The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest Florida Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   SWFCC Members Check In (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1191)

als2052 11-20-2006 10:03 PM

SWFCC Members Check In

Have you signed up?. If you have not, what are your waiting for? Please do so and say hi to your fellow members.

This area was designed specifically for us.

What would you want to do and see here?

Post your thoughts and ideas.

As your Moderator, I will always make sure that our site is always up to date, friendly and informative.

:)

01 MAG RED 11-22-2006 08:16 PM

just a note to let you know I got here
Dom

2Vettes 11-22-2006 09:15 PM

Hi Dom and :welcome:
It's Linda. Why not jump up to the top of the board and introduce yourself to the rest of the members here??
Glad to see you posting!!

als2052 11-29-2006 01:01 PM

Three out of forty some members - not looking good.

:banghead: :toetap05: :banghead: :toetap05: :banghead:

2Vettes 11-29-2006 07:49 PM

I'm not even going to say I told you so....:shrug01:
Are you going to the show this Sunday in Fort Myers?
We'll have to put a notice here on the main board before the Edison Festival show in February so some of the local forum folks that aren't members of our club can show their cars if they want. When we get the flyers from the committee we should scan one and post it, ok?

01 MAG RED 11-29-2006 08:47 PM

Hi Linda
Armando was waiting for the flyer to post.
I'm thinking we should mention it now without the flyer, just to let people know it's coming. we could also block the date out on thew calendar.Illl pm Armando & see what he thinks. Your input would be appreciated

Dom

Rich427 11-29-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052
Three out of forty some members - not looking good.

:banghead: :toetap05: :banghead: :toetap05: :banghead:

Well Armando, I am not a member, yet, but keep the faith! At least Linda and I are looking at your posts!

01 MAG RED 11-29-2006 08:56 PM

Hi Linda
Armando was waiting for the flyer to post.
I'm thinking we should mention it now without the flyer, just to let people know it's coming. we could also block the date out on the calendar.Illl pm Armando & see what he thinks. Your input would be appreciated

Dom

2Vettes 11-29-2006 09:56 PM

Nice to see you here Rich!
Dom, yes I think it should be posted on the calendar for sure. Great idea!

als2052 11-30-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes
I'm not even going to say I told you so....:shrug01:
Are you going to the show this Sunday in Fort Myers?
We'll have to put a notice here on the main board before the Edison Festival show in February so some of the local forum folks that aren't members of our club can show their cars if they want. When we get the flyers from the committee we should scan one and post it, ok?

I am not sure about Sunday. All depends on how much trouble I get in on Saturday night.:crazy03:

As for the festival notice, I am all for it. Like I explained to Dom, not knowing all the details, I was waiting for the flyer so that I knew what to post. If all the info is available now, by all means lets put in on the calendar (Dom), here (either of us) and the CF (I can do that) and anywhere else where it is applicable.

2Vettes 11-30-2006 08:21 PM

Have fun Saturday night. Hopefully, they will get the flyer out soon so we can get the event advertised!

vert_vette 12-03-2006 10:41 AM

just joined......hello!

2Vettes 12-03-2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vert_vette
just joined......hello!

Hi again. I responded to your post in the welcome section! Nice to see another member of the forum from the SW Fl area. Are you a member of any of the clubs down here? I don't recognize your vette from your avatar.

vert_vette 12-03-2006 04:11 PM

I'm not a mamber of any club, but I have attended a few drives and lunches

als2052 12-03-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes
Have fun Saturday night. Hopefully, they will get the flyer out soon so we can get the event advertised!

Flyer is posted here as well as the CF

Beverly Dobbins 12-05-2006 07:03 AM

Just wanted to say I FINALLY made it! I said Sat. night I couldn't figure out how to get in. Can't help it if I'm slow::shrug01:

2Vettes 12-05-2006 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverly Dobbins
Just wanted to say I FINALLY made it! I said Sat. night I couldn't figure out how to get in. Can't help it if I'm slow::shrug01:

Hey Bev! Hi and :welcome: It's Linda!!
Glad you got online here. Why not jump up to eht Welcome Room at the top of the forum and place a note there saying hi to everyone?? You'll get all sorts of welcomes from the folks on the forum. Nice group of people :yesnod:

75survivor 12-06-2006 10:22 PM

I finally had a chance to register! Whew!

Thanks to everyone who came to my group's concert! Wow!

In the next couple of weeks, I will try to update the club's website. I'lll let you all know when that happens!

2Vettes 12-07-2006 06:12 AM

Hey Marc, I left a note on your reply to my post about when folks bought their first vette. Welcome, glad you're here!!

als2052 12-07-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75survivor
I finally had a chance to register! Whew!

Thanks to everyone who came to my group's concert! Wow!

In the next couple of weeks, I will try to update the club's website. I'lll let you all know when that happens!

Glad to see you make it Mark. Good Luck with website.:welcome:

NOW...where are the rest of you SWFCC people???:banghead: :banghead:

JdynBll 12-07-2006 09:05 PM

Well after two weeks, we received our confirmation and we are now on line.
Judy & Bill

JdynBll 12-07-2006 09:16 PM

:shrug01: By the way, there are a lot of us out here that are not reeeeeaaaaalllll pc savvy, so I had a hard time navigating. It may take awhile for the rest of the group to catch up.

2Vettes 12-07-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JdynBll
By the way, there are a lot of us out here that are reeeeeaaaaalllll pc savvy, so I had a hard time navigating. It may take awhile for the rest of the group to catch up.

Hi guys, it's Linda! Welcome to the site. When you get a chance, scroll up to the top of the forum to the Welcome Room and introduce yourselves to the members. You'll get lots of warm welcomes from a very nice group of Florida corvette owners :yesnod:

2Vettes 12-07-2006 09:42 PM

Sorry, i hit the send key twice...

JdynBll 12-11-2006 10:33 PM

;) thanks for the info. HOpe you get to come to a meeting soon, we need to discuss this venue. It can be fun, but we need advice from people who know how to take best advantage of it.

JdynBll 12-11-2006 10:40 PM

Didn't want you to think that we didn't see your posting. We're here and you and Joan did a stupendous job on our Sunday outing. The rehap center staff and patients were delighted and we all went home with a great holiday feeling. thanks to both of you. Bill & Judy

als2052 12-13-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

;) thanks for the info. HOpe you get to come to a meeting soon, we need to discuss this venue. It can be fun, but we need advice from people who know how to take best advantage of it.

As your moderator on this site, I can answer any of your questions and if I do not know the answer, I will find out for you. You can respond to this thread, PM or email me.

JdynBll 12-13-2006 01:24 PM

I am slowly finding out how to navigate. Linda said to scroll to the top and find the Welcome Room. I can't find it on this page. Where would it be????

2Vettes 12-13-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

I am slowly finding out how to navigate. Linda said to scroll to the top and find the Welcome Room. I can't find it on this page. Where would it be????

Judy, go to the main page: http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php. You'll see the Lobby, and then Welcome Room. Click on that link and click on "New Thread". You'll need to fill in the Title space with something like, "Hi, we're new" or Hi from SW florida, etc. Then in the text box write your message. Try reading some of the other ones to give you an idea what to say. Click the submit button and check back frequently cause you'll start to get responses from members. You may need to answer some of their questions. Be prepared to post a picture of your vette if you have one. Someone will ask to see a picture for sure. Enjoy the site. It's full of nice folks. Armando is the moderator for this section so can walk you through any problems you have.

JdynBll 12-15-2006 10:59 PM

I will follow your directions tomorrow. It is getting late tonight. Everybody calls us Cape Coma, but we just came home from another Christmas Party and we'll check this site tomorrow. Thanks, Linda....and Armando

jcb_njb 01-18-2007 11:48 AM

New Member Saying Hello and Thank You

Hello everyone, my name is Jim Brackett. Armando nominated me and my wife Norma for membership at your club meeting Tuesday, January 16th. My wife and I are very happy we have been accepted into your club and we look forward to the experience and participating as much as possible. We live in Parkland which is sandwiched between Western Boca Raton and Coral Springs.

We met some of you at the Cape Coral show in October (Spooktacular) and the Ft. Meyers show this month. The picture included is of our Vette entered in the Ft. Meyers show. We have entered our Vette in the Reflections in Glass show in Boca Raton on January 27th. Hopefully some of you can make the trip over.

We bought our 2004 Machine Silver Corvette Coupe in January 2004 and left the dealer with the biggest smiles :D :crazy03: ever seen. This is the most fun I've had in any car I have ever owned :dancer01: :dancer01: :dancer01: .

als2052 01-18-2007 08:23 PM

:welcome:

JdynBll 01-26-2007 02:15 PM

Anyone recommended by Sampedros are OK with us

:D Welcome to the Southwest Florida Corvette Club. Since we have already met, we just wanted to make it official. We look forward to having you join us for upcoming Edison Festival of Lights car show on Feb. 13.