The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Thinking about moving to Central Florida Dunnellon area (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1083)

MR.LT1 11-04-2006 06:26 PM

Thinking about moving to Central Florida Dunnellon area

South Florida is getting very crowded and with all the equity I have in my home here I could get something nice with a little land say an acre or so...anyone here live in that area any input? I have visited Ocala, Dunnellon area quite a few times and like it alot...but moving is always a pain:banghead:

ynkedad 11-04-2006 07:23 PM

Weirsdale here.

We live in the Lady Lake area (Central Fl). Around 20 minutes south of Ocala on 5 acres, and love it.:dancer01:
It's a Quiet area, and "the Villages" are right next door where there's lots to do.:thumbsup:
C'mon up! :thumbsup:

Ray

CHASZ51 11-05-2006 10:50 AM

It will be just as crowded up there in a few years.

I'm thinkin Hendry county.

Rich Z 11-05-2006 12:16 PM

There will be compromises needed to be made. There is NO place that will be absolutely perfect. You simply have to decide which particulars are most important to you, and which ones you can live without.

And as has been pointed out, in 10 years, the place you chose may no longer be what it was.

Moving is a royal pain in the butt. So I wouldn't make that decision lightly.

Fastcat3 11-05-2006 10:06 PM

Moving North

I was raised in Pinellas County and after 50 years I moved to Citrus county because the traffic and other over population issues were becoming difficult to deal with. It is culture shock to be here, but beautiful in the Citrus Hills area. Nice to have a touch of seasons, rolling hills and lots of nature. If you like outdoor activity or golf this is a great area. Ocala has grown immensely, but it is where I go to shop in real stores unless I go to Orlando or Tampa. South Florida is a whole different animal even from the Tampa-St. Pete area. I would think you might like this area, but be prepared .... a slower pace and if you like to eat out a lot, go to concerts, etc. you have to drive. My 2 cents!

MR.LT1 11-05-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastcat3
I was raised in Pinellas County and after 50 years I moved to Citrus county because the traffic and other over population issues were becoming difficult to deal with. It is culture shock to be here, but beautiful in the Citrus Hills area. Nice to have a touch of seasons, rolling hills and lots of nature. If you like outdoor activity or golf this is a great area. Ocala has grown immensely, but it is where I go to shop in real stores unless I go to Orlando or Tampa. South Florida is a whole different animal even from the Tampa-St. Pete area. I would think you might like this area, but be prepared .... a slower pace and if you like to eat out a lot, go to concerts, etc. you have to drive. My 2 cents!

I know what its like up there, My wife's son lives in Dunnellon and we go about 2x's a year stay a week...I tell you when I was younger I would of never thought I would like to live in a place like that but now, I guess I am going in slow motion in my older age....well not that old:rolleyes:

Guro305 11-06-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.LT1
South Florida is getting very crowded and with all the equity I have in my home here I could get something nice with a little land say an acre or so...anyone here live in that area any input? I have visited Ocala, Dunnellon area quite a few times and like it alot...but moving is always a pain:banghead:

Don't bother moving. You'll be b!tching about it in three weeks time once you do. You'll get cabinfever, whine about nothing to do, and complain about how far everything is instead of how long it takes to get there. I made that move once myself.....won't do it again!:banghead: