The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Decent family buffets within 100 miles of Tampa? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1631)

Gannet 01-05-2007 08:31 PM

Decent family buffets within 100 miles of Tampa?

I don't usually go to family buffets so I know zilch about them. But I'd like to find a few good ones to maybe use as destinations for a TBV breakfast cruise. Help me out, people! :)

coolassbrad 01-05-2007 09:09 PM

buddy freddys in brandon or plant city resturants are clean and food is always fresh then there is sheppards on clearwater beach,but they insist on valet parking your car whih doesnt sit well with me

JIM KILL 01-06-2007 07:46 AM

Tampa Palms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannet
I don't usually go to family buffets so I know zilch about them. But I'd like to find a few good ones to maybe use as destinations for a TBV breakfast cruise. Help me out, people! :)

We have had are best luck at Country Clubs.
Lots of parking and service is fast!!!

:thumbsup: We should try Tampa Palms Golf and Country Club:thumbsup:

Grand Breakfast Buffet
9:30 - 1:30 pm
$10.95++ adults
$6.50++ kids 5 - 12
$1.95++ kids under 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How about a Saturday Cruise in lieu of Sunday and go to Classic Corvettes in Tarpon Springs..All we need to do is find a resturant up there! We at TBV went a few years ago and was a great experience.

www.classiccorvettes.com

They are open to the public six days a week:
Monday through Friday, 9 - 6, and Saturday, 10 -5.
(727) 945-1500!
They gave us a discount on door cover charge!

Jim

Hot BluZ 01-06-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL
We have had are best luck at Country Clubs.
Lots of parking and service is fast!!!

:thumbsup: We should try Tampa Palms Golf and Country Club:thumbsup:

Grand Breakfast Buffet
9:30 - 1:30 pm
$10.95++ adults
$6.50++ kids 5 - 12
$1.95++ kids under 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How about a Saturday Cruise in lieu of Sunday and go to Classic Corvettes in Tarpon Springs..All we need to do is find a resturant up there! We at TBV went a few years ago and was a great experience.

www.classiccorvettes.com

They are open to the public six days a week:
Monday through Friday, 9 - 6, and Saturday, 10 -5.
(727) 945-1500!
They gave us a discount on door cover charge!

Jim

Our club went there in July, very nice, and we then toured Mr. Wiseman's private collection at his house. He has three huge garaged filled with classic cars and motorcylces. Mr. Wiseman personally gave the tour at his house. I believe they do this one per month, but you have to call ahead and make reservations, I think they have a minimum number of people, we had about 80, needed to do the tour, which is included in the price of the Showroom.

I don't know about places to eat in the area, however.

Pres712 01-06-2007 10:20 AM

Golden Corral

On the weekends I don't think you can beat the Golden Corral for the best "bang for the buck". And as mentioned, Buddy Freddys is always a safe bet too. :thumbsup:

ynkedad 01-06-2007 05:26 PM

Well now...

We were all set one day to eat at the Golder Corral here, when 3 ladies who were on their way out, were hootin' and hollering:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: about how they witnessed a cook sipping (tasting) off a spoon then putting it back into the pot.:ack2:
We then elected to hop back into the car :vette: and feed our faces elsewhere:D
I'm sure it happens at a lot of restaurants, I just won't eat where it's been witnessed!:thumbsdown:

C5STATETROOPER 04-07-2007 11:17 PM

Fred's Market in Lakeland, Fl . . . . the best!