The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Summer Is Here... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45445)

als2052 05-06-2010 01:43 PM

Summer Is Here...

Little or no car shows...too hot, too sunny...it might rain

No cruise ins or road trips...lovebugs, the killer sun which will eventually kill all of us unless we are lathered up like seals with SPF 55+ and dare I say rain:eek:

Everyone wants to be shuttered away in the A/C and not go out...:ack2:

And our beauties wilt away in our garages, longing for that long awaited highway drive...:toetap05:

Dont you just love it here in SW Fla? :shrug01:

Shadow 05-06-2010 04:55 PM

Those are just excuses:thumbsdown:

First it was too cold!
Now it's too hot!
It "might" rain?

If I was where you are, still had my vette, and a little time off to drive it, I'd be all over the waterfront places down there!:dancer01:

Get out and DRIVE:vette::peelout 1:

LS2POWA 05-06-2010 06:08 PM

If you go fast enough, it really isnt to hot lol. I havent driven my car past few days cause its to damn dirty. Kinda regretting making my car completely vader'd out.

Mark Dalton 05-06-2010 06:48 PM

On the bright side though, I do enjoy the frozen food section at Wal-Mart in the summer.:D;)

Ms. AntiVenom 05-06-2010 07:12 PM

I just dont know why the weather cannot be 72 degrees for the equal amount of time as summer and winter.

als2052 05-06-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 114096)
Those are just excuses:thumbsdown:

First it was too cold!
Now it's too hot!
It "might" rain?

If I was where you are, still had my vette, and a little time off to drive it, I'd be all over the waterfront places down there!:dancer01:

Get out and DRIVE:vette::peelout 1:

Gordon, you hit it right on the head...Regardless of the heat or weather, I take my ride everywhere no matter what...

Shadow 05-06-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dalton (Post 114105)
On the bright side though, I do enjoy the frozen food section at Wal-Mart in the summer.:D;)

Amen!!!:D:reddevil:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom (Post 114108)
I just dont know why the weather cannot be 72 degrees for the equal amount of time as summer and winter.

It can....if you live in ARUBA:D:thumbsup::dancer01:

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052 (Post 114109)
Gordon, you hit it right on the head...Regardless of the heat or weather, I take my ride everywhere no matter what...

I'll be back in the saddle again......just wait.....:thumbsup:

floridaZ 05-06-2010 11:05 PM

Man, you're telling me. I just wish that if it would rain, it would rain. I hate it when it rains for 2 minutes before the sun comes out. Just makes it worse.

Some of the members of my local car club (including me) set up a pretty nice shop behind one of their houses in Polk City. We had about 2 days of good weather before this heat and mugginess showed up, it's keeping me from fully enjoying my 2 acres of workspace. Good excuse for that fridge out there stuffed to the gills with tasty beverages, though.
:hehehe: