The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Clubs and Organizations (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Any orginazitions that you guys.... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1654)

Kap142 01-07-2007 04:44 PM

Any orginazitions that you guys....

are a part of? I live in the Lakeland area (between Orl and Tpa) and wouldn't mind hooking up with a good group but I just hate egos. Looking for a relaxed fun loving group. Whay ya'll say?

Ken

:thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

Shadow 01-07-2007 04:53 PM

Of course there's TBV's. Get with Jim here and he'll hook you up,:thumbsup:

If you don't mind a mix of Camaro's, Firebirds and COrvettes, there's our group, the FLCFA, Florida Camaro and Firebird Assn. (www.FLCFA.Net)

We're about as laid back as you can get:lmao: and love to have a good time:dancer01:

TBV's meets in Brandon, not that far from Lakeland. Yeah, I'm a member there also but don't get to make a lot of the meets due to my work schedule:(

Try those on for starters.

Kap142 01-07-2007 04:58 PM

I shall, thanks

Will send a message to Jim and see what's up there.

SteveK 01-07-2007 04:59 PM

By organizations, do you mean Corvette related or civic?

Kap142 01-07-2007 06:10 PM

I mean.....

Corvette organizations

Ken

SteveK 01-07-2007 09:18 PM

Here are 2 in the Orlando area.
Central Florida Corvette Assoc. <- click here
Mid Florida Corvette Club <- Click here

Hope this helps.

Gannet 01-07-2007 09:32 PM

If you're not busy next Sunday, come with us on the 5 Bridges run. This is an informal cruise, not associated with any specific club.

Then on the 28th is the Tampa Bay Vettes monthly Breakfast Cruise (all welcome, not just members), as well as the Garlits Museum run (informal).

There is a pretty good list of clubs in post #6 of this thread.

Kap142 01-08-2007 03:35 AM

just might make that one..

Gannet please give me some details on time and place reference the 5 bridges cruise. Sounds like a good venture.

Ken:toetap05: :toetap05:

JIM KILL 01-08-2007 08:33 AM

Check us out!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap142
Will send a message to Jim and see what's up there.

:thumbsup: Come and check us out!!!:thumbsup:

:yesnod: Come join us this Wednesday night!!!:yesnod:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...4767#post14767

also:

www.tampabayvettes.com

Here is information on 5 Bridges:
All Corvettes invited to a 5 Bridges Run on Sunday, January 14th!

This run is 100 miles, takes less than two hours, and goes over all 5 of the major bridges over Tampa Bay: Sunshine Skyway, Gandy Bridge, Howard Franklin Bridge, Bayside Bridge, and Courtney Campbell Causeway.

At the end you are invited to meet with us at Landry's Seafood House for their famous Sunday Brunch.

We will meet in front of the Office Depot behind Hooters and McDonalds on US60 in Brandon, just West of I-75. This is the location used by Tampa Bay Vettes for their cruises, in case you are familiar with them. The address of the Office Depot is 10057 Adamo Drive, Tampa, in case you want to use a GPS or Google/Yahoo to find it.

We will leave promptly at 9:00 AM, and should arrive at Landry's, on Rocky Point, just before 11.

With tax and tip, figure on about $30 per person for Landry's brunch. Although I have not had it myself, it is famous in the Tampa Bay area so should be worth it. Landry's has excellent off-street parking with lots of room to park as a group away from other vehicles.

The only other cost besides your gas is a $1.00 toll for the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

Maps and directions will be provided at the run start (at least until we run out). No door prizes, poker hands, raffle tickets, dash plaques, etc. Just a nice drive over the bridges with a group of Corvettes, and brunch and chat at the end if you're so inclined.

ynkedad 01-08-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap142
are a part of? I live in the Lakeland area (between Orl and Tpa) and wouldn't mind hooking up with a good group but I just hate egos. Looking for a relaxed fun loving group. Whay ya'll say?

Ken

:thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

We're like you Ken, in that we'd like to find a group that's "relaxed and fun loving" without the ego's. Trouble is, it seems to be this is the place, but this isn't a group that meets monthly and or here and there for drives, hookups dinner etc; whereas we can at the drop of a hat, hook up for whatever. It's more of a long distance relationship!
I find myself online here, looking for get togethers that the forum people (you guys and gals) are putting together/attending and trying to make those.:D
So Sad:nonod: ! In the meantim...http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...g/f189ffdf.gif