The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road Outside of Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Driving to NY for thanksgiving (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52283)

Tampa Tuning 11-11-2010 08:38 AM

Driving to NY for thanksgiving

For the 25th time, Ill be driving back and forth from Florida and NY. Every year I say im not going to do that again..............................But a year or two will pass and I make the trip again.

Northern Virginia to Rockland County, NY is the worst. Has anyone made the northern trip in the last couple months that can inform me of the traffic patterns?
Thanks
Phil

navy2kcoupe 11-11-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning (Post 125670)
Has anyone made the northern trip in the last couple months that can inform me of the traffic patterns?
Thanks
Phil

Yeah, basically the traffic from about Washington DC all the way north into Maine,
SUX :thumbsdown:
Got a buddy coming up from Cape Coral next week, and I'll ask him how it was
and post his reply here whenever I get it. The Northeast corridor (DC to Boston) is
really the worst part. From Richmond, south, it's a lot more "pleasurable" to drive.
Andy :wavey:

Tampa Tuning 11-11-2010 11:51 AM

thanks
i know the drive 5 hours fro NY to tampa will be a parking lot hell:banghead::banghead:

Tampa Tuning 11-17-2010 02:39 PM

Tampa Tuning Best Tuner price for Corvette C5 C6 Camaro Gen5 GTO Firebird WS6 TransAm

www.TampaTuning.com

Ill be in Rockland County, NY if you know anyone that wants their LS motor tuned while im in town.

navy2kcoupe 11-17-2010 05:41 PM

My buddy is on the way back now. Just talked to him and he is in NC. He says that the traffic is not too bad, but that there are police everywhere! He said that he's never seen that many law enforcement people/cars in Georgia on ANY of his trips up and back. I'll talk to him again this weekend and get the entire picture.
Andy :wavey:

Rich Z 11-17-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning (Post 125682)
thanks
i know the drive 5 hours fro NY to tampa will be a parking lot hell:banghead::banghead:

If you can tune your car to do a trip from NY to Tampa in 5 hours, then we NEED to talk.....

mickeystoysz16 11-17-2010 06:19 PM

Phil,
Where at in Rockland Co are you going? I went to school up there not to far up the Palisades Parkway and 9W between Bear Mountain State Park and Newburgh, NY. ;)

RevXtreme 1 11-17-2010 10:28 PM

When we used to do that drive with the race rig (Frieghtlines Columbia based 40' toter with 32' Stacker, and 6' tounge was $12-14 ft over legnth already and that traffic took years of our lives every time.

Be safe Phil & see you when you get back. Happy Thanksgiving!

ironhorse 11-18-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 126115)
If you can tune your car to do a trip from NY to Tampa in 5 hours, then we NEED to talk.....

:lmao::lmao:

Tampa Tuning 11-18-2010 09:13 AM

Tampa Tuning Best Tuner price for Corvette C5 C6 Camaro Gen5 GTO Firebird WS6 TransAm

I grew up in New City, and used to get hammered at the bear mountain inn when it was $7.00 all you can drink.

Im going to my sister's house in Pearl River, NY. Just over the NJ border

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 (Post 126116)
Phil,
Where at in Rockland Co are you going? I went to school up there not to far up the Palisades Parkway and 9W between Bear Mountain State Park and Newburgh, NY. ;)