The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Note to self: Don't drive the Vette when tired (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21058)

floridaZ 10-05-2008 06:32 PM

Note to self: Don't drive the Vette when tired

I drove the Vette into the garage last night. Only problem here was that the door was down. :banghead:

I got off at 4:00 this morning and drove home. I pulled into the yard and pulled in front of the garage, where I usually park. When I normally park the Vette outside, I tuck the nose about 1-2 inches from the garage door. Well, when I stopped I let a little pressure off of the brakes and it was enough to let the car roll forward and hit the garage door. Whoops. The Vette wasn't damaged but my dad will most likely kick my ass when he sees the damage that was done to his freshly repainted garage door. Luckily I will be back at work by the time he gets home today so if I ever look towards home and see a mushroom cloud I will have a pretty good idea that maybe Mexico is a bit safer place than home.

:crazy03:

ynkedad 10-05-2008 07:18 PM

That Sux!

:eek: But it could have happened to anybody.:thumbsup:

Be merciful dad...

Rich Z 10-05-2008 07:21 PM

Darn! How in the world did you damage a garage door without damaging the vette as well? I wouldn't have thought the front end of a Corvette was all that tough.... At least not superficially. :shrug01:

Shadow 10-05-2008 10:36 PM

Cancun is lovely this time of year....hell, any time of year:lmao:

floridaZ 10-06-2008 04:25 AM

The Vette wasn't damaged because it's built Ford tough.

Guess I'll have to go to Canada now, huh? Damn... :crazy03:

Anyway, it's a wood door, but I expected to mess up the paint at least. Nope. The garage door has a crater and the paint is perfect on both the door and the car. I mean, the paint has some flax in it, I didn't see that coming. And the Vette's paint is in good shape, the urethane paint is better than I thought... :dancer01:

He came in at midnight, so I doubt that he'll see it. I'll move the Vette where he parks his STS and maybe he'll park there and not notice. After some time he will notice, and knowing he didn't do it, think that it was there the whole time. Meaning the golf clubs will stay in the bag and blood will stay in my veins. :hehehe:

fletcher4u 10-06-2008 06:14 AM

:bang::spank2:Thats sick Corvette and Ford in the same post.

Mark Dalton 10-06-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridaZ (Post 71825)
The Vette wasn't damaged because it's built Ford tough.

Guess I'll have to go to Canada now, huh? Damn... :crazy03:

Anyway, it's a wood door, but I expected to mess up the paint at least. Nope. The garage door has a crater and the paint is perfect on both the door and the car. I mean, the paint has some flax in it, I didn't see that coming. And the Vette's paint is in good shape, the urethane paint is better than I thought... :dancer01:

He came in at midnight, so I doubt that he'll see it. I'll move the Vette where he parks his STS and maybe he'll park there and not notice. After some time he will notice, and knowing he didn't do it, think that it was there the whole time. Meaning the golf clubs will stay in the bag and blood will stay in my veins. :hehehe:

Here's a thought. While your dads inside, sneak outside and ease his STS forward until it's nose is just filling the dent in the door. Then PRAY!:D

floridaZ 10-08-2008 07:45 PM

Well, today I found out that the stock temp gauge maxes out at 299 degrees. Yay, this has just been my week.