The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legal Issues (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Got pulled over last night... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571)

MADN3SS 08-05-2006 08:51 AM

Got pulled over last night...

but didn't get a ticket. It was actually the first time where I didn't think I deserved one. I was doing 55 in a 45 on my way to work. He was pacing me from behind. Honestly I thought I was doing 52, but hey, what's 3mph between friends. ;)

Anyway, he came back with my details and said "I'm not giving you a ticket because a lot of people speed through here, including me"! I think he just wanted to see the pretty silver Corvette! :hehehe:

It's my third time being pulled over in the same mile stretch. I need to find a new way to work! :lmao:

I thought maybe Ivo was driving in front of me and drew the cop out. He does that to me a lot! Always tryin' to get me in trouble.

Scott

Edit: This is the first time being pulled over in the Z. Both previous tickets on this stretch of road were in my Camaro SS.

2Vettes 08-05-2006 08:22 PM

I've never been pulled over and not given a ticket. Oh, no I'm wrong, once. So, I guess I don't have anything to gripe about :nonod:

Mark Dalton 08-05-2006 09:00 PM

I've had my Z for 4 years now and have never been pulled over. Hmmm...maybe I'm just not driving the car right.;)

EZ GOIN 08-05-2006 09:11 PM

I'm with 2vettes, I've never been pulled over and NOT recieved a ticket:shrug01:

At least that cop was nice and honest. The last time I got pulled over, I was passing a cop getting back on I95(he had stopped to help someone that was broken down). So I'm cruising about 75 and he passes me doing about 80, so I let him get 10-12 cars out in front of me and then stay there doing 79-80. Well about 4-5 miles up the road he starts slowing down, so I slow down. Then he slows down more, so I just keep cruising just over 70 and sure enough as soon as I pass him, BAAM, light come on.
He said HE paced ME, got a ticket for 80 in a 70.:toetap05:

EB-Z 08-08-2006 08:10 AM

I consider myself lucky so far, tickets usually come in 3's for me. Only time I've been stopped was the first week of ownership. Officer said that I ran a red light on a left hand turn, I didn't want to argue so I smiled and told him that the car is new and I'm still getting used to it......He smiled and said that he wasn't going to write a ticket but said if he saw me taking any turns again at about 45 mph, he wouldn't care what color the light was!:hehehe: :hehehe:

Then he just said, Sweet Car- have a nice day:) :)

naples 08-08-2006 09:44 PM

I have never ever got a warning. I always get the ticket and I guess I deserved it.

Rich Z 08-08-2006 09:51 PM

Well, I have had my Z since the end of September last year, and have not been stopped yet for anything. (** knock on wood **). I'm surprised because the windows are so heavily tinted I thought for sure I would get stopped just so they could see who was driving the car so I could get "profiled". :rofl1:

SRQC5 08-23-2006 12:22 AM

Ive been questioned by LEOs thinking that im driving a stolen car. I think they just wanted to give me a hard time. Go figure :confused: ...

TwistedFun 08-31-2006 05:21 PM

i have been pulled over one time since 2000 and i was putting 400 miles down every other weekend on I95 quite often. my speed was over xxx at 4:30 am no traffic at all. i was given a very professional warning from a very nice trooper in a z28. i was very lucky to have not gone to jail. it could be because i pulled over as soon as i saw the reflection on the side of her car and waited for her and i had all my stuff ready. who knows, but i truly expected to pay the price for my actions. it just reinforced my opinion of the fhp. most of the troopers i have delt with have been very good people over all.

Vetgasm 09-01-2006 08:45 AM

I got pulled over a few months ago. He was pacing me doing 68 in a 50. Yes I got a ticket but gave it to a local attorney and $200.00 to make it go away. I'm 52 and I don't think they will have a problem since the last time I've received a ticket was at 19. I love my Velocity Yellow Vette but it is a beacon for laser.:yesnod: