The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ultimate Corvette Party meeting place (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8454)

2Vettes 11-11-2007 09:31 PM

Ultimate Corvette Party meeting place

It's this coming weekend. How about we meet before and drive in together like last year? We met at the McDonald's off I-75 on 60 last time didn't we? Where and when for this year??
Also, what's the final count on who's going?

vettejack 11-12-2007 08:34 AM

I'm heading over for the UCP approx 7.00 to 7.30 am. Anyone leaving from the Space Coast that would like to caravan over??

JIM KILL 11-12-2007 08:53 AM

Alittle Help!

If all are you are meeting up....McDonald's is a good place. Tons of Parking.
Gates open at 8:00am.......Looking forward to seeing all of you at show.
TampaBay Vettes is there to help you all we can.....just ask!!!!
:D Jim :D

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9751+A...0.061073&hl=en

Shadow 11-12-2007 08:57 AM

Jim,

Can we all park together or is is segmented some how?

I'll meet at the McD's if thats where people want to meet?

Anyone going from the Citrus Park/Carrollwood/Lutz area? We can caravan to the McD's:thumbsup:

C5Rick 11-12-2007 09:19 AM

I'm not entered,:nonod: but planning on heading up to snoop around, so if others don't mind, I could tag along :vette:
Is there a group from here heading up from here or abouts?

Kap142 11-12-2007 09:33 AM

Carrie and I will be traveling the I-4 corridor to 75 and south and we'd be delighted to hook up with other forum members to go in as a group. Mickey De's sound fine to us. We'll be jumping on I-4 south of the US 27 exit and anyone who'd like to can hook up at the 559 rest stop on I-4. Just name a time and we'll be there waiting. From that location it'll be maybe a 35-40 min run.

NASA is that going to be your path of travel?

Ken

THOR 11-12-2007 09:36 AM

Hey Rick, I 'm not sure what time we're leaving yet. Perhaps 7:00 am or so and then go to the McDonalds and meet up with Gordon perhaps. I haven't spoken with Joe or Deb. I'll try and give them a shout tonight or tomorrow. We could meet at US 19 just before the 275 turnoff. Just a thought. We are in the show and I think we need to get there before 8. Let me know. :thumbsup:

vettejack 11-12-2007 09:48 AM

Yes Ken, that is the path of travel!

I'll be starting off 528 to 417 (to avoid the bump and grind of Orlando), then picking up I-4. I usually stop at that mid point rest area anyways. So yea, if all works well, we can meet u there. About what time??

JIM KILL 11-12-2007 01:20 PM

Vendors Help!!

Vendors.......Please Note:

Setup:

Setup for Vendors will be on Friday, November 16th from 3 PM til 5:30 PM and on Saturday morning from 6 AM til 8 AM. Vendors with trailers or vans or large display booths are asked to setup on Friday to alleviate some of the traffic flow issues with cars on Saturday morning.

JIM KILL 11-12-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL (Post 40402)
Vendors.......Please Note:

Setup:

Setup for Vendors will be on Friday, November 16th from 3 PM til 5:30 PM and on Saturday morning from 6 AM til 8 AM. Vendors with trailers or vans or large display booths are asked to setup on Friday to alleviate some of the traffic flow issues with cars on Saturday morning.

OUR VENDORS:

CORVETTES ANONYMOUS
STARDOCK SYSTEMS
NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM
FLASH AUTO DETAIL PRODUCTS
THE RIM DOCTOR
CORVETTE CONCEPTS
VETTE WORKS INTERNATIONAL
ANTIVENOM
AUTO PAINT GUARD
FASTVETTE ACCESSORIES
EXCEL SCREEN PRINTING
BREATHLESS PERFORMANCE
EAST COAST CORVETTES
and MORE

2Vettes 11-12-2007 07:44 PM

So, how about 0800 at the MacDonald's on Jim's map? We can drive in and park together like last year. There will be vettes all over that place, you'll never get to park together if you don't drive in together. I'm coming up the night before and staying with friends in the area, so anytime is ok with me at the McDonald's. :thumbsup:
I'll need to leave shortly after lunch so I've got to make sure I'm not boxed in when I park.

Rich Z 11-12-2007 09:12 PM

Connie and I will be spending the night at the host hotel, so no problem meeting up with everyone. But Connie did bring up a suggestion when we were talking about meeting up with everyone to ride into the show.

The problem with meeting at McDonald's is that since it is on the same side of the road as the show and we need to travel West, we need to catch a light at the intersection of Adamo and Falkenburg, making a left onto Adamo, then driving down PAST the show and making a U-turn to get into the line for the show. So we have to hope that everyone gets through before the light change at the intersection AND that traffic heading East on Adamo while making that U-turn doesn't break up our group getting to the entrance.

Is there anywhere we can meet that is West of the show on Adamo and therefore would allow us to all pretty much stay together? Even meeting somewhere on the north side of Adamo would eliminate having to negotiate that light at the intersection and only leave the U-turn to deal with..... :shrug01:

2Vettes 11-12-2007 09:29 PM

That's a good idea, Rich. Maybe Jim can show us a map of what's west of Ferman where we can meet

zzzona 11-12-2007 10:11 PM

There is a MacDonalds at 7800 Palm River rd. It can be seen from the parking lot of RevXtreme...Only 5 minutes from Ferman..I believe you can take Palm River road east out of Macs and then go north on 301..right on Adamo and Ferman is on the right a couple of blocks... Or North on 78th and right on Adamo.....???? There is a shopping center at this intersection where the Macs is, so its easy to spot. Maybe Gordon or Jim know this area and can comment on this location...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...zipcode=#south

Rich Z 11-12-2007 11:03 PM

It sounds like there will be at least one, maybe two, red lights to negotiate that way. The whole idea of my suggestion is to try to limit breakups in our CFL train as much as possible. Something between 301 and Ferman on Adamo would be ideal.....

98 softtail 11-13-2007 12:32 AM

Aaarggghh

Quote:

Originally Posted by mte.smiles (Post 40361)
Hey Rick, I 'm not sure what time we're leaving yet. Perhaps 7:00 am or so and then go to the McDonalds and meet up with Gordon perhaps. I haven't spoken with Joe or Deb. I'll try and give them a shout tonight or tomorrow. We could meet at US 19 just before the 275 turnoff. Just a thought. We are in the show and I think we need to get there before 8. Let me know. :thumbsup:

As they say, if you arrive together you can park together. So how we gonna get all us CorvetteFlorida folks together?

I guess we could all meet at the McD's around 0800 and head out from there, you know there is going to be a HUGE line anyway. I hope there is going to be traffic control, the turn across Adamo into the place is not that bad, the people in front can let the parkers know how many in our group. We won't get seperated.

As for us folks heading North to get there, Why don't we meet at the usual place, the Hess Station at SR 70 and I-75 around 0700. We can head up I-75 from there, meet the rest of our gang at McD's, then cruise in together.

Let me know....

Joe B.
bugman1 a.k.a. (98 softail)

If you need to contact me, 941-780-3520(c) :dancer01:

Shadow 11-13-2007 02:47 AM

There's a gas station on the S/E corner of 301 and 60 (adamo dr/Brandon Blvd). From there, it's a straight shot with no lights to Ferman, same side of the road.

Can't really think of anything else between 301 & Ferman that doesn't include breaking a light.

JIM KILL 11-13-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes (Post 40469)
That's a good idea, Rich. Maybe Jim can show us a map of what's west of Ferman where we can meet

Why don't you all just meet at the actual Ferman Chevrolet Dealership...Its just west of the show. The show at is Ferman Mazda. No real Resturants west of the show.

If you meet at McDonalds, its just a U-Turn at Ferman and you are in to the Show. McDonalds would be better........just my Idea.

Kap142 11-13-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL (Post 40531)
Why don't you all just meet at the actual Ferman Chevrolet Dealership...Its just west of the show. The show at is Ferman Mazda. No real Resturants west of the show.

If you meet at McDonalds, its just a U-Turn at Ferman and you are in to the Show. McDonalds would be better........just my Idea.

Good grief this is getting to remind me of monkeys and footballs. I plan on being at McDonalds at 0800. Anyone who would care to join me will be gladly welcomed and I somehow think we'll collectively make it to the show just fine.

Ken

Rich Z 11-13-2007 12:59 PM

LAST CALL ON NAME BADGES FOR THE FERMAN SHOW......

If you want me to print one up for you to bring to the show for you, I need to know REAL SOON........

And please let me know if you want your REAL name imprinted on the badge as well as your CFL handle.

THOR 11-13-2007 04:38 PM

Hey Rich. my bride decided to go and if you have time she'd like a name badge. On my badge: MTE.SMILES and MARK: her badge-TAMRA. Many thanks and looking forward to meeting you finally. :thumbsup:

"Backyard Mechanic" 11-13-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap142 (Post 40544)
Good grief this is getting to remind me of monkeys and footballs. I plan on being at McDonalds at 0800. Anyone who would care to join me will be gladly welcomed and I somehow think we'll collectively make it to the show just fine.

Ken

I'm confused now:shrug01:We should all meet at that one street:lmao::lmao::lmao:

C5Rick 11-13-2007 06:17 PM

Confused

I thought it was St Rt 70 & I-75 :shrug01:

2Vettes 11-13-2007 06:57 PM

RichZ
Yes, I would like a name badge. 2Vettes and Linda would do me fine and thanks :thumbsup:

2Vettes 11-13-2007 07:01 PM

In case they don't read this post since they are not going, I know Rich427 (Rich) and Als2052 (Armando) asked me to pick up their name badges from this show.

als2052 11-13-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes (Post 40585)
In case they don't read this post since they are not going, I know Rich427 (Rich) and Als2052 (Armando) asked me to pick up their name badges from this show.

Linda,

Since I wont be seeing you Sunday @ Bonita and Rob (Backyard Mechanic) will be there, I told him that if he bumps into you to get my badge. Give him a hard time for the hell of it....:D

Thanks,

Armando

als2052 11-13-2007 07:51 PM

To all those heading to the UCP Saturday, wishing you all a safe trip, good weather and a good time. I will be preparing for the Vette Together the following day in Bonita Springs...

Armando

"Backyard Mechanic" 11-13-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052 (Post 40598)
Linda,

Since I wont be seeing you Sunday @ Bonita and Rob (Backyard Mechanic) will be there, I told him that if he bumps into you to get my badge. Give him a hard time for the hell of it....:D

Thanks,

Armando

:NoNo::nanana::icon_cheers:

2Vettes 11-13-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" (Post 40602)
:NoNo::nanana::icon_cheers:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/Hmmmcute.gif Armando says I'm supposed to give you a hard time.....http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...iles/think.gif I know I'll think of something to do.....:D

2Vettes 11-13-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 40491)
There's a gas station on the S/E corner of 301 and 60 (adamo dr/Brandon Blvd). From there, it's a straight shot with no lights to Ferman, same side of the road.

Can't really think of anything else between 301 & Ferman that doesn't include breaking a light.

I'm thinking this may be the way to go. Same side of the street so we wouldn't get broken up...??? Thoughts?

Curacao 11-13-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98 softtail (Post 40487)
As they say, if you arrive together you can park together. So how we gonna get all us CorvetteFlorida folks together?

I guess we could all meet at the McD's around 0800 and head out from there, you know there is going to be a HUGE line anyway. I hope there is going to be traffic control, the turn across Adamo into the place is not that bad, the people in front can let the parkers know how many in our group. We won't get seperated.

As for us folks heading North to get there, Why don't we meet at the usual place, the Hess Station at SR 70 and I-75 around 0700. We can head up I-75 from there, meet the rest of our gang at McD's, then cruise in together.

Let me know....

Joe B.
bugman1 a.k.a. (98 softail)

If you need to contact me, 941-780-3520(c) :dancer01:

I agree, but Joe the time for you should be 0630 so you will actually arrive on time at 0700 :lmao:

Tim
Tim's Toys :reddevil:

Shadow 11-14-2007 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curacao (Post 40623)
I agree, but Joe the time for you should be 0630 so you will actually arrive on time at 0700 :lmao:

Tim

Ouch!:eek:

JIM KILL 11-14-2007 07:11 AM

Looking Good For Saturday

:dancer01: Looking real good for Saturday. Bring a jacket for the early morning til the Sun comes out!!!! :dancer01:

ATTENTION TAMPABAYVETTE MEMBERS:

We have a Club meeting tonight Wednesday November 14th. After meeting we are doing "Goody Bags"....Please stay around and help...Pizza will be served.:ack2:

JIM KILL 11-14-2007 08:03 AM

Vendor Information and Stuff

Vendors:

We are only three days away from "The Ultimate Corvette Party" all Corvette Show and Sale this coming Saturday, November 17th. The weather is supposed to be beautiful although a little cool in the early morning hours so dress accordingly. If you have any questions regarding your space or participation in the show, please call Mike Dye at 813-781-3781 or Jim Kill at 813-695-2341.

You will have two contacts for setup this Friday and Saturday listed below. In addition, I am enclosing our Parking Manager's cellphone for your convenience.

We have a great New Vendor location this year in conjunction with the moving of the show slightly East of the Ferman New Car Dealership. Our Vendor space will be along the Ferman Service Road just to the East side of the Mazda Dealership out front along the road so you and your vehicles will have high visibility and plenty of space to spread out. Beginning at 5:30 AM on Saturday Morning, we will block of the Service Road in the area where you will exhibit and there will be Police at both ends to direct traffic. All Corvettes will now enter the lot at the new Ferman Corvette Accessories Building and this will be our Show Headquarters as well. If you have a trailer or Van/RV that requires you work from one side only, please call in advance so that we can direct you to the right entrance so that you will not have to turn around. We strongly urge you to setup Friday afternoon when we will have the flexibility to spend time getting you setup properly.

Setup times are this Friday between 3 & 5 PM for large Trailers or RV'S and anyone who wants to pre-stage their tent or cars. We will have a guard that will walk the area Friday night but please be aware that we are not responsible for any stolen, missing or damaged property whatsoever. If you do have an RV type vehicle and wish to spend the night in it, we have a space for you either pre-staged in front of the show or in the back of the fence behind the Mazda dealership.

Normal setup time will be from 6 AM till 9 AM on Saturday Morning, November 17th. and if you just have a tent to set up, this time will be fine. We will try to accommodate you as to space location as best we can but if you get there late, please do not expect to get your choice of locations.

Please do not forget our "Meet & Greet" on Friday evening at the Hilton Garden Inn, our Host Hotel. We will began gathering around 6 Pm and the Hotel is having a Corvette Buffet Dinner, Cash Bar and Karaoke Sing along beginning around 6:30 PM. If you are not already booked at the Hotel, I think they are sold out but please call to check. We have a contingency Hotel that they will recommend also. All the information is on the Vendor website @ www.michaeldye.com or www.corvetteparty.com .

Remember, we do not furnish tents, tables, chairs etc. You must bring your own stuff!

We will have four radio stations broadcasting live all day at the event so feel free to go up and talk to them and get your Company some free publicity. We will have a great band starting at noon and free door prizes given away all day long. Andy Pilgrim of C5R Racing fame will be there signing anything you want and of course we will have the third annual "Valve Cover Races"! We will also have plenty of great food and a wonderful day of talking and looking at Corvette's. Come by the Registration area at the Ferman Corvette Accessories Building early for free coffee and breakfast sandwiches!

Extremely Important!

If you have talked to us and make arrangements to either pay for your booth space (Cash/Check) at the show or have not shipped us your donation products, you will need to come to the Ferman Corvette Accessories Building immediately upon arrival. Vendors not paying for booth spaces will be asked to leave. Please see either Jim Kill or Myself ONLY!

Vendor Relations:

(1.) Jim Kill - 813-695-2341 (Cell), 813-936-0796 (Office)

(2.) Mike Dye - 813-781-3781 (Cell), 813-248-6211 (Office)

Parking Manager:

Tom Asbury - 813-784-5912

We are looking forward to a Great Show this Saturday. We have over 400 Corvettes Booked for the show so use the day to promote and sell your wares. Please feel free to contact either Jim Kill or me with any questions.

Thanks,

:D Mike Dye & Jim Kill :D

Mr. Blue 11-14-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 40549)
LAST CALL ON NAME BADGES FOR THE FERMAN SHOW......

If you want me to print one up for you to bring to the show for you, I need to know REAL SOON........

And please let me know if you want your REAL name imprinted on the badge as well as your CFL handle.

Rich Z:
Please make two for me and my wife,:
Glenn Smith- 'Mr. Blue'
"Love Is Blue" '66 Vette

&
Kat Miller-Smith
'Mrs. Blue'

Thanks and we both are anxious to see our Florida friends again...this time with ol' LOVE.

Has anyone made a firm decision as to exactly where we are all going to meet up to drive in together from and at what time to be WHERE? It seems like meeting @ 8AM is cutting it kind of tight for all those parking spaces and other clubs coming in. I've read a lot of suggestions, but has a firm decision been made yet?
Glenn

JIM KILL 11-14-2007 03:34 PM

Trying to help!!

Blue:

I am trying to help them and they are boucing all over the place. I think McDonalds at 7:00am was the last decision. Let's see if anyone else jumps in on this conversation. I am at the Show at 5:00am, so if you are completely frustrated, just come over and get in line. If you look in the above comments there is a map from me of Mickey D's. The Vette needs to be up front and if you come in early we can probably work that out....you have a trailer I know and it has to be unloaded. You can come over the night before you know and park the Vette. We have security all night. Mike Dye and I will be at Ferman at 3:00 til 5:30 on Friday.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9751+A...0.061073&hl=en

Mr. Blue 11-14-2007 03:44 PM

Jim,
Thanks for some advise.
I have been seriously thinking about doing the Friday thing and unloading then. As much as I would love to unload and drive in with the gang on Saturday morning, it is beginning to sound like a big cluster dump!
My only problem is my wife can't get off before 1PM, and with the Orlando traffic, I'm not sure I will be able to make it over there by the 5:30 slot, even the way I drive, but I'm going to give THAT a try, I think. We'll see how the traffic works out on a Friday thru Orlando on I-4 from Edgewater:ack2:
Look for us then.:wavey:
Thanks again, and be sure to let me know if anything else changes. Glenn:thumbsup:

98 softtail 11-14-2007 06:33 PM

Hardee Har Har!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curacao (Post 40623)

Tim

:lmao:, :rofl1:, :reddevil:

"Backyard Mechanic" 11-14-2007 06:52 PM

We need to vote:

Where are we meeting?

Where ever it is,we will be there around 7am,just let me know,please.:ack2::shrug01:

2Vettes 11-14-2007 06:59 PM

Jim, did you say the show was east of the Ferman dealership? If that's the case, we could meet at Ferman's and then drive the short way to the show, no?