The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Clubs and Organizations (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Corvette Club members? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134)

Cor66Vette 12-27-2011 08:55 PM

Local Corvette clubs seem to have their hands out and set high priced membership fees. That's my (admitted limited) experience re: FL clubs and I use as comparison my experiences from the NY area where the cost of membership is around half of what is expected here. And in NY you would expect to pay through the nose for everything. :shrug01:

palmbeachvette76 12-27-2011 09:59 PM

I joined the local Palm Beach club but figured out it's just not my thing. It's more about a big group of retired folks finding a new place to go eat and drive their late model cars. That's great, got nothing against it but it's just not what I would consider a club to be. So I'll stick to modifying, and maintaining mine and driving it. It's more fun to meet up with other forum guys that do the same than to be in the clubs that remind me of "condo cops" but this is just me. For those that have a club they enjoy, my hat is off to you, enjoy :thumbsup:

ironhorse 12-28-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmbeachvette76 (Post 150605)
I joined the local Palm Beach club but figured out it's just not my thing. It's more about a big group of retired folks finding a new place to go eat and drive their late model cars. That's great, got nothing against it but it's just not what I would consider a club to be. So I'll stick to modifying, and maintaining mine and driving it. It's more fun to meet up with other forum guys that do the same than to be in the clubs that remind me of "condo cops" but this is just me. For those that have a club they enjoy, my hat is off to you, enjoy :thumbsup:

I AGREE, I belonged to a club years ago...It was like belonging to an old folks home...

Cor66Vette 12-28-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironhorse (Post 150624)
I AGREE, I belonged to a club years ago...It was like belonging to an old folks home...

:lmao:

retgi 01-17-2012 07:31 AM

I just sold a C3 and purchased a real nice low mileage C5. I am considering joining the Citrus Corvette Club. Any members here?

Rich Z 01-17-2012 10:45 AM

They seem to be a pretty active group. Connie and I have attended a couple of their shows at the local Chevy dealership. I'm assuming that still takes place, but haven't seen any dates posted here lately. Or at least I haven't noticed them.

Kap142 01-17-2012 01:44 PM

Just found a joined a club. Lakeland Corvette Club. Good group.

mickeystoysz16 01-18-2012 07:24 PM

Citrus County just had their show a while back in the fall. One of these days I will get to their show.

KCandSting 01-20-2012 07:45 PM

:dancer01:We had our 8th Annual Corvettes in the Sunshine car show October 30th, 2011. Check out our club web site! ( Citrus County Corvette Club ) Lots of photos!! There are about 30 or 40 slide shows of club activities. We are in the planning stage for late October 2012 for our 9th annual CIS show.:dancer01:
:wavey:Our monthly meetings are on the second Tuesday of the month at the Seven Rivers Gulf and Country Club, Crystal River. CCCC general meetings begin at 7pm but many members arrive by six and have dinner. Come join us at our next meeting - Tuesday, Feb. 14th. Bring your new Vette we'd love to see it! :welcome:Guest are always WELCOME!!!:crazy03:

Pres712 01-21-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCandSting (Post 151824)
:dancer01:We had our 8th Annual Corvettes in the Sunshine car show October 30th, 2011. Check out our club web site! ( Citrus County Corvette Club ) Lots of photos!! There are about 30 or 40 slide shows of club activities. We are in the planning stage for late October 2012 for our 9th annual CIS show.:dancer01:
:wavey:Our monthly meetings are on the second Tuesday of the month at the Seven Rivers Gulf and Country Club, Crystal River. CCCC general meetings begin at 7pm but many members arrive by six and have dinner. Come join us at our next meeting - Tuesday, Feb. 14th. Bring your new Vette we'd love to see it! :welcome:Guest are always WELCOME!!!:crazy03:

Don't forget the BACC/Dimmitt show is October 13th.