The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tampa folks going to Garlits on 1/28, step in please! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1765)

Gannet 01-17-2007 06:47 PM

Tampa folks going to Garlits on 1/28, step in please!

Ok gang, it's time to settle on where we're going to meet for the run to Garlits' on Sunday, 1/28.

Originally there was some mention of meeting at the TBV launch pad, but that was before we knew there was going to be a breakfast cruise that day. Two cruises leaving from the same place would be confusing, so we need to choose another.

It has been suggested that we meet at Insty-Lube, aka Andreh's, in Carrollwood. This is convenient for most of us, and the run to Garlits' from there will be easy and fast. We can just jump on 275, which is nearby.

Andreh's is located on the East side of Dale Mabry, a block or so south of Bearss/Enrlich. The address is 14783 S. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa 33618. Here's a Google map.

We're supposed to be at Garlits' at about 10:30. I suggest we be on the early side, as it will take some time to go through the museum. It's 77 miles from Andreh's to Garlits', almost all freeway. This group doesn't dawdle, so I think it'll take about a hour or 1:05. In that case, if we left around 9:15 or a few minutes later that should be about right.

I'm open to other suggestions, but unless we decide on something else that's where and when I'll be leaving from. Who wants to come along?

The museum is great, don't miss it. And caravanning in Vettes is lots of fun. :D So lets do it!

Brian9 01-17-2007 09:08 PM

Im in. Hope its as fun as the 5 bridge cruise!:crazy03:

thebeepster 01-18-2007 08:07 AM

Count me in!:crazy03:

Maalox 01-19-2007 02:27 PM

If I'm in town that weekend we will join you. The museum is great and if last weekend's run is the example, it won't take us long to get there :thumbsup:

Are there any plans for lunch up there? There is a Sonny's at that exit, but hopefully Gannet found another gem like Landry's for brunch?

USA-1 01-19-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maalox

Are there any plans for lunch up there? There is a Sonny's at that exit, but hopefully Gannet found another gem like Landry's for brunch?

I'm fairly-new to Florida, and am not familiar with the surroundings of Garlits' museum, but a group of Corvette-owners from the Orlando area, who have been running their cars at Orlando Speed World Dragway in recent months, will be eating at a nearby SONNY'S following the visit, and discussing plans for future Vette-Togethers at OSWD :
Corvette-owners from areas other than Orlando are welcome to join us for eats and lie-telling!
:thumbsup:

Gannet 01-19-2007 05:51 PM

The Orlando guys put this together and were kind enough to invite everyone else along. I'm content to follow their lead. I only posted to try and get the Tampa Bay folks coordinated for the run.

As to Sonny's, I love BBQ but my only other experience with that chain was unpleasant. We never got as far as the food, though, which may be great. I'm willing to give them another chance. :)

USA-1 01-19-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannet
As to Sonny's, I love BBQ but my only other experience with that chain was unpleasant. We never got as far as the food, though, which may be great. I'm willing to give them another chance. :)

In my short-time here in the South, I've only eaten at SONNY'S once and it wasn't a gut-wrenching experience, so when a member of our group mentioned a SONNY'S was close-by, I figured
:shrug01:

'Our' plans to eat afterwards at SONNY'S are not etched-in-stone, and are subject to change:
if someone can suggest another place (Applebee's, T.G.I.Fridays, Ruby Tuesday's, etc. ) that is very-close to the Museum where we can munch-down a kangaroo-burger and discuss racing, that's cool.....
we can even finalize our plans once we reach Big Daddy's that day.
:thumbsup: