The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest Florida Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2009 National Corvette Caravan To Bowling Green (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1919)

als2052 02-03-2007 05:35 PM

2009 National Corvette Caravan To Bowling Green

When: September 3-5, 2009
Where: Bowling Green, Kentucky

Link: www.corvettecaravan.com

Thousands of corvettes are expected to converge on BG during the above dates so it will very important to stay up with the latest info.

At this time a Florida Captain has not been appointed. When that happens there will be loads of info that will be of special interest to us club members. Rumor has it that our Linda is somehow involved so I am starting this thread for her use in providing whatever information she deems fit for our reading.

:vette: :vette: :vette: :vette: :vette: :vette: :vette: :vette: :vette:

2Vettes 02-03-2007 09:22 PM

Yup, there's going to be another caravan to the National Corvette Museum (NCM). This one will be for it's 15th anniversary!! I can't believe it's been open that long. Robert and I were members of the first caravan for the opening of the museum in 1994. I know from our club Bev and Dobbie were also participants. I don't remember off hand if there were others from the club. I'm sorry if I missed someone.
I drove in the second caravan in 1999 (5th anniversary) and then volunteered to help the Florida captain for the 2003 caravan to Nashville/Bowling Green for the 50th anniversary of corvette. I was the local leader for the 2003 event. We had probably 40-45 vettes from our club and Corvettes of Naples leave Fort Myers. We drove up I-75 to Bill Buck Chev. in Venice where another group of vettes was waiting and the dealership had breakfast for us all. We left there with another 40 or 50 vettes and drove up to Ferman Chev in Tampa to meet a very large group of vettes. From there the caravan drove to Ocala where Glueck Chev hosted a BBQ for the whole caravan at his home. There were well over 200 vettes by then. This is where C5R racecar driver Andy Pilgrim joined the caravan for the rest of the trip.
That's just an idea of how one of these events goes. We start small and snowball into a hugh group.
That's enough info to wet your whistles...sign up for the chat in the link and see what the folks are talking about. I suggest you set your email for "digest" otherwise you'll get lot's of emails. With digest mode you get one email a day with all the posts. The chat line is national though so you'll be reading about things other than Florida.
I have volunteered again to help for the caravan in 2009 and when they find a captain the organizers will give him/her my name. If they want someone to help them from this part of the state they will contact me. I'll keep you posted if/when I hear something. Whether I'm working it or not, I'll be driving in the caravan. It's something you need to do at least once!! :yesnod:

Z06 Rocket 02-03-2007 09:29 PM

The national caravans are a blast! I went in 2003 and will go again in 2009!

als2052 02-04-2007 07:13 PM

Wife and I are definitely in.

The lodging logistics should be something else...

2Vettes 02-04-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052
Wife and I are definitely in.
The lodging logistics should be something else...

If this one goes like the others, the caravan will have host hotels available at each night's stop. Caravan members are responsible to make their own reservations once the hotels are announced. Once we get to Bowling Green it's each man for himself as far as rooms go...:)

als2052 02-16-2007 08:08 PM

SWFCC Roster Going So Far

Armando/Karen
Jim/Norma
Linda/Robert
Tom/Gwen

SteveK 02-16-2007 08:19 PM

I can't wait......... :dancer01: :dancer01: :dancer01:

2Vettes 02-16-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052
Armando/Karen
Jim/Norma
Linda/Robert

That's the way these sort of things begin. Before you know it there will be hundreds of Florida folks on the list!!!

2Vettes 02-16-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveK
I can't wait......... :dancer01: :dancer01: :dancer01:

Me neither, Steve :yesnod:

C4-BRN-N-KY 02-20-2007 05:44 PM

Hi There
This is my FIRST time on the Forum.
Tom and Gwen Horn will be joining the SWFCC caravan to BG,KY.
We will take both cars.