The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [TAMPA BAY] 5 Bridges Run, Sunday 1/14/7 (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454)

Gannet 12-17-2006 09:19 PM

[TAMPA BAY] 5 Bridges Run, Sunday 1/14/7

All Corvettes invited to a 5 Bridges Run on Sunday, January 14th!

This run is 100 miles, takes less than two hours, and goes over all 5 of the major bridges over Tampa Bay: Sunshine Skyway, Gandy Bridge, Howard Franklin Bridge, Bayside Bridge, and Courtney Campbell Causeway.

At the end you are invited to meet with us at Landry's Seafood House for their famous Sunday Brunch.

We will meet in front of the Office Depot behind Hooters and McDonalds on US60 in Brandon, just West of I-75. This is the location used by Tampa Bay Vettes for their cruises, in case you are familiar with them. The address of the Office Depot is 10057 Adamo Drive, Tampa, in case you want to use a GPS or Google/Yahoo to find it.

We will leave promptly at 9:00 AM, and should arrive at Landry's, on Rocky Point, just before 11.

With tax and tip, figure on about $30 per person for Landry's brunch. Although I have not had it myself, it is famous in the Tampa Bay area so should be worth it. Landry's has excellent off-street parking with lots of room to park as a group away from other vehicles.

The only other cost besides your gas is a $1.00 toll for the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

Maps and directions will be provided at the run start (at least until we run out). No door prizes, poker hands, raffle tickets, dash plaques, etc. Just a nice drive over the bridges with a group of Corvettes, and brunch and chat at the end if you're so inclined.

You are invited!

If you are pretty certain you are going to come, I would appreciate it if you would let me know so I can know how many maps to print up. If you plan to join us at Landry's, please let me know that as well so we can give them a rough headcount.

Hope to see you there!

Dave
aka Gannet

chris308 12-17-2006 11:31 PM

I would love to do this, but i will need to check my work schedule as its coming up on tax time and the first of the year is real busy busy...

Shadow 12-18-2006 07:28 AM

I'm going to plan on this one and hope it works out:thumbsup: Sunday is usually a church day for the family and I try to go with the wife to keep harmony at home (and because thats what I'm supposed to do!):rofl1:

If I still have the 87 I'll bring it. If not, I'll just bring the Z28 and meet you guys at Landrys.

Gordon

ynkedad 12-18-2006 11:13 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

What the hell... I'll reply to this one too:D (cuz i'm Bored)!
We're (TX MOMMA & Ynkedad) in!:thumbsup:

~Ray

JIM KILL 12-18-2006 02:25 PM

Some exact Duties

GANNET....Just helping some!!!

Go ahead and post this to the calendar section of this site with all the same information. Send "Beau" at "TBV'S" an email to start sending out when the time is closer.:thumbsup:
beaurhonda@earthlink.net

Gannet 12-18-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL
GANNET....Just helping some!!!

Go ahead and post this to the calendar section of this site with all the same information. Send "Beau" at "TBV'S" an email to start sending out when the time is closer.:thumbsup:
beaurhonda@earthlink.net

Jim, thanks much. :)

I sent an email to our new President, but haven't heard back yet. I'll send something to Beau right after the first of the year.

Bradzvette 12-18-2006 06:56 PM

I'm in :thumbsup:

sabre34 12-18-2006 07:11 PM

I'm in! :thumbsup:

VertC5 12-18-2006 07:52 PM

I'll be there with my 13 year old daughter as it is take your 13 year old daughter on a Corvette cruise day then.:)

ynkedad 12-18-2006 10:36 PM

The more the Merrier!:party: VertC5