many vettes will be coming they'll have a place for us to park together inside the area. Sounds good to me! Figure maybe 10-15vettes?

2Vettes 12-26-2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra
Linda, keep me posted. We haven't caravanned anywhere in a while. Sounds like a great idea to me!

Hey Barb, missed you lately
Robert and I plan to go. Rich and Joyce will still be here and will also drive their vette that day. Should be fun!!

kwvette 12-27-2006 09:05 AM

Pig & Pepper Jam

I'll be in town on business the week of 1/1 so I may run by. Don't know if I'll be in the vette or the explorer as I'm hunting that weekend also. Not sure if I can see over the hog strapped on the hood of the vette............:ack2:
KWVETTE

Electra 12-27-2006 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes
My husband knows the folks there and spoke with them today. He says if we let them know how many vettes will be coming they'll have a place for us to park together inside the area. Sounds good to me! Figure maybe 10-15vettes?

Linda, also include one Jag in the count -- Ben & Millie will be attending!

als2052 12-27-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannet
I was looking for someplce to go on New Year's Day. THIS IS IT! Thanks for the heads-up!

So far there are 5-6 cars from our club going. Do you know the number from your area. We may be able to park in one designated place if we have an early count. Please advise.

Electra 12-27-2006 05:29 PM

Count on 3 cars for me (this includes rich427).

2Vettes 12-27-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

So far there are 5-6 cars from our club going. Do you know the number from your area. We may be able to park in one designated place if we have an early count. Please advise.

This is the latest post to my note from Gannet:
My guesstimate, and it is only that, would be 3-6 cars. There have been a few responses to the various posts, but not many. thebeepster's, above, is the only firm one I have, other than myself. OTOH, there are often folks who see Internet postings and just show up.
Unfortunately, the weather forecast as of this morning doesn't look too good. I take heart in the fact that this far out they are usually wrong. We'll see.

It's a little hard to keep track of this topic when it's on 2 threads.

als2052 12-28-2006 11:10 AM

ROLL CALL!

Who's in - Who's out

Does everyone know where they are meeting to caravan @ points north and south.

Since this is where this thread originated, I am trieing to herd all the lost doggies back here.

susanburch 12-28-2006 11:33 AM

Gator Hammock

Armando -

Skip and I would like to go - where are we meeting and what time???

Susan

als2052 12-28-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanburch
Armando -

Skip and I would like to go - where are we meeting and what time???

Susan

:welcome: to our site. I responded to your email just minutes ago.

Electra 12-28-2006 04:34 PM

Armando, where is the caravan meeting and what time?

als2052 12-28-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra
Armando, where is the caravan meeting and what time?

As of right now, the meeting place will be the Winn Dixie parking lot on SR 29 and CR 80A (Cowboy Way) between 10-10:30Am. From there we will caravan to the event which starts @ 11 AM. I will try to firm things up by end of tomorrow and will post both here, the CF and will email all that I know are going from our group including you and Andy.

Stay tuned...:bigear:

als2052 12-28-2006 04:42 PM

Folks,

I am doing my best not to leave anyone behind. :ack2:

If I miss someone, please fill in the pieces for me.

als2052 12-28-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

ROLL CALL!

Who's in - Who's out

Does everyone know where they are meeting to caravan @ points north and south.

Since this is where this thread originated, I am trieing to herd all the lost doggies back here.

So far: Dom/Joanne, Linda/Robert, Bev, Andy/Barb, Armando/Karen, Sue/Skip, Judy/Bill + TBV (who I have not heard back from:toetap05: )

Will add to list if anymore join in.

2Vettes 12-28-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

So far: Dom/Joanne, Linda/Robert, Bev, Andy/Barb, Armando/Karen, Sue/Skip, Judy/Bill + TBV (who I have not heard back from:toetap05: )
Will add to list if anymore join in.

The folks at the event that have the places for us to park would like us there about 1130. Also, if you are interested you are encouraged to bring some canned goods for the Harry Chapin Food Bank. I didn't think that would be a problem...we love to donate to good causes!
I'm going to post this in the Events thread also

als2052 12-28-2006 08:14 PM

Latest Weather Forecast

F L A S H !!

WINK News is forecasting threat of rain for Tuesday so we may be in luck.

Stay tuned...

:party: :party: :party:

als2052 12-29-2006 12:34 PM

We will be meeting Monday, January 1, 2007 between 10:30AM and 11:00AM @ Winn Dixie parking lot at the NW corner of SR 29 & CR 80A (Cowboy Way) in Labelle. The event organizers will be providing us our own parking area thanks to the Duschl's and they are asking for contibutions of canned goods for the Harry Chapin food bank. We may also have some members from Tampa Bay Vettes joining us as well as some stragglers. We are expecting 10-15 Corvettes at this time.

The weather looks like it may not be a factor at this time which is good given that the event is outdoors. So shine up your ponies and bring a good appetite.

Speciall Thanks to Dom, Linda & Robert for their assistance with the logistics.

:grd:

JdynBll 12-30-2006 09:11 PM

I haven't seen any replies from Vettes on the Gulf. Has anyone notified them of this site????? or this event?????

Gannet 12-30-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

We will be meeting Monday, January 1, 2007 between 10:30AM and 11:00AM @ Winn Dixie parking lot at the NW corner of SR 29 & CR 80A (Cowboy Way) in Labelle.

If we come the back way, which would be my preference, I doubt if we'll hit Labelle quite by 11. It's 130 miles on the route I have plotted. We'll try and hook up with you at Felda, but if we don't end up parking together, no big deal.

Thanks for trying to arrange things. :D :thumbsup:

2Vettes 12-30-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JdynBll
I haven't seen any replies from Vettes on the Gulf. Has anyone notified them of this site????? or this event?????

I know Barb and Andy Fulton know about it. She's Electra on this forum and they are going.

JdynBll 12-31-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes
I know Barb and Andy Fulton know about it. She's Electra on this forum and they are going.

I know its late but I have contacted their president and he will forward this information to their membership.

2Vettes 01-01-2007 08:29 AM

Looks like the Tampa contingent got rained out. Copied from the Tampa Bay thread:
Originally Posted by thebeepster
It's New Year's Day and pouring (in Tampa Bay). Gannett and I just agreed to scrub our 2 car caravan to the Gator Hammock Wild Pig thing. Hope the weatherman smiles on you guys further south so that you can go...let us know how it goes. Maybe we can hook up with you guys on the next event!

als2052 01-01-2007 03:01 PM

R E C A P

We had a great turnout at the Gator Hammock Wild Pig & Pepper Jam. Thirteen cars attended (including Mellow Yellow from Naples and Rich 427 from Maryland). The BBQ was exceptional as was the crowd.

A big thank you to all that attended and a special thanks to Robert & Linda for getting us the parking spaces. Congrats to the DiBattista's on their new ride.

Pictures should be forthcoming from our "official" club photogs (Bev & Linda).

Until we meet again @ the next caravan, Happy New Years to all.