The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Hillbillies and Site Problems (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49986)

Shadow 09-04-2010 01:20 PM

Hillbillies and Site Problems

Ok, tried to log in this morning and got a vBulletin "love note" stating I had "missing information in my profile", and that I needed to update the information in my profile...?:shrug01:

So...for S & G's I hit the "new post" button like I always do, and SSSD..."missing information in your profile. Please update your profile information..."

So, I try to go to the User CP to correct it.
I click on the UserCP and get: "you have missing information in your profile...":lmao:

Couldn't get to the board because of the profile, couldn't get to the profile to fix it, because of the board????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

While I'm waiting for a call back from someone:toetap05::toetap05:I get a call from one of our members regarding the problem.

Here's the fix:

You have to run your curser across the message until it hits the part that you click on to take you to the profile!:rolleyes:

*(Hint)* It'd be nice if it were underlined or highlighted:rolleyes: for us technologically challenged types:lmao:

It only took a damned Hillbilly from the Carolinas to help me figure out how to get back here!:rofl1::rofl1:

Thanks Jesse!!:thumbsup::wavey:

PS- Not sure why I'm writing this other than humor?
If you're reading it, you probably already got it figured out:D

Too much light out here...
......I'm going back to my cave......

Riceman 09-04-2010 01:27 PM

Thanks Shadow, I had the same message and it took me a while to figure it out. It needs a better direction on to properly filling what's needed. Darth Johnson. :thumbsup:
P.S. I like the name on your signature.:thumbsup:

Mark Dalton 09-04-2010 01:59 PM

Had the same issue. I clicked on "private messages" underneath the banner up top below where it says "welcome so and so". That took me to the pm page and on the left is a link that says "edit your details". Click on that and it takes you to the page that allows you to enter the "required" info. I'm sure there are a number of ways to do it but that one worked for me.:shrug01:

gmjunkie 09-04-2010 02:04 PM

I really are more than just another purdy face!! :D

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...4&d=1206192423

:lmao:

Shadow 09-04-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmjunkie (Post 121432)
I really are more than just another purdy face!! :D

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...4&d=1206192423
:lmao:

You're damned gorgeous Jesse! And that new Fall headwear....simply stunning!

Shadow 09-04-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dalton (Post 121430)
Had the same issue. I clicked on "private messages" underneath the banner up top below where it says "welcome so and so". That took me to the pm page and on the left is a link that says "edit your details". Click on that and it takes you to the page that allows you to enter the "required" info. I'm sure there are a number of ways to do it but that one worked for me.:shrug01:

Probalbly so Mark.

I had a PM and tried clicking on that and got the same message as before!:banghead:
:shrug01:

glad everyone's getting it worked out. Just wanted to have a little fun with it at my own expense:D

Mark Dalton 09-04-2010 03:00 PM

The 'puter just don't like you Gordon.:D

Shadow 09-04-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dalton (Post 121436)
The 'puter just don't like you Gordon.:D

Eh, what's new?:D

Rich Z 09-04-2010 05:28 PM

Sorry guys! Did some changes in the admin section for profile fields and apparently there were unintended consequences. Hopefully I've got them straightened out now.

The FULL NAME field will only be required during new registrations and during profile edits. If anyone doesn't care to provide that information, simply put "N/A" there. At this point it is really only relevant to those who wish to post in the Board of Inquiry forum.

Bob K 09-04-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 121434)
Probalbly so Mark.

I had a PM and tried clicking on that and got the same message as before!:banghead:
:shrug01:

glad everyone's getting it worked out. Just wanted to have a little fun with it at my own expense:D

Hmmm, I didn't have any problems logging in this morning. I do like your sig though. How about testing it and seeing if you can post in the BOI? What if I signed up and said my name was Bubba Smith? Could I then post in the BOI? No sir, I'm not trying to stir the sh-t. :rofl1:Just curious. :shrug01::rofl1: