The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Shop in Tampa to lower car? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=909)

canuck9 10-13-2006 09:43 PM

Shop in Tampa to lower car?

I need a shop to lower my car, cut the bushings, longer bolts in rear and install frame savers. Having a place that can align it at the same time would be great. I'm in the Tampa area. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Michael

JIM KILL 10-14-2006 06:08 AM

TAMPA HELP!!

:thumbsup: "ANDRY" CAN DO IT FOR YOU!!!:thumbsup:

MEET US TONIGHT AT DALE MABRY AND BEARSS NEXT TO PIZZA HUT AT AROUND 5:30 TO 6:00 AND DISCUSS WITH HIM.

WE MEET EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT TO TALK TRASH AND DRINK BEER!!:ack2:

YOU BRING THE BEER, IT'S YOUR TURN!!!!!

MADN3SS 10-14-2006 07:01 AM

I had mine lowered at AntiVenom. He doesn't do alignments, but he may send it to someone. I aligned mine after the fact.

exile 10-14-2006 06:58 PM

As a matter of fact, I think you're suppose to wait a few days for the suspension to settle before aligning all four wheels............:) Tom

Z06 Rocket 10-14-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exile
As a matter of fact, I think you're suppose to wait a few days for the suspension to settle before aligning all four wheels............:) Tom

I've heard that too. I was going to follow the recomendation to drive 100 or so miles before I get mine aligned when I lower mine.

canuck9 10-14-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL
:thumbsup: "ANDRY" CAN DO IT FOR YOU!!!:thumbsup:

MEET US TONIGHT AT DALE MABRY AND BEARSS NEXT TO PIZZA HUT AT AROUND 5:30 TO 6:00 AND DISCUSS WITH HIM.

WE MEET EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT TO TALK TRASH AND DRINK BEER!!:ack2:

YOU BRING THE BEER, IT'S YOUR TURN!!!!!

Sorry, I'm out of town but thanks for the offer.
Michael

MADN3SS 10-15-2006 07:42 AM

I waited about 3-4 weeks after I lowered it to have it aligned. I didn't cut any bushings or anything, just lowered on stock bolts. Should have been enough time to settle.

Shadow 10-15-2006 04:21 PM

Andreh can do what your asking. He's very reasonable and very meticulous. Besides, if you can show up on a saturday afternoon as Jim suggested, you may get to help with the "operation":)

Thats always fun:thumbsup:

As far as the alignment, Jim I don't think he has a rack does he? There is a shop on MacDill and Bay to Bay that is top notch in alignments and suspension work. There's also "The Corvette Shop" on Dale MAbry near Cypress. Mike and Jen are friends of Andrehs so he may suggest them anyway. They do good work. A little pricey and Jenn has been a biatch to me on occasion so I don't care much for her personally. That aside, I'd still get with Andreh and check him out.

Gordon

Rich Z 10-16-2006 12:33 AM

Man, how do you guys get by with lowering your vettes? I feel that mine is low enough as it is just being stock! The front air dam wouldn't even clear a box turtle on the road. And I hear slight scrapes just pulling into and out of some parking areas. And there are some roads with some really wicked "calming humps" (yes, that is what they call them!) in the road!

What in the world do you do about that sort of problem?

exile 10-16-2006 01:42 AM

Rich, anytime I approach a speed bump or driveway and think I may drag the bottom, I approach said bump at a 45* angle :) ..........Tom

PS: I haven't lowered either, factory has it just right