The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cruisin' Corvettes of Tallahassee (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Local vette work in Tallahassee? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2627)

Rich Z 08-13-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427
Hey Rich,

Inquiring minds want to know, :shrug01: ...at least I do, what are you plans for the paint job? Repaint of the original color? :thumbsup: New color change all together? :yesnod: :nonod: :thinkin: ...wait a minute, I got it, ...FLAMES! :crazy03: Yea, how about the natural flames, they look great! ...Ok, maybe a little over the top, but how about one or two shades lighter than the base color for some GHOST FLAMES?!?! :reddevil:

Details Rich, we need details, ...at least I do. :toetap05:

Well quite honestly, at this time of year I really don't have the extra brain cells to think about it much.

But I've seen far too many paint jobs that wound up looking like something out of a comic book that a super hero would drive. I would hate to wind up with something that would make me feel silly to drive in public with. I recently saw an example on the cover of a Corvette rag that actually made my skin crawl just to look at it. The interior was even worse. :ack2:

When it gets closer to the time, I guess there are some magazines and websites showing custom paint jobs, so I'll just browse until I see something that catches my eye.... :)

Jaws Racing 11-08-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 23058)

Also, when it comes time to get my C5Z repainted, who would you recommend locally?

Thanks!

I know it's a older post but Roslund's Paint and Body does great work! They are over on Tharpe St. The only bad part is they get backed up.

fletcher4u 11-08-2007 04:26 PM

Rich as an X chevy service manager I want you to come to the store your oil or mine.

Rich Z 11-13-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaws Racing (Post 39883)
I know it's a older post but Roslund's Paint and Body does great work! They are over on Tharpe St. The only bad part is they get backed up.

Thanks Tony! I appreciate the tip.

Rich Z 11-13-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fletcher4u (Post 39891)
Rich as an X chevy service manager I want you to come to the store your oil or mine.

Yeah, that sounds like the logical way for a service manager to view things. Helps to build the PR thing and get the people comfortable with coming in the door.

I was at a local battery/service place having a battery replaced and overheard one of the service guys telling a lost customer that they charge the same for an oil change whether you bring your oil or use theirs. I'm sure that for the cost of that oil, they permanently lost a customer. Penny wise and dollar foolish.... :rolleyes: