The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Firearms and Other Weapons (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   SOooo let's please try and not trivialize the thought. (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72943)

Cor66Vette 02-16-2012 05:26 PM

SOooo let's please try and not trivialize the thought.

I suspect the standard response will be something like, "I don't leave home without one", SOooo let's please try and not trivialize the thought. :NoNo:

Having lived in Brooklyn (as a kid) and then Long Island (as a teen and young adult and later a matured adult) I can't help from having to admit that I felt safer there, even though carrying guns were taboo, and practically never allowed to be enjoyed by the regular citizen. Crime stats notwithstanding (FL better than NY) I feel remiss if I am on the road; driving, walking, jogging, bicycling, whatever... without my equalizer. Even in the house! I have it on me!

Am I alone?

Rich Z 02-16-2012 05:33 PM

No, not at all. I have a gun on my hip right now, and am rarely without one within arm's length.

ironhorse 02-16-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster (Post 153600)
I suspect the standard response will be something like, "I don't leave home without one", SOooo let's please try and not trivialize the thought. :NoNo:

Having lived in Brooklyn (as a kid) and then Long Island (as a teen and young adult and later a matured adult) I can't help from having to admit that I felt safer there, even though carrying guns were taboo, and practically never allowed to be enjoyed by the regular citizen. Crime stats notwithstanding (FL better than NY) I feel remiss if I am on the road; driving, walking, jogging, bicycling, whatever... without my equalizer. Even in the house! I have it on me!

Am I alone?

I am from Long Island, went to Brooklyn College. I sure as hell didn't feel any safer on LI or Brooklyn when I lived there...First of all, you didn't have a choice in NY, you had to give up your first born to get a carry permit...Check out the crime in East NY, Flatbush, bedford Sty...I carry all the time, whereas in NY, you were at a felons mercey if you weren't armed...

Kap142 02-16-2012 08:01 PM

Not wrong at all. The saying goes something like "better to have and not need then to need and not have".

Rich Z 02-16-2012 09:07 PM

I look upon carrying a firearm as a life insurance policy that is only in effect if you carry it on your person and have it available exactly when you need it.

mickeystoysz16 02-24-2012 06:25 PM

nope not at all i have one loaded in every room in my house and car. including some really nasty military grade hardware.