The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pray for our son (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10779)

"Backyard Mechanic" 12-21-2007 08:36 PM

Pray for our son

Will it's been so CRAZY here latley.Work has slowed down this year and I have only made 1/4 of what I made last year:eek:The econmony sucks and only getting worst,We have been really hanging on,but with the Lords help we will make it.

We have found out our oldest one[Evan] 23yrs old has just joined the Army for 6 years and is leaving in Jan 08.He has bootcamp then school,Will be gone for 5-6 months,then who knows where they will send him,hopefully not where I think,but who knows.Then we found out we will be grandparents in June 08,He got his girlfriend pregant,and we are hopeing he does the right thing and marry's her before he leaves.It all alot to take in has a parent,being a former Marine in Desert Storm I know what is ahead for him and his new family.We just pray for his safe return home and hopefully it all will work out for the better.

Sorry I have not been around latly but I just set around shaking my head and asking myself "What did I do to deserve all this?"His poor mother can't sleep anymore worring herself to death.

So I ask all my corvette friends if you are the praying type, to pray for our son's safety and allow him to come home.
I have no problem with the choice he has made,just the reason why he made them.Sorry about all this depressing news.

Happy holidays to all of you and your families,and may you all have a great new years.I sure miss you all,Man I need to get away for awhile.:ack2::ack2:

SteveK 12-21-2007 09:07 PM

Just remember that the Lord will not give you more than you can handle. Just reach for His guidance to help you through. We will pray for you and your son.

Gary S 12-21-2007 09:59 PM

I wish you son and his new family the best. I hope the economy also picks up. My wife is a realtor and she went from making lots of money to making next to none at all.

gmjunkie 12-21-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" (Post 45733)
Will it's been so CRAZY here latley.Work has slowed down this year and I have only made 1/4 of what I made last year:eek:The econmony sucks and only getting worst,We have been really hanging on,but with the Lords help we will make it.

We have found out our oldest one[Evan] 23yrs old has just joined the Army for 6 years and is leaving in Jan 08.He has bootcamp then school,Will be gone for 5-6 months,then who knows where they will send him,hopefully not where I think,but who knows.Then we found out we will be grandparents in June 08,He got his girlfriend pregant,and we are hopeing he does the right thing and marry's her before he leaves.It all alot to take in has a parent,being a former Marine in Desert Storm I know what is ahead for him and his new family.We just pray for his safe return home and hopefully it all will work out for the better.

Sorry I have not been around latly but I just set around shaking my head and asking myself "What did I do to deserve all this?"His poor mother can't sleep anymore worring herself to death.

So I ask all my corvette friends if you are the praying type, to pray for our son's safety and allow him to come home.
I have no problem with the choice he has made,just the reason why he made them.Sorry about all this depressing news.

Happy holidays to all of you and your families,and may you all have a great new years.I sure miss you all,Man I need to get away for awhile.:ack2::ack2:

Know what your saying about the economy,My sales are down 85% from last year!! Service work is plenty if I wanted to set and wait for my $$,Everybody's wanting work done but want me to take payments!! I'm not a bank,so I've just been doing some Insurance Collision work!! My son in law just got out of the Army in April with permanent disabling Injuries from 2 stints in Iraq,still hasn't got any $$$ coming in from the Army,Just the jerk around!! If this is the way our Country treats our disabled service men after putting there life on the line,It's time to start a new Country!!!:toetap05::toetap05:Hang in there,It's got to get better!!! Our prayers are with you, and yours!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:Happy Holidays!!

Shadow 12-21-2007 11:25 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family and his.

Doing the "right thing" may not mean a marriage. It may mean simply helping to support the child he fathered.

Either way, I pray they will make whatever decision is best for both of them and the child.

Rich Z 12-22-2007 02:12 AM

Our prayers are with you. The Lord does things for a reason. Doesn't mean we will understand or agree with them always.........

Shadow 12-22-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 45747)
Our prayers are with you. The Lord does things for a reason. Doesn't mean we will understand or agree with them always.........

Very true Rich, very true...

Kap142 12-22-2007 07:23 AM

You guys and your son will always be in our prayers. We are always here to help any way we can.

Pres712 12-22-2007 08:19 AM

Prayers

Star & I wish you all the best and we will keep all of you in our prayers whenever we can. Star has a son in the Air Force who served in Iraq. He didn't see "action" as he is a pilot and only shuffled supplies back and forth. As far as "doing the right thing". I'm with Shadow, I married my first wife at 19 and it lasted 4 years. BUT, the best thing is I now have a 47 year old son who is my best buddy and is also in our Corvette Club owning an '04 Vert! So back in '60 things didn't look great but look at them now! Plus I now have 2 grandchildren from him!!! Things will get better! :wavey:

ynkedad 12-22-2007 09:04 AM

Rob,

You guys are already in our thoughts and now will be in our prayers:thumbsup:.