The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Z06Fever! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Sheeeeeeh, can't tell a soul..... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102073)

Kap142 07-24-2014 03:37 PM

Sheeeeeeh, can't tell a soul.....

Yesterday on an unnamed local LE driving track I was able to sneak the Z in for a quick road course lap (my first time ever) and damn it was fun.

Gonna have to figure out how to keep my friends from getting in trouble for it but I gotta find a way to go back. The road hugging ability of my Z wearing Portenzas and some more seat time could make for a pure set of brass balls (oops I said it.).
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

vett boy 07-24-2014 04:16 PM

Good for you .:thumbsup: Careful you might get the fever.

Kap142 07-25-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 187983)
Good for you .:thumbsup: Careful you might get the fever.

It would be so easy to catch that fever.:shrug01:

Rich Z 07-25-2014 12:47 PM

Yeah, man. I'd be afraid that the fever wouldn't break when I got back out onto public highways. :hehehe:

Rich427 07-25-2014 05:35 PM

Ken, it is an illness that has to be dealt with carefully because it can have a serious drain on your bank account. That said, you really need to allocate a few bucks and go out to Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada. This is where the Ron Fellows Corvette Driving School is located. Fantastic track with great, professional instruction, plus, you get to hammer their new C7s and leave your Z06 at home! This school is the most fun you will have with your clothes on! Ask me how I know :crazy03:

Kap142 07-26-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427 (Post 187998)
Ken, it is an illness that has to be dealt with carefully because it can have a serious drain on your bank account. That said, you really need to allocate a few bucks and go out to Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada. This is where the Ron Fellows Corvette Driving School is located. Fantastic track with great, professional instruction, plus, you get to hammer their new C7s and leave your Z06 at home! This school is the most fun you will have with your clothes on! Ask me how I know :crazy03:

Wow Rich that sounds like great fun. A C7, a pro track and me driving. I could hang that picture on my wall. I bet it would beat any LEO school I ever went to or taught too.

Is it safe to say (only small pun intended) that you sat in that seat?:yesnod:

Rich427 07-27-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap142 (Post 188003)
Wow Rich that sounds like great fun. A C7, a pro track and me driving. I could hang that picture on my wall. I bet it would beat any LEO school I ever went to or taught too.

Is it safe to say (only small pun intended) that you sat in that seat?:yesnod:

Yeah I did Ken! I was there for the 3 day school the first week in June. Pahrump, NV is about 45 miles outside of Las Vegas. They have a huge track that can be segmented into multiple tracks. I was on the 2.1 mile, 10 turn course. I have had road course instruction in the past, and had my NCCC high speed license about 10 years ago, but this was the best instruction I ever had. Plus, I did not have to pound my own Z06, or use my own brakes and tires. That alone was a big deal to me.

When the C7s came out GM decided to enter into some sort of arrangement with Spring Mountain, and for new C7 buyers the class is discounted significantly. They did the same thing when they were selling the ZR1s. But, after attending the level 1 school, I will go back and do the level 2 class even though the discount does not apply to this. That's how good it was. I have not heard one negative from anyone that has gone out and taken the course. Well worth it.

If you think you would be interested let me know and I will shoot you a PM with more specific info.

Rich

Kap142 07-27-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427 (Post 188006)
Yeah I did Ken! I was there for the 3 day school the first week in June. Pahrump, NV is about 45 miles outside of Las Vegas. They have a huge track that can be segmented into multiple tracks. I was on the 2.1 mile, 10 turn course. I have had road course instruction in the past, and had my NCCC high speed license about 10 years ago, but this was the best instruction I ever had. Plus, I did not have to pound my own Z06, or use my own brakes and tires. That alone was a big deal to me.

When the C7s came out GM decided to enter into some sort of arrangement with Spring Mountain, and for new C7 buyers the class is discounted significantly. They did the same thing when they were selling the ZR1s. But, after attending the level 1 school, I will go back and do the level 2 class even though the discount does not apply to this. That's how good it was. I have not heard one negative from anyone that has gone out and taken the course. Well worth it.

If you think you would be interested let me know and I will shoot you a PM with more specific info.

Rich

Rich, yes please send me a few more details.

Ken

THOR 08-05-2014 10:45 AM

Ken and NASCAR here we come. Make room for car #44. :dancer01::thumbsup:

navy2kcoupe 08-05-2014 08:55 PM

More like Car 54, as in Car 54 where are you? from back in the day.......:hehehe:
Andy :wavey: