The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fantasyfest (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3182)

vett boy 08-07-2007 05:16 AM

Fantasyfest

Has anyone been to Fantasyfest in Keywest ?www.fantasyfest.net it looks like a blast.They have a pet parade and I want to take my two legged boxer.:crazy03:

Hotel 's are a little pricy ,but I think my wife and I might try it in 08 :thumbsup:

Corrected address

ynkedad 08-07-2007 06:51 AM

vett boy

I tried clicking the link (on both forums) and couldn't access the page.?:banghead:

vett boy 08-07-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
I tried clicking the link (on both forums) and couldn't access the page.?:banghead:

I think I've corrected the address.:thumbsup:

Pres712 08-07-2007 08:50 AM

Be prepaired!

I've never been at that time but do go every year to Key West just to vacation. From those that have gone and those I've talked to in KW it is a nudists, fest galore! I'm not a prude but you had better be ready for lots of nudity and other items of display. Some of the costumes are really great, body painting, etc. Book a room far in advance and you will only be able to book a min of 3 nites. Take lots of pics, please!!! :reddevil:

vett boy 08-07-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pres712
I've never been at that time but do go every year to Key West just to vacation. From those that have gone and those I've talked to in KW it is a nudists, fest galore! I'm not a prude but you had better be ready for lots of nudity and other items of display. Some of the costumes are really great, body painting, etc. Book a room far in advance and you will only be able to book a min of 3 nites. Take lots of pics, please!!! :reddevil:

Nude women thats pretty disgusting ,But i'd go for the other stuff;) My two legged dog wants to be in the animal parade .

thebeepster 08-07-2007 03:08 PM

Everyone should go ONCE...make sure you're openminded. Absolutely ANYTHING goes!! Complete and thorough nudity, booze, and decadence. A constant 2-3 day party so don't peak too fast (as I did). Pace yourself as I totally crashed and burned the 3rd day. Definitely not for the casual partier who likes to retire early:dancer01:

vett boy 08-07-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeepster
Everyone should go ONCE...make sure you're openminded. Absolutely ANYTHING goes!! Complete and thorough nudity, booze, and decadence. A constant 2-3 day party so don't peak too fast (as I did). Pace yourself as I totally crashed and burned the 3rd day. Definitely not for the casual partier who likes to retire early:dancer01:

There ,I posted on three forums and only you and Junkie have ever been.I was begin' to think that all Corvette people we're dull.:hehehe: Plus it appears you've lived .Thanks for your advice ,i'll take it.

ynkedad 08-07-2007 04:15 PM

Looks like a Happening Time!!!:dancer01:

2Vettes 08-07-2007 07:55 PM

Have friends that go, not quite sure how they participate and I don't ask. :nonod: It sounds like a fun time and worth the time to go. I've seen some photos of fantastic body painting! Maybe some day...:D

Shadow 08-07-2007 08:48 PM

BTDT a couple of times. It's changed a LOT over the last 6-8 years. Used to be that nudity under the body painting was accepted. several years ago, the city decided that the ladies needed pasties and a G-string under the paint.

The damned city counsel is trying to turn the place into a freaking fairyland....I mean....disneyland.......

Total nudity if seen by the police is no longer accepted nor is many of the other things that used to go on.

Now for the good part.

There's a nude sundeck over Rick's place, the hotels are pretty much anything goes as long as there's no kids around and they don't get complaints from other guests.

DON'T take young kids! At least I wouldn't. Yes, there's a "childrens parade" but I'll be damned if I'd stay there any longer than that with youngun's':rofl1:

I've seen lets say, some "interesting goin's on" at the hotel pool after midnight;)

After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang out.....after midnight,after midnight...:yesnod: :D :rofl1:

They have an alternative lifestyle parade and the "straight" parade???

I've worked the float with the Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders group from Tampa a few years. Let em tell you, it's an interesting time. You better be open minded and not easily insulted.
If you're the least bit homo-phobic....stay home.....:lmao:

Overall it's Mardigras, Norte de Cuba...

...Laissez les bon temps roulez!!!:thumbsup: :icon_cheers:

vett boy 08-08-2007 04:40 AM

Thanks ,I know from experience there is a large gay presence (i'm not) .I've been to Key west for a few days each winter when Orlando gets cold and snow is in the forecast.

I've never been to Marigras,plus i'm not a big drinker .But Fantasyfest just looks like it's the ultra experience.Even my wife (the church lady) said she'd go.

At my age I don't have much time left to see the world and whats in it.

Shadow 08-08-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy
Thanks ,I know from experience there is a large gay presence (i'm not) .I've been to Key west for a few days each winter when Orlando gets cold and snow is in the forecast.

I've never been to Marigras,plus i'm not a big drinker .But Fantasyfest just looks like it's the ultra experience.Even my wife (the church lady) said she'd go.

At my age I don't have much time left to see the world and whats in it.

I'm a native Floridaian; however, I never made it to the Key's until the Coast Guard sent me there in the early 80's for a field training exercise.

Fell in love withthe place and although I'm not all that happy about a lot of the changes, it's still the "keys" (all of them) and I'd live there tomorrow if I could!:thumbsup:

You don't need to be gay to enjoy the place. There's something there for everyone. Hell, I even found a nudie strip bar that wasn't gay(Ask me how I know?):rofl1: :rofl1:

My church lady also said she'd go to Fantasy Fest but frankly, I don't think she's going to handle it well. I can only take so much griping and complaining about the way a person acts, dresses, has sex or anything else, not to mention how much skin they show, before I either leave or throw you in the water:lmao:

But if she really wants to go, I'll take her;)

Anyway, go for it, you have to do it once in a lifetime. Drinker or otherwise:thumbsup: Sometimes, it's more fun to stay sober and watch the other drunks:D

als2052 08-08-2007 08:32 PM

I have been going to Key West now since the early 70's and likewise not too crazy about what it has turned out to be but it is still paradise and I would move down there in a heart beat...

vett boy 08-09-2007 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052
I have been going to Key West now since the early 70's and likewise not too crazy about what it has turned out to be but it is still paradise and I would move down there in a heart beat...

What ?your not interested in buying a 1959 8x30 mobil home on rented land for $850,000 ???:banghead:

I was down last Jan .for a week with my wife and it didn't seem nearly as crowded nor did it seem that there we're as many limpies.(not that I have a problem with limpies)

Shadow 08-09-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

What ?your not interested in buying a 1959 8x30 mobil home on rented land for $850,000 ???:banghead:

I was down last Jan .for a week with my wife and it didn't seem nearly as crowded nor did it seem that there we're as many limpies.(not that I have a problem with limpies)

Home (mobile or otherwise) has gotten stupid down there. Partially due to the alternate lifestyle acceptance of the area. The other is/was due to the Buffett lifestyle the islands promote.

It's starting to change a little simply due to the market slump. The hurricanes in recent years haven't hurt much either, but really don't put much of a damper on pricing (as they have in the Charlotte County area).

The city is trying to change it's image to a more family friendly (disney with a bar) focus...good luck:rofl1:

Rich427 08-09-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Overall it's Mardigras, Norte de Cuba...

...Laissez les bon temps roulez!!!:thumbsup: :icon_cheers:

Huh? :thinkin:

Shadow, I am still having problems with ..."no hablo englese"! :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

ynkedad 08-09-2007 09:04 AM

[quote=vett boy]Thanks ,I know from experience there is a large gay presence (i'm not) .QUOTE]

You keep telling yourself whatever allows you to sleep good at night!:lmao:
Know this....the closet (door) is unlocked and you can come out ANYtime! :dodge: :hide: :hehehe:

Shadow 08-09-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427
Huh? :thinkin:

Shadow, I am still having problems with ..."no hablo englese"! :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Quote:

.Laissez les bon temps roulez!!!
= (loosely interpreted) Let the good times roll.....

Shadow 08-09-2007 09:31 AM

[quote=ynkedad]
Quote:

Thanks ,I know from experience there is a large gay presence (i'm not) .QUOTE]

You keep telling yourself whatever allows you to sleep good at night!:lmao:
Know this....the closet (door) is unlocked and you can come out ANYtime! :dodge: :hide: :hehehe:

O no you di-int!:rofl1: :rofl1:

Rich427 08-09-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
.. = (loosely interpreted) Let the good times roll.....

(loosely interpreted) ...Oooooooooohhhhhh!!! :sillyme:

Why didn't you just say so. :brick2:

Ms. AntiVenom 08-09-2007 10:38 AM

I have the luck of going to a parade mabobber like that and getting my behind grabbed.
and even with 20years of martial arts training I cant keep my cool when that happens!
Im dying to go to the keys again, We use to go when I was a kid, just to fish:rofl1:

Shadow 08-09-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom
I have the luck of going to a parade mabobber like that and getting my behind grabbed.
and even with 20years of martial arts training I cant keep my cool when that happens!
Im dying to go to the keys again, We use to go when I was a kid, just to fish:rofl1:

:blush: Sorry ma'am, didn't know that was you. :no_evil: :rofl1:

Ms. AntiVenom 08-09-2007 11:49 AM

:lol:rofl1:

Rich Z 08-09-2007 02:03 PM

Man, I dunno.... Nudity would be just great if everyone was built and looked like a movie star, but in the real world most people are better off putting something over top their body. Just walk through the mall some day and imagine everyone there suddenly becoming nude.... :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy:

vett boy 08-09-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Man, I dunno.... Nudity would be just great if everyone was built and looked like a movie star, but in the real world most people are better off putting something over top their body. Just walk through the mall some day and imagine everyone there suddenly becoming nude.... :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy:

Oh I know what your saying.And I don't want to go just to see fat ,naked ,drunk ,gay people.I just want to go party a little and see ALL the strange sights put together.:crazy03:

ynkedad 08-09-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Oh I know what your saying.And I don't want to go just to see fat ,naked ,drunk ,gay people.I just want to go party a little and see ALL the strange sights put together.:crazy03:

That doesn't sound good! Especially the part about seeing all of the strange sights put together.

vett boy 08-09-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
That doesn't sound good! Especially the part about seeing all of the strange sights put together.

So does that mean your going in 08? I am.:crazy03:

ynkedad 08-09-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

So does that mean your going in 08? I am.:crazy03:

Nope...That sort of stuff won't keep ME away!:dancer01:
I'm all about having a good time, and being around those who are like minded.:thumbsup:
It Sounds Like A BLAST!:dancer01:

vett boy 08-09-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom

So ,are you in for 2008?:thumbsup:

vett boy 08-09-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

And does the mean your in for 2008?

Shadow 08-09-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Round here that could prove to be very interesting. We have Citrus Park, West Shore and International malls that draw a very shall we say, "kept" crowd of "the beautiful people":thumbsup: :hehehe:

I might just have to rent a booth;)

tj37_2 09-03-2007 01:10 PM

We have been to FF many times.
We have a friend in KW that is a Monroe county sheriff that gives us the scoop on what is and is not allowed that year.
As for the pastie thing they tried that for awhile and FF attendance dropped so all the business owners started screaming at the mayor so they relaxed the rules.
As long as you stay on Duval St.
pretty much anything goes.
Total nudity is not allowed but body paint is not considered nude.
My wife has gone topless before as well as painted and never had a issue with police.
Hell one state cop tried to pick her up.
FF is a blast and i always tell every one they should go at least once.
It is really no place for kids though.

vett boy 09-03-2007 08:26 PM

Thanks ,I'm going to give it a fling in 08.I just want to see the sights before I go blind.

Wolf1171 09-12-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeepster

Sounds like my kinda party!!

Suicide King 09-12-2007 05:40 PM

FF is a lot of fun but I like Mardi Gras better.
The first rule about fight club is you don't talk about fight club.
The second rule is you DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB. :hehehe:
Or is it….. What happens in FF STAYS IN FF. :yesnod: ;) :yesnod:

vett boy 09-18-2007 06:50 PM

Looked at the live cam on Duval st. -looks pretty calm http://www.liveduvalstreet.com/

2Vettes 09-18-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Looked at the live cam on Duval st. -looks pretty calm http://www.liveduvalstreet.com/

That's pretty neat! Thanks. Just got to watch some woman talking on her cell phone....:shrug01: Not much happenin' tonight, it seems

vett boy 09-19-2007 05:40 AM

I keep an eye out for public nudity.After I carefully ID the people involved i'll have to contact the local authorities.(by mail)

Mr. Blue 09-27-2007 10:42 AM

Fantasy Fest

Yep! Been there, Done that, Got the photos to prove it but couldn't post them here! :dancer01: My wife & I rode our MC's there several years ago. Took our tent and sleepingbags and stayed at a wonderful campground about 25 miles away. Very reasonable price, especially for the time.
Like was said, it's wide open and tons of fun!! 'm no prude so we had a wonderful time. Please do it once in your life. They also have live video feeds from Duval street on the web. :crazy03: Glenn & Kat

sglfladad 09-27-2007 12:55 PM

Wasn't planned to coincide with ff, but just booked a trip there on the weekend of the 19th.. I guess that's when it starts.