The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "Vettes" at the Light Corvette Show (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12211)

PIVette 01-27-2008 09:57 PM

"Vettes" at the Light Corvette Show

Hi Gals and Guys,

Registration Forms are now available for the 3rd Annual "Vettes" at the Light Corvette Show at historic Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. Show date is Saturday, the 17th of May 2008. Open to the first 125 Corvettes to pre-register. Register early, the first 2 years were sold out. :dancer01: no day of show registration !!

Go to ---> http://www.ponceinletcorvetteclub.com/ValFlyer2008.htm

$25.00 registration includes 1 Lighthouse admission, 1 Marine Science Center admission, 1 lunch, 1 event t-shirt, goody bag, door prize ticket and a day of great fun, live music, trophies, food and other neat stuff.

Email any questions to Harvey at offduty1@aol.com or call (386) 760-1048

Thanks to all that have attended in the past,

Harvey
Ponce Inlet Corvette Club

als2052 01-28-2008 02:41 PM

Registration is on its way...looking forward to this show and cruise involved...

als2052 01-28-2008 02:43 PM

bump

Kap142 01-28-2008 03:18 PM

Hey Brother,
My registration is also on it's way. Sounds like a neat show::thumbsup:
NASAJack are you and Tracey joining us?

Pres712 01-28-2008 04:32 PM

Judged?

Harvey:

Is this a judged show? Or is it "Peoples Choice"?

THOR 01-28-2008 04:35 PM

Where exactly is this show? I'm not familiar with this Inlet.

C5Rick 01-28-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THOR (Post 49572)
Where exactly is this show? I'm not familiar with this Inlet.

I believe it's just south of Daytona Beach on the coast :shrug01:

Kap142 01-28-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Rick (Post 49579)
I believe it's just south of Daytona Beach on the coast :shrug01:

Mark, I think Rick is right on the money. South of Daytona

PIVette 01-28-2008 07:51 PM

"Vettes" at the Light

Hi Gals and Guys,

Here's some answers to your questions about the show:

It's a judged show, with classes C-1 thru C-6 awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each class. We also added a modified class this year. We'll probably divide a few of the classes into A and B depending upon how many cars are registered in each class.

In addition there is a People's Choice, Town Employees Favorite, Mayor's Award, Favorite Ponce Inlet Club car and Club participation award.

Ponce Inlet is located about 10 miles south of Daytona on beachside. The show is at the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, which is also located next door to the Marine Science Center. Check out their websites at the below links...

http://www.ponceinlet.org/ .... http://echotourism.com/msc/default.htm

We're working on a Host Hotel and should have that info posted shortly....

It's a real fun show, and we'd love to have CorvetteFlorida.com cars come on over and join in ....

Thanks for the questions.... I'll check back frequently and answer any additional ones.....

Harvey

vettejack 01-29-2008 08:03 AM

I'll have to ask the boss...

...Traci...to see if we're attending, but I'm sure we are!
:dancer01:

And yes, its just south of Daytona off I-95. Maybe ya'll can think of the potential to caravan up there once we collect a bunch of cars over on this side of the state? :thumbsup:

als2052 02-11-2008 03:41 PM

Has a host hotel been picked yet???

98 softtail 02-11-2008 09:33 PM

Deb and I are gonna check the calendar, if we don't have something already planned, this is a go for us.

Kap142 02-12-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98 softtail (Post 51037)
Deb and I are gonna check the calendar, if we don't have something already planned, this is a go for us.

That would be very cool. This will be my first east coast show.

Ken:thumbsup:

vettejack 02-12-2008 10:06 AM

So far....

My registration went out today. :thumbsup:

Ken/Carrie will be staying with us (Jack/Traci) at our little Corvette storage facility and cottage (home).

Now, if I can convince Traci to allow more folks, who want to make a weekend of it from the other coast (Tampa, etc., :hehehe:), and save a bit of money for other things besides hotels, I can ask! The best would be maybe sleeping bags that would be :welcome: on the floor. If not, then there are 2 to 3 hotels about a half mile from our house, just off I-95 at exit 215. And Eckler's is about 3 miles west of our house on Route 1. Or your can stay up there at the Inlet which in itself is a stone's throw from Daytona Beach. :thumbsup:

If there is talk of a caravan to the Inlet, from Titusville, then we could all meet up at Ecklers' parking lot to start the caravan about 7.30 am...since cars have to be parked NLT 9.45 am at the Inlet. That might bring some of you folks over here the night before. :yesnod:

If so, we could leisurely travel up scenic Route 1 (which many over here consider Florida's version of Route 66), which would take a tad bit more than an hour to get up to Ponce Inlet and get lost! Maybe even enough time leftover for a quick breakfast :hehehe:

Ya'll toss it over! :D

PIVette 02-12-2008 11:31 PM

Hotel/Motel Info for "Vettes" at the Light

Hi Gals and Guys,

Fortunately or maybe Unfortunately, Daytona is undergoing some "growing" pains and most of the Mom and Pop Hotel/Motels are gone or going.

In the past we have had good luck with the Palm Plaza 3301 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118.. Rates are around $100.00 - $110.00 a night, and it's on the ocean. It's located about 10-15 minutes north of the show in Ponce Inlet.

There are also a bunch of other Hotel/Motels in the area of the Palm Plaza ... the Acapulco is supposed to be a nice cute one, with good rates ..... all are on South Atlantic (A1A) and on the beach. Most of them have changed ownership recently, but they are nice for what they are ... beachfront motels. There are a few fancier ones a little further north, but pricier also ... these closer ones should be fine.

Here's a link to check availability and rates..... http://www.daytonahotels.com/PalmPlaza/index.php .. on that website you can use the pull down menu on the left to also view other properties and their rates....

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns....

Thanks Again and we look forward to seeing you all at the show....

Harvey :thumbsup:
Ponce Inlet Corvette Club

Kap142 02-12-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasajack (Post 51082)
My registration went out today. :thumbsup:

Ken/Carrie will be staying with us (Jack/Traci) at our little Corvette storage facility and cottage (home).

Now, if I can convince Traci to allow more folks, who want to make a weekend of it from the other coast (Tampa, etc., :hehehe:), and save a bit of money for other things besides hotels, I can ask! The best would be maybe sleeping bags that would be :welcome: on the floor. If not, then there are 2 to 3 hotels about a half mile from our house, just off I-95 at exit 215. And Eckler's is about 3 miles west of our house on Route 1. Or your can stay up there at the Inlet which in itself is a stone's throw from Daytona Beach. :thumbsup:

If there is talk of a caravan to the Inlet, from Titusville, then we could all meet up at Ecklers' parking lot to start the caravan about 7.30 am...since cars have to be parked NLT 9.45 am at the Inlet. That might bring some of you folks over here the night before. :yesnod:

If so, we could leisurely travel up scenic Route 1 (which many over here consider Florida's version of Route 66), which would take a tad bit more than an hour to get up to Ponce Inlet and get lost! Maybe even enough time leftover for a quick breakfast :hehehe:

Ya'll toss it over! :D

Thanks Jack, we're looking forward to it.

Ken

98 softtail 02-15-2008 01:05 AM

This sounds better all the time.....

PIVette 02-16-2008 12:27 PM

Some photos from last years show....

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Gals and Guys,

For those of you that were unable to attend last years show ... Here's a few photos.

PIVette 02-22-2008 07:14 PM

More lodging information...

Hi Gals and Guys,

Below is an email I just received from Bob ... Nature Coast Corvette Club.
I've reprinted it with his permission....Thanks Bob ... for sharing your info.:thumbsup:

Harvey,

They were very accommodating. Palm Plaza Oceanfront with my AAA membership it was $89.10 a night. I would suggest anyone call the -1-888-457-9299 number speak to a real person. The website rate was higher and you needed some kind of password to make the reservation on your own.. I told the gal I talked to about your event and she was excited.

PIVette 03-05-2008 11:44 PM

Hi Gals and Guys,

The direct phone for the Plaza is (386) 767-1711. I spoke with Chris (male) at the front desk today and he says they will be able to honor that $89.00 rate. The Motel is on the ocean and about 7-8 miles north of the Lighthouse and the show. The Mgr's name is Tom Peets.

I hope this helps.....:thumbsup:

Harvey

PIVette 03-29-2008 10:17 PM

Hi Gals and Guys,

Just wanted to update everyone on the show at the Lighthouse in Ponce Inlet. The show date is Saturday, May 17th 2008 ... and we still have some room for Registrations. Remember, due to our limited space, there is no day of show Registration .. all cars must be Pre-registered.

I'm happy to announce that the Marine Discovery Center will be adding a special echotour for folks attending the show. It's will be a special 45 minute guided tour on their pontoon boat Discovery .... Sailing from the boat ramp directly across from the show area. $10.00 per person leaving at 12 noon ... 1 pm and 2pm (after judging and before awards).. Should be added fun, and very interesting !!!! Tickets will be sold at the dock before boarding...www.MarineDiscoveryCenter.org

If you need Show or Hotel info, call me at (386) 760-1048 or email me at offduty1@aol.com... :thumbsup:

Thanks Again,

Harvey

Mr. Blue 04-03-2008 01:08 PM

More possiblilities

I just talked with 'J.J.' (a nice gentleman from Pakistan or some place close by) who is the general manager @ Best Western Edgewater Inn, located here right on US-1 & Rt. 442 in Edgewater. For you that don't know where this is, it's north of Tituville and Oak Hill (where the Merritt Island wild life refuge is located), and just south of New Smyrna, which is south of Port Orang & Daytona. You will be crossing the Dunlawton bride in Port Orange to cross over to the beachside to reach Ponce Inlet (back south down A-1A) the day of the show.
The motel is a brand new facility just completed last year and is very nice and clean and next door to a nice restaruant & Advance Auto parts to the north & a CVS pharmacy next door to the south as well as a shopping center across 442 on the south side. There is a Dunkin Donut, Subway, Beall's (for the ladies) a liquor store and Winn Dixie & Chick-Fil-Lay in the shopping center.
Rt 442 is exit 244 off of I-95 and runs east right into US-1 and the motel on the north side.
They have a special group rate of $79.00 with a min of 10 rooms for any size bedroom. They also have the standard AAA rate of $89.10 like the other motels with no min rooms.
If anyone is interested, their phone # is: (386) 427-7101 and the exact address is listed as: 101 Alamanda Drive Edgewater, Fl. 32132 for those wishing to Google or map quest it.
There is a convient paved place across the street on the north bound side where we could wait and hook up with any of the gang coming up north on US-1 from Titusville.

Now, for a lucky couple of people, we have a spare bedroom with a double bed (with it's own full bathroom) that my wife and I would love to let somone have Friday evening. :welcome: There is also a hid-a-bed in our living room couch if someone wants to 'rough' it, all for free. I'm about 6 blocks south off of Rt 442 in a very nice quite neighborhood (except for me).
Call us @ (386) 427-4057 if you want to take us up on our offer.
My e-mail is: MrBlue@cfl.rr.com for anyone to contact us for more info or to set the room aside.

I am also interested in hooking up with the caravan as it heads north up US-1 the day of the show, so be sure and let us know when the details are set in stone. :thumbsup:
Glenn & Kathy Smith

JIM KILL 04-03-2008 01:53 PM

Nice Invite

Glenn and Kathy:

Thanks for the invite.....but, I heard Glenn Snores sort of loud and walks in his sleep :lmao:

We will see you there!!

:hehehe: Jim and Jeanne :hehehe:

Mr. Blue 04-03-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL (Post 56105)
Glenn and Kathy:

Thanks for the invite.....but, I heard Glenn Snores sort of loud and walks in his sleep :lmao:

We will see you there!!

:hehehe: Jim and Jeanne :hehehe:

That's an evil lie started by my wife so your lovely wife wouldn't want to spend the night here!
Look forward to seeing you there too! :thumbsup:

JIM KILL 04-03-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Blue (Post 56106)
That's an evil lie started by my wife so your lovely wife wouldn't want to spend the night here!
Look forward to seeing you there too! :thumbsup:

Give her a Hug from me!!!
:hehehe: Jim :hehehe:

http://www.ponceinletcorvetteclub.com/ValFlyer2008.htm

Mr. Blue 04-03-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL (Post 56108)
Give her a Hug from me!!!
:hehehe: Jim :hehehe:

http://www.ponceinletcorvetteclub.com/ValFlyer2008.htm

Too cute!
Consider that hug a done deal after 5PM tonight.:wavey:

Scully 04-03-2008 03:23 PM

I would like to sign up for the show is it full yet??:shrug01:

Mr. Blue 04-03-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scully (Post 56113)
I would like to sign up for the show is it full yet??:shrug01:

I suggest you contact Harvey Bach of Ponce Inlet Corvette Club (host club) right away at the info posted
Offduty1@aol.com or phone (386) 760- 1048
It was still open at the first of this week, I think. Good luck.:wavey: Glenn

PIVette 04-06-2008 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Gals and Guys,

There is still room to Register for our show. I'll be at the Altamonte show this Saturday with Registration Forms...you can sign up then, if you'd like:dancer01:

Eckler's will again be present at our show, offering a "Vettes" at the Light -10% show discount, and free shipping.

Also, Smokey Yunick (Jr) will be displaying his 1959 "Yunique" corvette (pictured below).

Contact me with any questions about our show... offduty1@aol.com

PIVette 04-14-2008 12:16 AM

Hi Gals and Guys,

It was great meeting some of our online members at the show in Altamonte. Thanks to the FCC for a job well done...:thumbsup: I had a real nice time, and met some great folks.

We still have a few openings for our show at the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse .. Saturday, May 17th. If you're interested, email me and I'll get you a Registration Form...

Thanks Again,

Harvey

PIVette 04-19-2008 11:55 AM

Hi Gals and Guys,

Registration has "officially" closed for our Vettes at the Light show, and I am happy to report we have sold out for the 3rd year in a row. We will have about 135 gorgeous corvettes on display Saturday, May 17th at the Historic Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. :dancer01:

Everyone that has registered will be receiving a package in the regular mail with..driving directions, judging info and a dashcard. Mailings will go out by the end of the month...

If you missed the deadline but would still like to Register...I could squeeze in a few more cars, but you must email me by Tuesday the 22nd ... offduty1@aol.com... remember, there is no day of show registration

Thanks to CorvetteFlorida.com for making communication possible and Thanks to the online members that have registered..

PS... Live Oak Inn (a neat bed'n'breakfast) is offering a special rate for folks coming from out of town..email me for their info...

PSS... Your $25.00 registration will also include a dashplaque (first time for our show)

Thanks Again..
Don't hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns...

Harvey

vettejack 04-21-2008 11:05 AM

I am also interested in hooking up with the caravan as it heads north up US-1 the day of the show, so be sure and let us know when the details are set in stone. :thumbsup:
Glenn & Kathy Smith[/quote]

Ken and Carrie will be coming over from the Tampa side and staying with Traci and I at our home here in Titusville. I'm not sure if the Cape Kennedy CC will caravan up to Ponce, but as we get closer to the date, I'm sure some of the members will be planning a caravan as well if any of the membership is participating. I'll pass along that info as it arrives! A caravan up Route 1 always feels a little like a Route 66 ride...just Florida's version of it...:hehehe:

Mr. Blue 04-21-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasajack (Post 57528)
Glenn & Kathy Smith

Ken and Carrie will be coming over from the Tampa side and staying with Traci and I at our home here in Titusville. I'm not sure if the Cape Kennedy CC will caravan up to Ponce, but as we get closer to the date, I'm sure some of the members will be planning a caravan as well if any of the membership is participating. I'll pass along that info as it arrives! A caravan up Route 1 always feels a little like a Route 66 ride...just Florida's version of it...:hehehe:[/quote]

You tell um Jack!
I was honored to hook up with Ponce Inlet on it's run to CKCC's show this past weekend. It was a ball flying down the interstate with all 8 of them. Thanks guys!!
I missed hooking up with the group heading over to Beef O Bradies after the show...I had no idea where it was, so I had to go home alone. Bummer!
I taught a kid on a HP crotch rocket that not all Vettes are easy pickin's! He's still trying to catch up down around Titusville!:reddevil:
Later, Glenn

Kap142 04-21-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasajack (Post 57528)
Glenn & Kathy Smith

Ken and Carrie will be coming over from the Tampa side and staying with Traci and I at our home here in Titusville. I'm not sure if the Cape Kennedy CC will caravan up to Ponce, but as we get closer to the date, I'm sure some of the members will be planning a caravan as well if any of the membership is participating. I'll pass along that info as it arrives! A caravan up Route 1 always feels a little like a Route 66 ride...just Florida's version of it...:hehehe:[/quote]

Jack,:thumbsup: we sure will be there:thumbsup:. Tell Traci to crank up the hot tub and get the Margaritas ready:lmao::lmao:

Mr. Blue 04-22-2008 07:45 AM

Bedroom available

Check post # 22 on page 3 for the offer & info I posted about a room to stay with us (or a motel in our area) for anyone in need that weekend. :welcome:
Glenn & Kathy Smith (386) 427-4057

PIVette 04-29-2008 10:17 PM

Hi Gals and Guys,

Happy to announce that the "VETTES" at the Light 2008 is SOLD OUT :dancer01: for Registrations....(third year in a row)

Thanks to the Tampa Bay Vets Gals and Guys for filling us up, and Special Thanks to Corvette Florida.com for making this communication possible.

Info packets (judging info, driving directions, show activities and dashcard) will be going in the mail by the end of the week.

Anyone looking to come over just to hang out is welcomed... Saturday, May 17th 10am - 4pm

I'll post some driving directions and show info the week before the show...

Thanks Again :thumbsup:

Harvey

Mr. Blue 04-30-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIVette (Post 58342)
Hi Gals and Guys,

Happy to announce that the "VETTES" at the Light 2008 is SOLD OUT :dancer01: for Registrations....(third year in a row)
Thanks Again :thumbsup:
Harvey

Way to go Harvey!:dancer01:
Here's a blast from the past from 1983 and a younger 'LOVE IS BLUE' down your way.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...tHouseVett.jpg

PIVette 05-08-2008 12:02 PM

Great photo Glenn,

That sign's still there ... but the landscaping has changed a bit ...

Everyone that has Registered for "Vettes" at the Light 2008 should have already received their show info packet in the regular mail. If you have not received it yet please email me at offduty1@aol.com ... So I can get you the info.....

Should be a great show....:thumbsup:

Thanks Again,

Harvey
(386) 760-1048

als2052 05-08-2008 12:35 PM

Received mine on Monday...very informative and detailed...BTW, will be spending night in Titusville on Friday (going to Ecklers during the day)...See ya all there...

PIVette 05-08-2008 12:42 PM

FYI ..... Eckler's will be set up at "Vettes" at the Light taking orders, offering free shipping and a 10% show discount ....:welcome: