The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Mostly hot and muggy with widely scattered yellow flies. (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116294)

Rich Z 05-25-2019 04:05 PM

Thermometer outside in front of the garage showing 102 degrees right now. :ack2:

CHASZ51 05-25-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 207529)
Thermometer outside in front of the garage showing 102 degrees right now. :ack2:

91f here.

Rich Z 05-26-2019 06:25 PM

It wouldn't be a good time of year to be doing work up in our attic area during the hot part of the day. I put a remote sensor up there and it registered 133.7 degrees at the high point. I don't know why the builders chose to put the air handler for our heat pump system up there. That sort of heat can't be good for those components.

Rich Z 05-28-2019 05:16 PM

Well, I'm not planning on doing much work in the garage any time real soon. Was 105 degrees in there today. And that is with the vents open up near the roof, fan running to circulate the air, and the small AC running. :ack2:

Actually didn't feel much cooler when I walked outside.... Got up to 102.6 degrees, but with the humidity, felt like 110.6 degrees according to my weather station. :ack2: :ack2:

CHASZ51 05-28-2019 07:20 PM

Not as bad as they were saying here. Around 92f. Need rain bad. Just got this small scope today and it did not bring any rain.
http://i66.tinypic.com/flzhoy.jpg

Rich Z 05-28-2019 08:05 PM

Looks like they are predicting things will change around Friday and stay unsettled for a while with moderate chances of rain. I don't normally mind hot weather, but triple digits is a bit much. Especially when we have to be constantly waving around this bug zappers to kill yellow files.

Speaking of which, we seem to be making a definite impact on the yellow fly population around here. We took a walk around our path, that we havn't done in a couple of months, and the yellow flies were very thick back in there. It was almost like the Fourth of July with the bug zappers popping. But around the buildings where we spend our time and have been zapping the yellow flies constantly, we seem to be just getting stragglers now. Now that we know these things work pretty well, hopefully in a couple of years of using them we will be able to really knock back the population of those suckers.

Anyway, sharp looking scope. Did you buy this one to refurbish and resell it?

CHASZ51 05-28-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 207570)
Looks like they are predicting things will change around Friday and stay unsettled for a while with moderate chances of rain. I don't normally mind hot weather, but triple digits is a bit much. Especially when we have to be constantly waving around this bug zappers to kill yellow files.

Speaking of which, we seem to be making a definite impact on the yellow fly population around here. We took a walk around our path, that we havn't done in a couple of months, and the yellow flies were very thick back in there. It was almost like the Fourth of July with the bug zappers popping. But around the buildings where we spend our time and have been zapping the yellow flies constantly, we seem to be just getting stragglers now. Now that we know these things work pretty well, hopefully in a couple of years of using them we will be able to really knock back the population of those suckers.

Anyway, sharp looking scope. Did you buy this one to refurbish and resell it?

I got it new. It will be used on a bigger scope for a finder scope.