The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   427 engine (part 2) - RHS block (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44697)

shakedown067 06-11-2010 10:10 AM

Damn, another week down.

Rich Z 06-11-2010 10:45 AM

Captain's Log - Stardate Thursday, 06/10/2010

Chris called this morning to tell me that the new headers came in but one of them had a dent in one of the primary tubes, apparently caused by UPS. So he was going to be running out to UPS to file a claim.

He also said that he needed to order a new set of fuel rails, as the ones he got were not compatible with the FAST 102 intake. Apparently this slipped by him when we decided on the FAST intake midstream.

Wasn't any sense in me running out there.

Rich Z 06-11-2010 10:51 AM

Captain's Log - Stardate Friday, 06/11/2010

Just got off the phone with Chris.

He's got the fuel rails ordered and they will be in sometime on Monday. He said the UPS claim was filed, but I didn't ask about an ETA for a replacement.

Still waiting to hear back from Josh about the throttle body.

Chris said he has to run out to pick up a car with a broken tranny using a flatbed, so not sure what will be done on my car today. I asked him to please get everything done that can be done so the car can be started up next week. We're BOTH just really tired of all this by now.

In any event, Connie and I have some errands to run today, so I'm not planning on going out to the shop.

vetteguy61 06-11-2010 09:02 PM

Was out to see Chris today. Sure was nice to see your car with wheels and a motor. LME shipped out my motor yesterday.The end is nearing for me too Rich.

Rich Z 06-11-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetteguy61 (Post 116576)
Was out to see Chris today. Sure was nice to see your car with wheels and a motor. LME shipped out my motor yesterday.The end is nearing for me too Rich.

Yeah, man. Good to hear that your motor is on the way. Keeping a car stock doesn't sound all that bad of a plan now, eh?

I'm hoping I'll be able to hear mine come to life this up coming week. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on this (Does anyone doubt I have been patient enough with this?), but it's beginning to wear on both Connie and myself. We've had most of our lives on hold because of this for the past nearly 8 months. This has got to come to an end real soon. Enough is enough....

shakedown067 06-11-2010 10:12 PM

I can only imagine Rich. When I eventually do an engine swap in mine, I'll make sure my wife is good and prepared for the car to be gone for quite some time. Although, I doubt mine will be anywhere near involved as yours is. Good luck on hearing her run next week!

vetteguy61 06-12-2010 01:42 AM

If I had mine to do over again it sure wouldn't be done at Xtreme Motorsports!!!!!

Rich Z 06-12-2010 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetteguy61 (Post 116594)
If I had mine to do over again it sure wouldn't be done at Xtreme Motorsports!!!!!

Perhaps so, but that sort of discussion is not appropriate within this thread, please. That is for the Board of Inquiry forum. However, please note the new rule that your full name must be provided to post there. There will be no more anonymous posting allowed in that forum.

Rich Z 06-15-2010 12:48 AM

Captain's Log - Stardate Monday, 06/14/2010

Today I had the air conditioning unit in the house replaced, so that took up the entire day and I could not run out to Chris's place.

I tried calling his cell number twice, leaving voice mails, and emailed once to try to find out the status of my car and what has been done, with the hope that perhaps the car can get started up for the first time on Tuesday. Unfortunately I didn't hear anything from Chris the entire day, so I am pretty much in the dark as to where things sit at the moment.

Hopefully I will hear back from him on Tuesday....

vetteguy61 06-15-2010 07:34 AM

me 383

Hi Rich,

Chris wasn't at the shop yesterday. The truck with my motor tried to deliver it but the shop was closed. I had to call the trucking office and see if they would deliver it today.I plan on being there at 10am today.Chris better show up.

Mike