The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   May do heads and cam (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115029)

CHASZ51 11-22-2018 10:34 AM

May do heads and cam

May do heads and cam neSt year on my 2013 C6.

Rich Z 11-22-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASZ51 (Post 205781)
May do heads and cam neSt year on my 2013 C6.

Ah, "Mod Fever". I know it well.

Who are you planning on doing the work?

CHASZ51 11-22-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 205782)
Ah, "Mod Fever". I know it well.

Who are you planning on doing the work?

Not sure yet.

Rich Z 11-22-2018 01:01 PM

I guess some shops will have their preferred packages to install, based on their experiences and results. And, of course, the tuning will probably have to be tweaked as well.

I wish there were a lot of shops to choose from for Corvette work, but honestly, I can't think of a single one I would recommend today to anyone.

navy2kcoupe 11-22-2018 03:32 PM

Doing it "just because", or are you experiencing a problem with the existing heads and cam? Hopefully it's the former........
Andy

CHASZ51 11-22-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 205788)
Doing it "just because", or are you experiencing a problem with the existing heads and cam? Hopefully it's the former........
Andy

People seem to like Power Tech in ST Pete FL.

Rich Z 11-22-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 205788)
Andy

I believe that most people replace their heads and cam because they WANT TO, and not because they NEED to.... Unless they are trying to justify it to the spouse. :hehehe:

CHASZ51 11-22-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 205790)
I believe that most people replace their heads and cam because they WANT TO, and not because they NEED to.... Unless they are trying to justify it to the spouse. :hehehe:

I just want a touch more power. Not wanting a super charger or spending 9k to get one. I can't keep it on the ground with what i have now. So my thinking was a GS C6. Just too scared to deal with a C7 and all the trans and T/C problems they have.

So i can pay to have my car put back to stock and change my stuff over to a GS as no dealer would take my car with no cats. Or just try to sell on CL. Or just keep what i got and add a little more power.

Rich Z 11-22-2018 05:50 PM

You do know that there is no end to the quest for a "touch more power", don't you?

That is why I don't even start down that path with the C6Z. I nearly drowned when I went overboard with the C5Z.

85vette 11-22-2018 06:23 PM

It's kind of like Tasing yourself "a little bit"....

CHASZ51 11-23-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 205794)
You do know that there is no end to the quest for a "touch more power", don't you?

That is why I don't even start down that path with the C6Z. I nearly drowned when I went overboard with the C5Z.

You got stuck with a bad shop if i remember right. Plenty of fly by nites out there.

Rich Z 11-23-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASZ51 (Post 205797)
You got stuck with a bad shop if i remember right. Plenty of fly by nites out there.

Actually two shops, one after the other. :ack2: And both actually had relatively good reputations, according to people I talked to. So picking a good shop is just not as easy as it would seem. But what do you do? You either do the work yourself, of you just have to trust whoever it is you pick, and hope for the best.

But as for the C7s, yeah that is disappointing about the problems people are reporting. I was actually toying with the idea of maybe selling the C6Z and buying a C7. They DO look pretty sharp. But who the heck wants to buy a headache?

So perhaps your plan on doing some mods to a vehicle that you already own and are satisfied with might be the best path for you based on the options you have available.

mrr23 11-24-2018 12:30 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Next-Level-...=page_internal

i've known geoff personally for about 15 years.