The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I don't know, is this the right way? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154)

Rich Z 05-10-2006 03:36 AM

I don't know, is this the right way?

I was just over on CF and thought I would email some members over there who I saw were located in Florida, but I backed down after sending two invitation out. Is this really kosher to do? I don't know, I would like to contact people about our little group here, but I feel it may not be the proper thing to do.

What do you all think? Am I just suffering from wimplash?

I'm just not a go-getter salesman type........

exile 05-10-2006 04:05 AM

Seems to me if CF objects, they'll let you know and you can cease and desist. I'll put a link in my sig and see if it stays:)

Rich Z 05-10-2006 04:09 AM

Well I have my avatar plain as day with this site plastered across it and no one has yelped at me yet. I looked through the site rules and didn't see anything that said I couldn't do that. Also didn't see anything that explicitly said I couldn't post in the SouthEast section posting an invitation to this site.

But I don't want to press my luck and just appear to be unfriendly. I like CF and would hate to get booted off of it. :nonod:

Z06 Rocket 05-10-2006 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well I have my avatar plain as day with this site plastered across it and no one has yelped at me yet. I looked through the site rules and didn't see anything that said I couldn't do that. Also didn't see anything that explicitly said I couldn't post in the SouthEast section posting an invitation to this site.

But I don't want to press my luck and just appear to be unfriendly. I like CF and would hate to get booted off of it. :nonod:

Well, leave a link in your sig and see what happens. Worst case scenario you can think of a new name and sign up with a different email if they bump you off the CF.:rofl1:

2Vettes 05-11-2006 08:24 PM

I noticed your avatar the other night on CF Rich and wondered if there would be anything said...guess not :shrug01:

Rich Z 05-11-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes
I noticed your avatar the other night on CF Rich and wondered if there would be anything said...guess not :shrug01:

So far no one has said anything to me. But I did check the rules beforehand and there wasn't anything there saying I couldn't do that. :shrug01:

Z06 Rocket 05-12-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
So far no one has said anything to me. But I did check the rules beforehand and there wasn't anything there saying I couldn't do that. :shrug01:

Worst case they ask you to remove it and you do. No biggie.

Rich Z 05-13-2006 09:06 PM

Well when I get some time, maybe I'll just email a few people and invite them here. Hopefully I won't get too many people thinking I am one of those spammers sending junk mail we all get all too often.

mr mctavish 05-13-2006 11:20 PM

cf is where i found out about it.

Rich Z 05-14-2006 02:24 AM

Well I am trying to walk the line between finding people who may be interested in joining us here, and not pissing off those people of the other Corvette sites I like to visit myself. I really don't want to step on anyone's toes, but pay per click advertising is rather expensive and I just can't justify a lot of that for a free site. Plus it really isn't all that effective, as I have found out in the past.