The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Navigation Radio Bulletin (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2519)

Lou G 04-28-2007 02:46 PM

Navigation Radio Bulletin

I just read in an old C5/C6 Registry magazine that there is a Navigation Radio Bulletin to fix the FM static issue :shrug01: and modifies the CD player to accept MP3 file CDs. Supposedly, because the MP3 file add is not considered a product problem, some dealerships are charging for this.
Anyone knows anything about this?

navy2kcoupe 04-28-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou G
I just read in an old C5/C6 Registry magazine that there is a Navigation Radio Bulletin to fix the FM static issue :shrug01: and modifies the CD player to accept MP3 file CDs. Supposedly, because the MP3 file add is not considered a product problem, some dealerships are charging for this.
Anyone knows anything about this?

Don't know anything about it, but I WOULD be interrested in having the CD player made MP3 capable. That would be great for me!
Andy :wavey:

Lou G 04-30-2007 04:57 PM

This is what I have been able to find. It was issued Dec '05 and it says it is only for '05 Vettes. I have an '06. I might give the local Service Manager a call and see what's up.

Service Bulletin #: 05-08-44-014A
Date: December 9, 2005
Subject: ASI Resolution - Poor and/or No Radio Reception, Intermittent Static on FM with Navigational Radio System (Update Radio Software)
Model(s): 2005 Chevrolet Corvette (Domestic and Export) with Navigation Radio
Condition
Some customers may comment on the following conditions:
• Static is heard on stations with an otherwise strong signal, after the ignition is turned on.
• The radio is unable to stop at specific stations when using the "seek" function.
Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE RADIO
Important: The software is updated using a CD, not through SPS programming. New software, P/N 15853651, can be obtained from GMSPO. Dealers should retain the service CD for future use.
The software update will do the following:
• Modify the signal interface with the ARS module to correct the reception condition.
• Add an on-screen message to remind the customer that a destination is required before a route can be planned.

Add MP3 functionality.

The navigation/radio software, P/N 15853651, should be updated using the following procedure:
Important:
• This software can ONLY be used for updating the 2005 Corvette navigation radio, P/N 15263014. Do not use these CDs to update any other vehicle's navigation radio. The radio part number can be verified via the Tech 2®.
• Software CDs and a Tech 2® are required to complete this procedure.