The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   HELP WANTED!!!!!! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19353)

Rich Z 08-28-2008 12:47 PM

HELP WANTED!!!!!!

I REALLY need someone to keep the calendar on this site up-to-date with all the events going on around the state. I know I use this calendar to try to make my decisions about what shows I want to attend, and I'm sure others do as well, but I know for a fact that there are a lot of shows not listed there.

I just don't have the time available with my business, otherwise I would do it myself for my own personal use.

I really hate to miss some events just because I don't know about them. It's just not real easy browsing through the Shows and Events forum to determine what shows are where and when, so this really would be a help to everyone.

ANYONE willing to help out?

MRS. XTREME 08-28-2008 03:29 PM

I would help you out.
Is the happenings and event forum where I would get all the info??
I just want to make sure I would know where to go to get info before I commited.

Rich Z 08-28-2008 03:59 PM

ANY source is fair game. The idea of this is to have the calendar on this site reflect any and all events, shows, cruises, meetings, whatever, that we all might be interested in knowing about and possibly attending.

Listings on club websites, any general car show listings, anything at all as a source will work. I'm sure this will benefit everyone as the more eyes that see an event, the more potentially successful it will be.

The preferred format would be as much info as possible within the post on the calendar with a link to a webpage where more info and contact would be available for those wanting to know more.

In my case, the way I use the calendar is to simply browse the listing at the bottom of the main page and make note of which shows are taking place on which weekends that I feel I may have free to get away and attend.

I really do appreciate the offer of help. I know we are missing a bunch of events simple because we just don't know about them. If would help if the promoters themselves would post on the calendar, but I guess they already have their hands full....

Thank you!

Rich Z.

98 softtail 08-28-2008 06:22 PM

Rich, I would like to help ya but I am pretty much a DooFus on the computer.

Rich Z 08-28-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98 softtail (Post 68183)

Are you trainable? :hehehe:

Or worst comes to worst, maybe you could just find events for MRS. XTREME to add into the calendar....

vett boy 08-28-2008 06:24 PM

Bless you child .One of the reasons I joined this forum was to be informed and get involved with all the wonderfull Florida activities.Sadly i'm where I want to be.In three years i've never made one show or meet.

I hope that in time I can help a little more.This is the best Forums out there.

vett boy 08-28-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Hey I was just looking at a house in Bradenton,maybe we could go to night school together :shrug01:

ynkedad 08-28-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Rich, I am pretty much a DooFus on the computer.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

raidmagic 08-28-2008 09:04 PM

How about a common thread that can be posted in by members then the person in charge of the calendar can acces that thread and put the events in the calendar.

"Backyard Mechanic" 08-28-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidmagic (Post 68212)
How about a common thread that can be posted in by members then the person in charge of the calendar can acces that thread and put the events in the calendar.

Anyone can put in info in the calender:thumbsup:

98 softtail 08-28-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidmagic (Post 68212)

Not a clue as to what he just said. :shrug01:, :banghead:

Joe B.

MRS. XTREME 08-28-2008 09:36 PM

Well I will give it a whirl and see how good I am.

lololol...

98 softtail 08-28-2008 09:54 PM

[quote=Rich Z;68185]Are you trainable? :hehehe:

Deb says yes, but I say No. I am still the same Goober she married. :dancer01:

raidmagic 08-28-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" (Post 68214)
Anyone can put in info in the calender:thumbsup:

Ah 10-4. I thought it was an admin or mod controled deal.:thumbsup:

Kap142 08-28-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Ditto what Joe said!

JIM KILL 08-29-2008 06:16 AM

Rich

Rich:

I have been doing alot of those events already and will continue to do so....I think the calendar is pretty much up to date on shows. I see the CF gang also adds things, so I think we are in good shape. The only problem I see is alot of the gang adds a show with no information or links. If I had the access to edit these.....I could add more information....I think we will be fine.

I use this site to get alot of information:

http://www.motoringtampabay.com/carclubs.htm

You know I am always available to help!!

:hehehe: Jim :hehehe:

The "ULTIMATE CORVETTE PARTY" in Tampa is scheduled for November 22, 2008 and I will post information as soon as we complete the flier.

Rich Z 08-29-2008 03:21 PM

Thanks Jim. I just know I will read about an event in the forum here for that purpose, but often won't see it listed in the calendar. I think it will help a LOT if that is a comprehensive source of event information.

BTW, all members can set up the calendar to automatically send them an email notice for any event listed there. This is a great feature that will help those of us with aging brain matter to keep from missing something we may otherwise forget about. If any of you have not checked out the calendar, it may be well worthwhile becoming familiar with it's function.

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/calendar.php

Rich Z 08-30-2008 12:26 PM

One suggestion I could make is to just go through the Events and Shows forum on this site and try to make certain that all events listed there are also on the calendar. I think that would help quite a bit.

98 softtail 08-31-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 68378)
One suggestion I could make is to just go through the Events and Shows forum on this site and try to make certain that all events listed there are also on the calendar. I think that would help quite a bit.

Oh sure, Mock my CDD(computer dysfunctional disorder).

THUNDER 06-10-2009 10:15 PM

hi all

here is a idea for local tallahassee. i manage a burgerking off magnolia and park ave. we are in a windixie parking lot. maybe we can arrange a get together there sometime. all i can offer at this point is free drinks for the drivers but more in the future. might be a good local spot for a once a month get together were we wont have any trouble. just an idea.... let me know
850-933-9731 is my cell

just trying to help some of the local guys

Rich Z 06-11-2009 01:31 AM

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.... But for me personally, we're getting into my busy season (like the rest of the year is slow......), so not sure how much I'll be able to attend.

But it can't hurt to try. Most folks like ANY excuse to meet up with other Corvette folks.

THOR 06-12-2009 08:15 AM

:thumbsup:Great idea THUNDER. At least you are being proactive and certainly generous. :thumbsup:

Scully 06-12-2009 08:42 AM

Good morning everyone :wavey
the forum is great the only thing I would like to see is the central fl (orlando area) be more envolved. I don't see many shows over there. If you would like I could email all the clubs over here and ask them to pass that information on to me so we could post their activities also what do you think :shrug01

Rich Z 06-12-2009 11:20 AM

Actually I would like to see ALL the clubs get more involved here. I have offered them all a free forum here so they can interface not only with their members, but also attract interest from non members and quite possibly get them involved in their activities as well. I believe a large part of the problem of perceived apathy and disinterest that the clubs believe they are seeing is really caused by the simple fact that many people don't even KNOW about the activities. Right here every club has the potential to having every person in Florida interested in Corvettes looking in on their discussions about activities and events. How many of those people across the state would just LOVE a good excuse to drive across state to some event just for the pure fun of getting there with the added bonus of attending a gathering of other like minded people?

Heck, it's free advertising for their clubs and they STILL choose to ignore the offer...... :shrug01: Well, that's their choice.........

Rich Z 03-15-2010 01:07 AM

Anyone else interested in helping out with the calendar on this site to keep track of events and shows? It appears that our former calendar girl has abandoned the position...... :shrug01:

Lou G 03-15-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 110462)
Anyone else interested in helping out with the calendar on this site to keep track of events and shows? It appears that our former calendar girl has abandoned the position...... :shrug01:

Yeah, what happened to her. Have not seen a post from her in a while.
:shrug01:

jcb_njb 03-15-2010 01:56 PM

I'll do what I can do for events in the SE part of the state.

Shadow 03-15-2010 06:54 PM

It's not that I don't have enough to do, but if no one else has the time, then I'll do it. I don't "want" the job, but it needs to be done.

That said, anyone can add an event to the calendar.

It would be nice if we had regional people, such as jcb_njb, that could be responsible for events happening in thier "region."

A regional person is more likely to know or hear about local events than a single calendar person, and would certainly have a greater vested interest in getting the information out to the enthusiasts in thier area and beyond (yes, some of us will/do travel:thumbsup:)

I'd suggest we break it down as follows:

SE-From about Port Canaveral South through Miami and the Keys, and over to the center part of the state (ie: Okeechobee/Arcadia)

SW-From Naples south through and also inclusive of the Fla. Keys, and over to the same center part of the state.
Central-From Arcadia/Sarasota/Port Canaveral/Melborne area, north to include the East and west central coasts, through Volusia County (Daytona) and about Hernando County on the west coast.

NE-From the top of the central band to St. Augustine and Jacksonville.

NW-Again from the top of the west central band and north to and inclusive of Tallahassee and the Panhandle area of the state.

If we're interested in anything just above Lower Alabama, aka: Panama City/Pensacola), someone from the P-cola area or PC could handle those chores.

We could break it down even further and go:

South-From Indian River/Highlands/Collier counties through the Florida Keys, inclusive of both coasts

Central-Above the aforementioned counties through Hernando-Sumpter-Orange-Lake and Volusia counties, inclusive of both coasts

North-Pretty much everything NORTH of the above counties through the Panhandle.

3 regions or 4?

Either way, instead of having individuals posting events, any events that we come across, would be routed to that regions POC for inclusion on the calendar.

Either way, one person responsible for events in thier A/O and one POC if need be?

What say ye?

And I'll be happy to lend a hand in the Central area since I live here, unless someone else would like to do it, then be my guest!:D

Gordon

jcb_njb 03-15-2010 07:12 PM

Gordon, by region would be great. One of the sites I use (FlaCarShows.com) has 7 regions listed and breaks the SE Florida region as follows:

Jupiter south to Key West also, Belle Glade, South Bay and Clewiston.

North of Jupiter to Daytona would be the East Coast. Check out how each region is separated on FlaCarShows.com and see what you think.

As indicated, I'll do the SE Florida region as listed above.

Rich Z 03-15-2010 08:43 PM

Actually it would be helpful if the people and/or organizations running these events would post that info here.

Anyway, I talked to Keli today and she told me she is taking some college classes and has gotten snowed under with the homework and stuff. So her time on the computer has had to take a back seat.

Hopefully when I get some of these projects out of the way I can spend more time on this myself, but right now "retirement" isn't quite what I thought it would be..... :rolleyes:

Shadow 03-16-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 110509)
...but right now "retirement" isn't quite what I thought it would be..... :rolleyes:

...:lmao:It hardly ever is...:lmao:

jcb-I was thinking more of smaller regions to limit the number of people we'd have to depend on to maintain the calendar.

To they have people that post the events for those regions, or does one person handle the duties and they just break the state up like that for the readers?

Function and Simplicity are my key goals here.

Let me know?

If you can handle SE, depending on how it's broken down, AFAIC, it's yours:thumbsup::dancer01:

jcb_njb 03-16-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 110540)
...:lmao:It hardly ever is...:lmao:

jcb-I was thinking more of smaller regions to limit the number of people we'd have to depend on to maintain the calendar.

To they have people that post the events for those regions, or does one person handle the duties and they just break the state up like that for the readers?

Function and Simplicity are my key goals here.

Let me know?

If you can handle SE, depending on how it's broken down, AFAIC, it's yours:thumbsup::dancer01:

FlaCarShows.com gets submissions by the group putting on the show and one person posts it in the proper region. I can handle the SE.

Shadow 03-16-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb_njb (Post 110548)
FlaCarShows.com gets submissions by the group putting on the show and one person posts it in the proper region. I can handle the SE.

That makes sense for that kind of forum where the promoter has a stake in the posting.

Here, it's members who see/hear of a show and want to get the information out.

As it stands, anyone can add to tha calendar. Just need someone in the regions to oversee it, make sure it's updated, and such. We could have people forward to one person, but I think a lot would be missed and there's too much going on statewide for 1 person to handle *IMO*.

Ok, we have the SE section covered.

Any other volunteers?