The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CorvetteFlorida name badges (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7433)

Rich Z 10-26-2007 01:30 AM

CorvetteFlorida name badges

We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Or do we? :hehehe: Many times I will see someone and although the face is familiar, just what IS his or her name? :shrug01: I'll be the first to admit that I am terrible at remembering names. :banghead:

So, what the heck... maybe this would be worthwhile for the shows so we ALL don't have to fumble for names when someone walks up on us, obviously remembering who WE are but we are clueless without some help.....

Had a few minutes before thinking about hitting the hay and Connie asked me about some name badges when we go to shows, and brought this idea onto the front burner. I had already bought an Avery name badge a while back and have the software to easily create this sort of thing, so I figured I would give it a whirl...

So here's what I came up with as a quick and dirty result:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/pics/namebadges01.jpg

The way this works is for me to type the member names into a database, and then the program prints out pages of these name badges with the member names plugged in. I could add a field to put in your REAL NAMES as well, if you wish, but this decision would have to be made prior to filling in the data base.

Now, distribution might be an issue. Mailing one out to everyone who wants one could be a real good way to push me over the edge. Perhaps bringing them to the shows would work? Of course, then I am in a pickle when someone just walks up and says "Hi Rich! I'm here to pick up my badge..." and I have to hem and haw hoping I can fumble around long enough to get a clue about who it is I am looking for printed on the badge. I may have to do something really graceless, but helpful, such as dropping ALL the badges onto the ground and let them find their own badge... :hehehe:

Anyway, let me know what you think. With the Cypress Gardens and UCP shows coming up, this may be a good time to do something like this....

ynkedad 10-26-2007 07:48 AM

I'll be the 2nd to admit it then...

:D
I think it's a great idea and they look good too.:dancer01:
I agree, mailing them out would be a pain and maybe the best thing would be to distribute them at the shows.
:thinkin:...possibly laying them out on a table (like you did with the fliers) would work, or setting up a time and place for all to meet (in the hotel lobby:shrug01:) in order to distribute them would work.??

C5Rick 10-26-2007 07:49 AM

I don't like badges. Just something about them. Now a t-shirt I could go for and wouldn't mind paying for the shirt and shipping charges involved.
At a show, I would notice a t-shirt with a logo before a name badge, as you wouldn't know where each individual would place theirs (this was added after Gordon's comment).
Then again, since I don't go to shows, I wouldn't need a badge and a t-shirt,
I could wear to lunch.
Just my thought.

Shadow 10-26-2007 07:57 AM

I like them, and unlike the T-shirt (which I also like), they're certainly more cost effective to do.

I am usually in a T or tank top so putting them on a collar is usually not an option. I do however place them on my sleve (next to these massive guns:rofl1:) or on my belt as we wore our S.O. I/D's.

Picking them up at an event is certainly the way to go, if for no other reason than it gives you one more shot at putting the face with the name.

Just tell me when where and how much?

Thanks for thinking about this:thumbsup:

Gordon

fletcher4u 10-26-2007 08:26 AM

:thumbsup: I like them and we do need a shirt

SteveK 10-26-2007 09:24 AM

I like the badge idea too.

But when it comes to shirts, what does everyone agree on. The existing logo without a name would be very easy to do. But i kept hearing things like mine needs to have a C-3 on it or what about my online name, etc.....

If we can agree on a simple design they are very doable.

Kap142 10-26-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveK (Post 38412)
I like the badge idea too.

But when it comes to shirts, what does everyone agree on. The existing logo without a name would be very easy to do. But i kept hearing things like mine needs to have a C-3 on it or what about my online name, etc.....

If we can agree on a simple design they are very doable.

:shrug01:Who said C3?:shrug01::shrug01: But (almost seriously) I like the t-shirt idea also. I'm not sure how to resolve the name issue on a t-shirt though.

Maybe another variation on the theme. Ynkedad has his Corvettes Anonymous t shirt with his black (and awesome) vette pictured on the back.

Maybe a shirt with our forums symbol on the front, then if you choose you could get your favorite vehicle on da back (on your own) and your name too should you wish to.:thumbsup:

THOR 10-26-2007 09:49 AM

Hey Steve the DJ, Nice going. I like what you did with the badges. Very nice touch. Mark :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sandman 10-26-2007 11:11 AM

:thumbsup:

SM
:crazy03:

als2052 10-26-2007 03:21 PM

The badge idea sounds great...the tee shirt angle may not work since some of us are in clubs and at the shows we are showing our colors...Will not be at the shows mentioned so getting the badge may be a problem for me as well as others in same predicament...

2Vettes 10-26-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052 (Post 38439)
The badge idea sounds great...the tee shirt angle may not work since some of us are in clubs and at the shows we are showing our colors...Will not be at the shows mentioned so getting the badge may be a problem for me as well as others in same predicament...

I'll be at the UCP and can pick yours up if that's the way we go. :yesnod:

Rich Z 10-26-2007 09:31 PM

I've actually been thinking about T-shirts lately. I think I found a way to have them made up and actually drop shipped individually to whoever orders them. I've kind of put this on the back burner lately, one reason being is that I probably need to get an OK from GM for using their trademarked marks in any endeavor such as this.

I doubt I would be able to get this arranged to have member names included on the shirt, however. Probably needs to be a standardized logo used.

As for the name badges, I could bring them along to the UCP show next month. Probably the best way to handle this would be to PM me with a request for a badge, and indicate if you want your REAL NAME included along with your CorvetteFlorida handle. If anyone requests a badge and neglects to indicate they want their name included, I will assume that they do NOT.

Thanks!

2Vettes 10-26-2007 09:35 PM

I like the name tags, Rich. They look nice. I think adding the person's name is a good idea. I also like the t-shirt idea. I think for the shirts we should just go with the corvetteflorida logo on the shirt. If folks want to make them more personal they can do it as they wish. (We have a couple in our club that does the embroidering of our club shirts.) Makes them nice a personal. And, picking them up at a show is a good idea.
I'll go with the majority regarding how to do the name tags and shirts. Do we have a price yet? Steve, are you doing the shirts? Did I miss this somewhere?

Rich Z 10-26-2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes (Post 38465)
I like the name tags, Rich. They look nice. I think adding the person's name is a good idea. I also like the t-shirt idea. I think for the shirts we should just go with the corvetteflorida logo on the shirt. If folks want to make them more personal they can do it as they wish. (We have a couple in our club that does the embroidering of our club shirts.) Makes them nice a personal. And, picking them up at a show is a good idea.
I'll go with the majority regarding how to do the name tags and shirts. Do we have a price yet? Steve, are you doing the shirts? Did I miss this somewhere?

The name badges will be for free, since I am doing them myself. As for the T-shirts, I don't know yet. I'm sure the company doing them wants to make money for the effort.

Mortaci 10-27-2007 10:43 AM

Hi Rich,
Love the badge because nothing makes you feel more senile then not remembering someones name that you should remember. Then having that lost look on your face when they remember yours. Tee shirts are always great and it is impossible to have too many of them. Thanks for all the work you do:thumbsup:,
Mort
Citrus County Corvette Club

Rich427 10-27-2007 11:14 AM

Rich,

If you are going to make the badges, put me on the list. Both you and I have our first names in our user names, so I am not sure it is necessary to duplicate the name.

Linda, if Rich is going to have them at the UCP, would you mind picking mind up for me as well?

Thanks
Rich

2Vettes 10-27-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427 (Post 38509)
Rich,

If you are going to make the badges, put me on the list. Both you and I have our first names in our user names, so I am not sure it is necessary to duplicate the name.

Linda, if Rich is going to have them at the UCP, would you mind picking mind up for me as well?

Thanks
Rich

:thumbsup: No problem!

als2052 10-28-2007 10:29 AM

Rich, you can count me in for the badges and you may include my name and userid. Linda will pick mine up. Thanks Linda and Rich.

Armando

Shadow 10-28-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052 (Post 38578)
Rich, you can count me in for the badges and you may include my name and userid. Linda will pick mine up. Thanks Linda and Rich.

Armando

Same here Rich if you don't mind. Name and Screen Name.:thumbsup:

I'm registered for the UCP, but now the other half is wanting to go up to the sister in laws new lake house over in Polk County Some F'in where!:shrug01:

Just what I'd rather do on a beautiful day with one of the biggest vette shows in the state....sit around and look at another Florida lake!

Oh well, if I don't make it, Jim, would you mind picking it up for me?

Also informed Tommy that if I couldn't make it, to please let someone who wanted to attend and couldn't have the slot. I'll know more by about wednesday/thursday.

Gordon

ps. the T-shirts are a great idea. I have a friend that can put my name on it via thier computer printing business, so it's no big deal. Any way you make them is fine with me:thumbsup:

The wife did mention that if I bought one more T-shirt, she was leaving:( God I'm gonna miss her......:lmao:

JIM KILL 10-29-2007 07:44 AM

Idea!!

:shrug01: IDEA!!! :shrug01:

Rich has sent me Fliers to give out in the Goody Bags at the Ultimate Corvette Party. If a few of you can get together.... we can get you a Booth space at the show. You would need a tent, table and chairs and maybe 200 or so fliers. You can get a few of you to take turns manning the Booth during the show. If you can get a gang together.....Let us know...its only $100.00.

You could pick up your name tags at your own Booth!!!

www.michaeldye.com/

:D Jim :D

2Vettes 11-06-2007 07:56 PM

Rich
Do you have any more of those small lettered corvetteflorida.com decals that I put on the sides of the rear windows like in my avatar? The letters came off one side when I washed it the other day. One side is ok but the other now just says "corvette". If you have any could you bring them to the Ferman show?
Thanks

Rich Z 11-06-2007 08:11 PM

Linda,

Yes, I have five of them left. These later ones were made locally and I think the adhesive is better on them I had problems with the original decals I put on my car with letters lifting or blowing off completely. Once I showed up at AntiVenom with "Co vetteFlorida.com" on the windshield... :lmao:

Send me a reminder next week, please, so I don't forget. I think it's going to be pretty hectic around here since we are doing that Cypress Gardens show the weekend before Ferman.

Thanks.....

Oh, btw, anyone else want name badges? I need to make them up pretty soon...

Rich Z 11-12-2007 09:20 PM

LAST CALL ON NAME BADGES FOR THE FERMAN SHOW......

If you want me to print one up for you to bring to the show for you, I need to know REAL SOON........

And please let me know if you want your REAL name imprinted on the badge as well as your CFL handle.

I handed out some at the Cypress Gardens show this past weekend.....

THOR 11-12-2007 09:46 PM

Count me in. Call me Mark and MTE.SMILES. Thanks.

Curacao 11-13-2007 12:20 AM

Hey Rich,
You can count me in for the badges. :thumbsup:
Name: Tim and userid: Curacao
And if possible one for the wife. :thumbsup:
Name: Cheryl and userid: :shrug01:

Thanks

Tim
Tim's Toys :reddevil:

98 softtail 11-13-2007 12:47 AM

One more for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 40468)
LAST CALL ON NAME BADGES FOR THE FERMAN SHOW......

If you want me to print one up for you to bring to the show for you, I need to know REAL SOON........

And please let me know if you want your REAL name imprinted on the badge as well as your CFL handle.

I handed out some at the Cypress Gardens show this past weekend.....

Rich, since I have the 98 Softail badge, could you print me a bugman1 badge? I will see ya at the UCP on saturday. Thanks.

Joe B.

Shadow 11-13-2007 02:43 AM

Rich, I think I already responded but right now the pain in my lower back precludes clear thought or research:(

Gordon and Shadow

Also one for the wife, Lamora & IDK? Maybe Shadows shadow? Shadow's better half, you decide. If she doesn't like it and kills me in my sleep, at least the back pain will be gone!:rofl1:

Ms. AntiVenom 11-13-2007 08:59 AM

I will be wearing a shirt with my name on it, kinda:(

But I can put my extra stack of corvetteflorida flyers in my booth

Rich Z 11-13-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom (Post 40530)
I will be wearing a shirt with my name on it, kinda:(

But I can put my extra stack of corvetteflorida flyers in my booth

OK! Great! I sent a bunch of flyers to Jim Kill to include in the goodie bag for participants, but I would like to get walkin's snagged, if possible.

I'll bring over a short stack of flyers. I've already got name badges made up for you and Greg....

BTW, I had several people comment on the "AntiVenom" decal I have on my intercooler while at the Cypress Gardens show... :D

Thanks!

C5Rick 11-13-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 40548)
I had several people comment on the "AntiVenom" decal I have on my intercooler while at the Cypress Gardens show... :D

Thanks!

I don't have an intercooler :nonod:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tiVenom006.jpg

Rich Z 11-13-2007 01:20 PM

When I was a teenager with my '66 GTO, I put all my stickers on the inside of the hood. And I had a LOT of them.... :thumbsup: Back then everyone else was putting them on their windows, but I just wanted to be more low key about it and *surprise* the occasional guy who thought he could blow my doors off.... :hehehe:

Rich Z 11-13-2007 01:51 PM

BTW, you DON'T have to be a participant or vendor at the shows to wear your name CFL badge. Even if you are only going to be a walk-in, please consider getting and wearing a badge to help promote this site to onlookers.

Thanks!

C5Rick 11-13-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 40552)
When I was a teenager with my '66 GTO, I put all my stickers on the inside of the hood. And I had a LOT of them.... :thumbsup: Back then everyone else was putting them on their windows, but I just wanted to be more low key about it and *surprise* the occasional guy who thought he could blow my doors off.... :hehehe:

I want the opposite. I would just like to scare them away by appearance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 40556)
BTW, you DON'T have to be a participant or vendor at the shows to wear your name CFL badge. Even if you are only going to be a walk-in, please consider getting and wearing a badge to help promote this site to onlookers.
Thanks!

I have no problem wearing a CF tagger, though I'm not a 100% sure I'll be there yet. If I'm a no show I believe Bugman1 aka 98 softtail aka Joe B can pick it up for me.
Let's go with: C5Rick
I met up with Tim and a friend of his and went to a local cruise in last Saturday. I printed a dash sign with the CF logo on the top & bottom with my car info in the body. Thought it looked sharp printed on photo paper.

jcb_njb 11-13-2007 04:40 PM

Rich,

Would it be possible to make one for me (JCB_NJB, Jim) and give it to either Linda (2VETTES) or Rob (Backyard Mechanic). I'll see Rob on Sunday and Linda in a couple of weeks. I can't make it to Fermans but would like one for when I am at shows walking around.

Thanks.

Linda and Rob, Would you mind doing this for me?
Thanks.

Rich Z 11-13-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb_njb (Post 40573)
Rich,

Would it be possible to make one for me (JCB_NJB, Jim) and give it to either Linda (2VETTES) or Rob (Backyard Mechanic). I'll see Rob on Sunday and Linda in a couple of weeks. I can't make it to Fermans but would like one for when I am at shows walking around.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sure, I can do that. I need to print sheets in multiples of 8 names, so the more asking for them, the less likelihood that I will have any wasted sections of the sheets I am printing.

Or, if there is a large group of people in one location where it would be cost effective to mail a bunch of badges to a single address, I would be open for that option as well.

zzzona 11-13-2007 06:30 PM

Rich...Can you make up one that just says.. ZZZONA..?
Thanks

Classy 11-13-2007 06:33 PM

could I have one,classy-mary,thanks

"Backyard Mechanic" 11-13-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb_njb (Post 40573)
Rich,

Thanks.

Thanks.

No problem
I'll wear Jim's at the Fermans show:lmao::lmao::lmao::ack2:

jcb_njb 11-13-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" (Post 40583)
No problem

:lmao: You're Funny :lmao:

als2052 11-13-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" (Post 40583)
No problem

Hey Rob,

I will be seeing you on Sunday also. I think Linda is picking mine up but I do not know if she will be around Sunday so if you see her, get my badge as well...

Thanks,

Armando