The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Just For Laughs! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Grandpa drivers (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391)

sglfladad 04-06-2007 07:43 AM

Grandpa drivers

Funny story. Even got published as a letter to the editor in corvette fever.

I had just purchased my c4 vette about 6 months prior. Perfect spring day. Took the targa top off and left my office for a nice lunch hour drive.

Headed south on the veterans expressway and a c6 daytona sunset orange passed me and casually moved into my lane ahead of me. Of course, since I don't own a c6, following one in my c4 is a good thing too :)... We were both taking the exit to head west on the courtney campbell causeway. I was looking forward to the long sweeping exit at speed (hehee) and slipping onto the causeway with no brake action. Well, the driver dutifully obeyed all speed limits. All I could think was come on man! You've got 400 some horses there wanting to go to work for you and you're pulling in the reigns..go man go! :banghead: Of course, he continued to obey all traffic laws and it was all I could do to not give him the single finger wave. Instead, I took the high road and gave him the corvette wave as I finally was able to pass him. :wavey:

Hope he's enjoying his ride :nonod:

ynkedad 04-06-2007 08:03 AM

:wavey: Ahhhh, he's probably a newer owner of the BEAST and is working his way up to one mile per hour over the speed limit, then pretty soon it'll be two etc etc..:hehehe:

navy2kcoupe 04-06-2007 09:37 AM

If you would have said a blue C5 coupe, it would have been me! With just about 3000 miles TOTAL in a Vette, I'm still getting used to all that this thoroughbred has to offer. I'll be the first to admit that I'm incapable of dealing with this thing in some circumstances, so I'm doing whar Ray says and chasing it V-E-R-Y slowly :yesnod: ! SO........should you ever find yourself behind a navy blue metallic 2000 coupe that's going too slow for you, BLOW by me, wave, and look in your mirror. I'll be the one grinning from ear to ear waving back:thumbsup:
Andy :wavey:

Rebekah7155 04-06-2007 11:31 AM

have to be careful on that exit these days
what a mess of construction!
we're dying to sneak our ATV's out on to those big piles of dirt lol

vett boy 04-06-2007 12:30 PM

Wonder if he had a bumper sticker that said "my other car is a Buick"

jcb_njb 04-06-2007 03:56 PM

I can relate. When you wait 50+ years for the car of your dreams (Corvette of course), you are kind of careful with it for a long while. Wait to you get off the exit and stomp on it. Next!

sglfladad 04-06-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebekah7155

That would be fun.

sglfladad 05-02-2007 06:59 AM

My turn

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe
I'm still getting used to all that this thoroughbred has to offer. I'll be the first to admit that I'm incapable of dealing with this thing in some circumstances, so I'm doing whar Ray says and chasing it V-E-R-Y slowly :yesnod: !

Allright. I UNDERSTAND now! I got an 01 ZO6, and find myself doing just that! This is a lot more car than I've ever had and I'm lovin it. Lovin it, but not getting squirrelly ......... yet..... :)

Shadow 05-02-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebekah7155

Hey!!! I'm a GRANDPA! Give me the helm and hang on to your ass!:lmao:

That is a nasty curve lately though, I take it nearly daily. It seemed for a while that every time you went down it, something else had changed??!!!

Just after they changed it, it had been raining HARD and I hit a puddle in the elephant chaser. Couldn't tell where the road ended and the water began because of all the dirt on the damend road. Almost hit the wall that time:eek: If I'd been in anything other thana d 5K+ Pound safari truck,I'd have never made it:(:rofl1:

Rebekah, I don't mean to sound llike a spoil sport, but if that area is posted (which it probably is somewhere), please be careful. Get the wrong cop on a bad day and he/she can and will charge you with trespassing on a construction site...a FELONY!:( (that of course is if they can catch you:lmao: )

It does look inviting though:thumbsup:

dvdcta 08-01-2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad (Post 21317)
:wavey: Ahhhh, he's probably a newer owner of the BEAST and is working his way up to one mile per hour over the speed limit, then pretty soon it'll be two etc etc..:hehehe:

how about 20 yup had mine for a while !!