The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   [C6] FOB acting funny (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109554)

CHASZ51 06-22-2017 06:18 AM

FOB acting funny

Seems like only in the morning in the garage i get a FOB not dectected on the DIC. It don't seem to do it any other time. Anyone have this problem before??

Rich Z 06-22-2017 10:24 AM

Seems I had similar problems, but replacing the battery fixed them.

CHASZ51 06-22-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 198939)
Seems I had similar problems, but replacing the battery fixed them.

Both FOB's did nothing to start it. Had to use the glove box slot. Any other time it is fine. If works fine to lock and un lock the car. This a 2013 and it was made in May of 2012 so maybe the batteries are as old as the car?

vett boy 06-22-2017 06:35 PM

Yep FOB battery for both FOB's simple instructions on YOU TUBE .I did go to Best Buy and asked for batteries for a FOB and he asked what a FOB was ???? Walmart and CVS are other sources .

CHASZ51 06-22-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 198953)
Yep FOB battery for both FOB's simple instructions on YOU TUBE .I did go to Best Buy and asked for batteries for a FOB and he asked what a FOB was ???? Walmart and CVS are other sources .

I think is ee a slot to pop it apart. Wonder if a dealer would do it? My luck i would break them both.

vett boy 06-22-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASZ51 (Post 198954)
I think is ee a slot to pop it apart. Wonder if a dealer would do it? My luck i would break them both.

I know what you mean but if you watch YOU TUBE it's not that bad of a chore .If you can wait till January I'll come down and do it for ya .:D

CHASZ51 06-22-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 198955)
I know what you mean but if you watch YOU TUBE it's not that bad of a chore .If you can wait till January I'll come down and do it for ya .:D

I saw the vid. I just don't think it is the battery. Only does it in the morning in the garage.

Rich Z 06-22-2017 08:26 PM

With ANYTHING battery powered, always suspect the batters (power supply) first before trying anything else. Especially if the battery is 5 or so years old. Could just be corrosion between the battery and the contacts making intermittent connection that can cause all sorts of strange things.

It's simple to do, so give it a whirl. I believe they use a CR2032 battery, which you can find anywhere.

You might even want to get some spray electronic contact cleaner and spray the FOB inside too. Helps clean up all contacts and mating surfaces.

CHASZ51 06-22-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 198957)
With ANYTHING battery powered, always suspect the batters (power supply) first before trying anything else. Especially if the battery is 5 or so years old. Could just be corrosion between the battery and the contacts making intermittent connection that can cause all sorts of strange things.

It's simple to do, so give it a whirl. I believe they use a CR2032 battery, which you can find anywhere.

You might even want to get some spray electronic contact cleaner and spray the FOB inside too. Helps clean up all contacts and mating surfaces.

I wil take one apart and try it out.

CHASZ51 06-23-2017 06:04 AM

The 2nd FOB was dead. Won't lock on unlock or open the hatch. It was easy to take apart.