The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Another political rant... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24367)

thebeepster 12-15-2008 04:09 PM

Another political rant...

It was announced today that Caroline Kennedy may likely be appointed to fill the Senate seat vacated by Hillary Clinton. I am indeed delighted to have yet another person with such depth of experience making crucial decisions in Washington...may God help us!:banghead:

Rich Z 12-15-2008 04:14 PM

Well, if the people in New York didn't VOTE Hillary into office (which would make THEM the dumbasses), then how did she get there, not even really being a long term resident of that state? :rolleyes:

Shadow 12-15-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 78320)
Well, if the people in New York didn't VOTE Hillary into office (which would make THEM the dumbasses), then how did she get there, not even really being a long term resident of that state? :rolleyes:

The governor of the state can appoint someone to fill the seat of an outgoing senator between elections.

Just as the governor of Illinois tried to do when filling Obama's vacated seat:rofl1:

Looks like both of them have choosen poorly....

thebeepster 12-15-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 78320)

Amen...maybe someone on here from NY can help us understand this.

Hey, anyone here from Mass.?? How do we get Ted Kennedy and Barney Frank year after year??

Z06 Rocket 12-15-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeepster (Post 78323)

Hey, anyone here from Mass.?? How do we get Ted Kennedy and Barney Frank year after year??

EXTREME LEFT WING LIBERALISM.

vett boy 12-15-2008 07:25 PM

It' s about the country felling in debt to JFK and his family.Keep in mine who got us involved in the Viet Nam war .A drug addict ,a womanizer ,a father that was a boot -legger ,a brother that couldn't drive and would make a deal with the devil.

als2052 12-15-2008 08:38 PM

Next thing we will hear is that OJ is running for office from behind bars....

85vette 12-15-2008 08:50 PM

Probably Parole Board Commissioner...:lmao:

navy2kcoupe 12-15-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeepster (Post 78323)

Believe me..........I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THEM!
I've lived here for almost 35 years, and NEVER once voted for either.
Andy :wavey:

floridaZ 12-15-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeepster (Post 78314)
It was announced today that Caroline Kennedy may likely be appointed to fill the Senate seat vacated by Hillary Clinton.

So... what did she do to piss you off? I haven't heard of her before. And given her name, I won't worry. She'll be dead soon anyway.:hehehe:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Just as the governor of Illinois tried to do when filling Obama's vacated seat:rofl1:

You telling me that Jesse Jackson wasn't your first choice? Personally, I was pulling for Michael Jackson. He'd probably do as good a job as anyone. And there wouldn't be any homeless boys in DC!