The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road in Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cedar Key, July, 2010 (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52397)

Rich Z 11-14-2010 03:34 AM

Cedar Key, July, 2010

Finally getting around to some video I took a while back and this is some that I took while Connie and I were in Cedar Key back in July.

Shadow 11-14-2010 07:08 AM

Very nice Rich, thanks for putting that up:thumbsup:

I love Cedar Key. Unfortunately, it's been years and years since I've been there:nonod:

When I get the Landcruiser running, it's one of the places on my "bucket list" of Florida sights, to "explore" with the Grandaughter.:thumbsup:

als2052 11-14-2010 02:58 PM

Was there last month during the Silver Springs Car Show...nice quiet place to put down roots...

mickeystoysz16 11-14-2010 05:45 PM

Thanks for sharing Rich we went back in Oct with the NPD cruise and meet a couple of the members from S. FL We at Lunch a the oysterbar and had one of the best grouper sandwiches ever. The only thing is there is no beach but great fishing.

Bob K 11-14-2010 06:55 PM

Now I know where Cedar Key is thanks to Trip Maker. :D

navy2kcoupe 11-14-2010 07:27 PM

Nice video! The only problem is that it's now on the long (and getting longer) list of places I would like to visit in Florida :yesnod: . Probably ain't gonna see them all, BUT I SURE AM GONNA TRY :thumbsup::D !!!!!
Andy :wavey:

Rich Z 03-05-2011 11:22 PM

Connie and I took a cruise with the Cruisin Corvettes group out of Tallahassee down to Cedar Key today. I think there were 13 or so cars that made the cruise. Surprisingly enough the weather turned out just great even though the forecast was pretty "iffy", to say the least. It was pretty crowded there, since it was a weekend, and parking was not that easy to find. There were a few motorcycle groups there as well. Connie and I pulled off onto a side road and discussed the situation and decided that we didn't feel like parking on a street somewhere and then trying to fight with crowds in the stores, so we just headed on down to Crystal River and had dinner at Charlie's Fish House. HIGHLY recommended, by the way. We figure we can always go back down there again sometime during mid week when it isn't nearly as crowded.

The drive down there with the group was really nice, though and taking the back roads into Cedar Key was a lot of fun. If you decide to go there on a weekend, you might want to get there early to get parking. The public lot is rather small and fills up quickly.

Sorry to have to bail on Cruisin Corvettes, though...

als2052 03-06-2011 09:59 AM

Agree with Charlies Fish House...great place for fresh seafood

mickeystoysz16 03-07-2011 05:35 PM

Hmmm we are only about an hour and a half from Crystal River may have to check it out now that I have plenty of time.

C5CHICK 06-26-2011 06:06 PM

this was one of the first places we vistited. It has a small beach and dogs are aloud I believe? Its about 1/2 an hour from here.