The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Clear Bra (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2465)

C5Rick 04-17-2007 06:03 PM

Clear Bra

I had to drive to Lutz on Monday to get my CD changer replaced. Since I was going to be in the Tampa area, I made arrangements with Ryan at Auto Paint Guard to get a clear hood and bumper kit put on the Vette. It took about 2 hours and the results looks great or should I say you can barely see it. When we took the car out in the sun it was next to invisible.
Ryan beat a local quote I got by 30% and they wanted the car for the entire day. I'm ready for the Luv Bugs... well not really.
Rick

THOR 04-18-2007 04:42 PM

I told you Ryan does an awesome job. I'm glad you're as happy as I am with the Clear Bra. Hey Vette lovers, you really should give Ryan a call if you want the best protection for your paint. :wavey: Then you can really ENJOY THE RIDE!! Mark

98 softtail 04-18-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Rick
I had to drive to Lutz on Monday to get my CD changer replaced. Since I was going to be in the Tampa area, I made arrangements with Ryan at Auto Paint Guard to get a clear hood and bumper kit put on the Vette. It took about 2 hours and the results looks great or should I say you can barely see it. When we took the car out in the sun it was next to invisible.
Ryan beat a local quote I got by 30% and they wanted the car for the entire day. I'm ready for the Luv Bugs... well not really.
Rick

Rick...where are the PICS ?????:toetap05:

Joe B.

Classy 04-18-2007 07:16 PM

Joe,You wont be able to see it,It is invisiable:lmao:

98 softtail 04-18-2007 07:20 PM

DOH !:banghead:

C5Rick 04-18-2007 07:25 PM

I had to leave early and was half asleep so I forgot my camera. There would have been some nice pics. Ryan installed the covering at an airfield on Davis Island. Right on the bay, boats , planes and I was in the hanger next to the Fox 13 Traffic Copter. Geeezzz should have taken the camera.
Rick

Guro305 04-18-2007 10:26 PM

I thought I saw something like that yesterday. I saw a red vette with what looked like a red bra that match the color of the car to the tee. I wonder if it's the samething?

98 softtail 04-18-2007 10:46 PM

Nope, the "clear bra" is a sheet of .8mil clear pvc type material that is applied directly onto the surface of the car, semi-permanent.
I think what you saw is a color matched fabric cover that is able to be installed and removed at any given time.

Guro305 04-21-2007 12:45 AM

Could be! I know that it looked rather sharp.