The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Good guys vs. bad guys (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47455)

Kap142 06-25-2010 07:40 AM

Good guys vs. bad guys

0230 this morning two Polk County Deputies make contact with a suspicious male on a bike in a known trouble area of Lakeland. The suspect is questioned and when a search is to be conducted the suspect draws a 45 cal. hand gun and shoots both Deputies. Each D/S was wearing his vest and a fire fight ensued with the suspect dying from lethal fire from the Deputies 40 cal. Glocks.

One Deputy (Paul Fairbanks) in presently in surgery (stomach and poss arm wound and Mike Braswell is also being treated. Both will survive.

Just thought I'd let ya know what the boys and girls really go through out there.:mad:

Pres712 06-25-2010 07:51 AM

One less

Good job!!! One less to arrest, wrist-slap and let go, to do it again.

als2052 06-25-2010 07:52 AM

Good to hear the officers will be okay...our prayers to them and their families...as for the perp, he got what he deserved...may he NOT RIP...

navy2kcoupe 06-25-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap142 (Post 117261)
0230 this morning two Polk County Deputies make contact with a suspicious male on a bike in a known trouble area of Lakeland. The suspect is questioned and when a search is to be conducted the suspect draws a 45 cal. hand gun and shoots both Deputies. Each D/S was wearing his vest and a fire fight ensued with the suspect dying from lethal fire from the Deputies 40 cal. Glocks.

One Deputy (Paul Fairbanks) in presently in surgery (stomach and poss arm wound and Mike Braswell is also being treated. Both will survive.

Just thought I'd let ya know what the boys and girls really go through out there.:mad:

It TRULY is a war zone in some parts of the country.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: to the deputies for wearing their vests, taking
a lowlife out of the gene pool, and (most importantly) living to fight another day!
Paul and Mike......"My hat's off to you 2 fine boys! GET WELL SOON!"
Andy Anderson :wavey:

navy2kcoupe 06-25-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052 (Post 117263)
may he NOT RIP...

Or.........maybe.........RIP........"Rest In PIECES" :yesnod:
Andy

Kap142 06-25-2010 10:31 AM

Update as of a few ago. Both Deputies were wearing their vests. Mike took three shots, two hitting the vest and bruising the heck out of him, the third hit him in the hip and exited the buttocks. He'll be fine.

Paul took one hit just below the bottom edge of his vest in the abdomen and a second shot (or two) in the arm/elbow/hand area shattering his elbow. Paul is out of surgery and will recover well.

The suspect drew a weapon from his waist as he was being placed against the marked unit turned and fired.

Deputies returned fire and Mike apparently reloaded and fired two last rounds as the suspect was still reaching for the 45. Rumor says the shots struck the shooter in the head ending the engagement.

Mark Dalton 06-25-2010 01:00 PM

I'm glad the 2 deputies are gonna be OK.:thumbsup: As for the suspect....well...I don't know how to write the raspberry sound.:D

Rich Z 06-25-2010 01:21 PM

Man, that's really not a job that I would want to have. I don't think I could walk that very narrow tightrope between being courteous/respectful and shooting first/ask questions later....

Shadow 06-25-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 117288)
Man, that's really not a job that I would want to have. I don't think I could walk that very narrow tightrope between being courteous/respectful and shooting first/ask questions later....

It's not that difficult Rich.

It's a mixture of:

1) Common sense
2) Good Training
3) Reasonable IQ
4) Street smarts
5) Attentiveness (detail oriented attention)

Will usually get you through to retirement (whenever you decide to pull the plug).

Good job guys:thumbsup:
Toa full and quick recovery!:usa_flag:

blacksharkL82 06-25-2010 04:16 PM

cops shot!

Wrist slap hell.
Give them a medal, for ridding the streets of another dirt bag.
Did you all notice, That county, does not put up with bad guys.
AKA, "why did they shoot him 68 times?"
"They ran out of ammo."
G. Judd, for president.
He'll stop border jumpers, quick!!