The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Eviction Notice (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2947)

C5Rick 07-06-2007 02:25 PM

Eviction Notice

Just received a letter from the manager of my apartment complex. It seems she finds the artwork on my corvette objectionable and has threatened eviction if I don't remove it. Wish I could afford an attorney and keep her tied up in court for a few years.

JCswm 07-06-2007 02:30 PM

This I've got to see
PLEASE post pics or a link to the "offencive" Corvette

Rich Z 07-06-2007 04:04 PM

Does the apartment complex have any sort of bylaws concerning such that you signed off on? Don't let her KNOW that you can't afford an attorney. Matter of fact, you may not need to hire one. A violation of civil rights could probably be handled by the state's attorney by filing a complaint with that office.

ynkedad 07-06-2007 04:09 PM

Get a car cover.

...Seems like she should have given you an alternative by suggesting you get a CAR COVER :shrug01: . Maybe you could speak to her and come to that compromise?

IMO...I can understand her position, Especially if there are kids around.
She is obligated to protect, or do what's in the best interest of the Business and those that live there.

But are ya breaking "the Law"? :shrug01:
I suggest you look at your Lease (if ya haven't already) and see if she has grounds to evict you.

vett boy 07-06-2007 04:51 PM

You could be my neighbor at Conway self storage $125 a month.The nice Cuban lady in unit 351 is a great cook.

C5Rick 07-06-2007 05:48 PM

The rule I violated...
Shall not hang in any window or display anything obectionable to Carlton Arms Apartments. Now if this isn't a generic cover all term what is.
Violating the law, well I believe the First Amendment covers this issue.
This actually stems from a letter I sent the manager ten days ago reguarding the condition of my apartment.
Wait until tommorrow after the Bullets are installed.

ynkedad 07-06-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Rick
The rule I violated...
Shall not hang in any window or display anything obectionable to Carlton Arms Apartments. Now if this isn't a generic cover all term what is.

Imo, If you signed something agreeing to the "Generic Catch all" :banghead: My guess is you're screwed.

My problem is...they didn't even try to work it out. They seem to have been Quick to Evict you, w/out giving you a chance to even say...Hey, i'll cover it up.
BTW...Is there Anything/Nothing in the rental agreement/lease stating that they have to try and get you to comply with their "standards" before they can Evict?
I mean...Does the agreement state that there will be NO WARNING or Grace Period to correct the infraction.

Sorry, I'm just spit balling in hopes to trigger an idea or lead for you or another member to follow.:thumbsup:

C5Rick 07-06-2007 07:47 PM

They did say I have to cover it or else and in short, I won't cover it up until a judge says it's in violation of some law.
I moved into this complex and I can move out. I might be hard headed, but they stopped me from washing my car on the property and that ain't in no ****** lease.

Kap142 07-06-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCswm
This I've got to see
PLEASE post pics or a link to the "offencive" Corvette

OK and this is from the man with the OMG shoeless beautiful woman who he can bearly keep in a bathing suit in his pictures. You brother are my HERO.

Ken

Rich Z 07-06-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Rick
The rule I violated...
Violating the law, well I believe the First Amendment covers this issue.
This actually stems from a letter I sent the manager ten days ago reguarding the condition of my apartment.

I would interpret that to mean SOLELY the display of something "objectionable" from your windows or otherwise within or on the apartment itself. Your vehicle does not belong to them and they have no right to tell you what you can or cannot put on it.

Sounds to me that you might have had an old biddy in the neighborhood complain to the management. Certainly starting up your car at 3am after you get your bullets installed will further make you a big hit there. :rolleyes:

Personally unless you are married to the place, it sounds like a good place to move away from......