• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

CHAT ROOM!

JIM KILL

TampaBay Vettes
RICH:

:lmao: I WAS TIRED AT LOOKING AT THE THREAD ON TO MANY FORUMS!!!:lmao:

LISTEN: HOW MUCH WORK IS IT TO SET UP A CHAT ROOM HERE FOR CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN ANYONE THAT IS ON. I KNOW WE HAVE PRIVATE MESSAGING.....YAHOO...MSN ETC. ....:shrug01:

IT WOULD BE ANOTHER FORUM OPTION...JUST GO TO IT..SEE WHO'S ON AND YAK IT UP....LIKE ONE ON ONE CONVERSATIONS WHEN SOMEONE WANTS INFORMATION DIRECT.

IT TO ME IS THE NEXT STEP UP.....ON AN ALREADY GREAT FORUM...:dancer01:

Last edited:
I think it is a good idea as long as it is not a burden for Rich, or someone else to set up. I don't have a problem talking my fingers off!

Well, OK, I'll look into this.

Just out of curiosity, how about a show of hands of everyone who would be interested in using it?

Hopefully it won't be so resource intensive that it brings this server to it's knees, though.....

:wavey: :wavey: there's my vote for it as long as it doesn't bring the server to it's knees :)
Oh Rich, I'm glad you changed your avitar. I like this one much better for you. The banner looks good!!

On 2nd thought.

:wavey: Just wondering if a "chat room" would undermined this forum as a whole?
By this I mean, Members might just go into the "chat room" and discuss what's on their mind (Issues, Mods, Complaints, happenings, or whatever). By doing it this way, there will be no history of threads or posts that people can chime in on later or look up information on, thus no Real reason to keep THIS FORUM going.
Although I like the idea of Chatting it up with y'all on a more personal level, I just wonder if it'll wreck the forum.???

Just my observation and humble opinion.:thumbsup:

Respectfully,

Ray

I kinda agree with Ray. List your ICQ, Yahoo, AOL IM, blah, blah, blah and some people will chat. I'm not usually on for a long time, so chatting would defeat the purpose of the forum for me. My opinion of course.

Scott

YOU WIN!!!

:thumbsdown: OK...YOU ALL WIN....DUMB BLOND IDEA!!!!!:thumbsdown:

:D I TRIED......YOU ALL HAVE GOOD POINTS....AND I HAVE TO AGREE!!!:D

IT WAS MY DOG'S IDEA ANYWAY!!!!

DON'T RUB IT IN TO HARD!!!

HEY!!!!

:ack2: THIS IS WHY WE HAVE A FORUM...TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!!:ack2:

:lmao: I NEED ADULT SUPERVISION AT ALL TIMES!!!:lmao:

Last edited:
:lmao: Although i'm not often called an IDIOT, I am however called a DORK pretty much every day!:toetap05:

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!

I AM GOING HOME MR. DORK!!!!---- SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!!!

Last edited:
So does that mean a big "NAY" for this idea? I asked my programmer about it and he has a script he has integrated with vBulletin which seems to work quite well. :shrug01: :shrug01:

Some valid thoughts. I'll go with the majority vote on this one. Whatever works for the forum is fine with me :yesnod:

NEXT YEARS AGENDA

2Vettes said:
Some valid thoughts. I'll go with the majority vote on this one. Whatever works for the forum is fine with me :yesnod:

:toetap05: LET'S WAIT TIL 2008.....AND RE-VISIT THIS ISSUE!!!!:toetap05:

Well my programmer installed a chat room on this site. The link to it is above to the left in the menu bar. Bear in mind that it is not completed and may have some issues. The first one that hit me is that there was no easy way to return to the forums when you exited the chat. But you can click on the logo image at the top of the page to bring you back here when you are done.

The display seems a bit narrow to me as well, but darn if I could find the parameters to change that.

Anyway, feel free to check it out. Just don't ask me any question about how something works, because this is MY first exposure to this particular program as well. :shrug01:

Back