The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16942)

THOR 06-14-2008 09:04 PM

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

Happy Father's Day to all. I was visiting my father's gravesite last week at the Florida National Cememtary in Bushnell. My 17 year old daughter was with me and we stoped there on our way to Jacksonville. My dad served during WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam and I was showing my daughter all the men and women who served and died for our country as we drove around the cementary. If you've never been there, it looks like Arlington with acres and acres of perfectly lined white tomb stones.
I saw tombs of soldiers who were in service less than a year and killed in action and probably left behind a child or two. And then I marveled and counted the blessing of having a father who survived three wars and was able to pass on the values and morals I live with today at 54 years old.
My dad has been gone for 19 years and yet his legacy lives on in me, my two brothers, and my daughters.
I commend all the fathers who work tirelessly to create a better world for our kids. I hope you guys find time to relax a little tomorrow. For me, a hug and a kiss from my kids and wife, a cruise in the vette, and a cold beer or two sounds mighty devine. Make it a GREAT day!!!! Yours fondly, Mark

Coastal 06-14-2008 09:28 PM

Happy father's day :icon_cheers:

"Backyard Mechanic" 06-15-2008 06:32 AM

Happy father's day :dancer01::dancer01::crazy03:

thebeepster 06-15-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THOR (Post 62083)
Happy Father's Day to all. I was visiting my father's gravesite last week at the Florida National Cememtary in Bushnell. My 17 year old daughter was with me and we stoped there on our way to Jacksonville. My dad served during WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam and I was showing my daughter all the men and women who served and died for our country as we drove around the cementary. If you've never been there, it looks like Arlington with acres and acres of perfectly lined white tomb stones.
I saw tombs of soldiers who were in service less than a year and killed in action and probably left behind a child or two. And then I marveled and counted the blessing of having a father who survived three wars and was able to pass on the values and morals I live with today at 54 years old.
My dad has been gone for 19 years and yet his legacy lives on in me, my two brothers, and my daughters.
I commend all the fathers who work tirelessly to create a better world for our kids. I hope you guys find time to relax a little tomorrow. For me, a hug and a kiss from my kids and wife, a cruise in the vette, and a cold beer or two sounds mighty devine. Make it a GREAT day!!!! Yours fondly, Mark

Well said, Thor!! For those who have not visited, the visit to the cemetary at Bushnell is inspirational and a good vette cruise as well...not to mention the place is outright beautiful!

I will be taking my 'vette cruise' to Orlando today to visit with my kids...Happy Father's Day to all!!:yesnod:

Shadow 06-15-2008 09:31 AM

Well said Thor and everyone and God Bless your dad Mark and may he R.I.P.

I'm going out o visit my dads gravesite this afternoon.

Only been a few years since he passed and I miss him daily:(

I Love ya and miss dad!!!

Happy fathers day everyone:thumbsup:

jcb_njb 06-15-2008 11:05 AM

TO my Dad: I think of you everyday and miss you everyday. We are taking good care of Mom. Love you and HAPPY FATHERS DAY :wave:

vett boy 06-15-2008 11:09 AM

Thank you THOR ,very well said.

Rich427 06-15-2008 11:50 AM

Well said guys! :thumbsup:

Guro305 06-15-2008 02:43 PM

Happy Fathers Day to all!:wavey:

navy2kcoupe 06-15-2008 09:06 PM

Thor......Back At You Big Guy, and Happy Father's Day to the rest of you Dads out there!
Andy